Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sony 3D Camcorder HDR-TD10 Support?
techmaster [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 30, 2010 10:26 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I'm unable to get PD10 Ultra (eval copy) to correctly handle Sony 3d MVC files.
PD10 recognizes the file as MVC but will not play back in 3d (anaglyph or Nvidia 3d).
3D play works fine with Fuji W3 and JVC 3d files - but they are not in MVC format.
I then tried to "Produce" the un-edited Sony MVC file in a side-by-side format (MPEG-4 and WMV).
The file created by PD10 is side-by-side but left and right are the same - so not 3d.

So in conclusion it seems PD10 recognize MVC 3D files but it is not able to correctly read them

Have anyone been able to get Sony MVC files to work correctly or are there any work-arounds?

I do have Sony Vegas it works fine but I'm wanted to try PD10 since it's a 64 bit application.
Vegas non-pro is limited to 4GB of memory.

PD10 is not able to import from Sony HDR-TD10 using Capture. It will say it did not recognize any files (using USB mass storage mode - it will not even seen TD10 when using MTS mode). I imported the files using import of the .MTS file in the streams folder.

PD10 version 10.0.0.1129b
Nvidia driver 285.62
 Filename
Sony_HDR-TD10.MTS
[Disk]
 Description
Sony MVC 3D Sample file
 Filesize
68640 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
620 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
HI,
Thank you for attaching a sample file from a Sony_HDR-TD10. The trial version has limitations and importing HD mts files is one I believe.

I can import, edit and assess the 3D mts files in PD10 Ultra (not that's a great help to you).

I'll download your mts file (slow download speed from the forum) and check it out.

This link may also assist you: http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/product-faq-content.do?id=12825&prodId=4&prodVerId=930

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 21. 2012 05:29

techmaster [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, thanks for the reply.
I think Cyberlink made a really bad decision if they removed MVC decoding from the trial. As a Sony TD10 owner we do not have many choices. One of the most common complaints against TD10 is lack of editing support. So it would be in Cyberlink's best interest to demo compatibility with the trial. Others may conclude TD10 doesn't work with MVC files and move on.

I appreciate if you would check out my file and confirm:

Does it play back in 3D within PD10?
Does it produce a correct 3D side-by-side file?

Thanks
techmaster [Avatar]
[Post New]
The trial download page list the following limitations

•Watermark at the beginning of produced videos (5 seconds)
•30-day working trial
•An encoding limit of 50 iPod/PSP files (follows AAC's trial guidelines)
•SmartSound Library trial version
•Limited templates
•Does not include the PhotoNow! program
•Does not include the WaveEditor program
•H.264 encode only on Windows 7 OS or specifc hardware

Under System Requirements it says:
Video Camcorder Support

The list below represents camcorders from major camcorder brands that were tested by CyberLink, however, the list is not comprehensive. If your camcorder or format is not on the list it may still be compatible with PowerDirector, so please feel free to download the free trial to test your camcorder and file formats. Free trial

So the download page does not indicate lack of MVC supported in the trial

The link http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/product-f...d=12825&prodId=4&prodVerId=930
does suggest MVC may not be included.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 21. 2012 16:19

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Please take a look at a thread I've started... just lists your camera's file as one I'll test.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/21678.page

I used your video and did a brief write up, thread: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/21864.page#116778

Dafydd
Michael8511
Contributor Location: U.S.A. Indiana Joined: Jan 14, 2012 16:12 Messages: 374 Offline
[Post New]
I download that sample file and render it in. I don't have a 3D video camera so I don't kmow that much about the settings. But I render it at H264 AVC HD 1920x1080i Multi-View coding and did it again at side by side full. I was using my laptop i5 6 gig of ram. The cpu ran at 100% used 3 gig of ram. But no problems. I did not do a brun. Intel i7 5960X overclock to 4 Ghz 16 GB of ram.
GoPro 4
Canon VIXIA HF G10
Canon EOS Rebel T3
Canon EOS 70D
My Vimeo Channel http://vimeo.com/user3339631/videos
techmaster [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd, did you check to see if the Sony TD10 file displays with 3D effect within PD10?

Michael, I have no issue producing a side-by-side 3D file. The issue is that I get no 3D effect. Left and rigth is the same image. To check my clip please turn on 3D viewing in PD10 (select Anaglyph if you do have 3D hardware). Now the colors should look wrong and the image should have a lot of ghosting (like two overlapping misaligned copies of the same picture). If you don't see the ghosting then the left and rigth is the same and the view does not have any 3D effect.
Please upload the side-by-side file you created. I'd like to see how it looks.

Thanks

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 22. 2012 13:09

Michael8511
Contributor Location: U.S.A. Indiana Joined: Jan 14, 2012 16:12 Messages: 374 Offline
[Post New]
techmaster I select Anaglyph and here is what the video file looks like. I uploaded it to vimeo.

http://vimeo.com/37268773

I will put try to upload the side -by-side. Intel i7 5960X overclock to 4 Ghz 16 GB of ram.
GoPro 4
Canon VIXIA HF G10
Canon EOS Rebel T3
Canon EOS 70D
Michael8511
[Post New]
if this work here is the side-by side.
 Filename
SideBy side 3D.m2ts
[Disk]
 Description
Side-by-Side
 Filesize
24415 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
504 time(s)
Intel i7 5960X overclock to 4 Ghz 16 GB of ram.
GoPro 4
Canon VIXIA HF G10
Canon EOS Rebel T3
Canon EOS 70D
techmaster [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Michael, yes now the video has real 3D effect. So I'll conclude that the demo version of PD10 does not support import of 3D MVC files. The full version is needed to import this file correctly.

Thanks for the help

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 23. 2012 00:03

Wolfgang 1
Newbie Location: Austria/Vienna Joined: May 30, 2010 06:19 Messages: 49 Offline
[Post New]
My experience with TD10 footag in the PD10 is, that the PD10 recognizes the 3D footage in a nice way. With nvidida 3D vision and a 120 Hz monitor, there is still the issue that with 3 monitors the 3D preview does not work in a perfect way, since the preview switches to the full monitor all the time (the preview in the internal preview windows works with 2 monitors in a correct way only). And there is the issue that the PD 10 GUI must be located at the 120 Hz monitor - otherwise the preview will not work.

However, that is a preview issue - with 2 monitors I see here a correct 3D preview from TD10 PAL footage.

And the footage can be rendered in the PD10 to a 3D BD in a nice way, with menus what is still not possible in Vegas Pro 11.

I have not tested your uploaded footage. There is one limitation at least in Vegas - if you edit the footage within the TD10 the 3D effect is lost. I do not know if that takes place in the PD10 too. Kind regards,
Wolfgang