Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't play DVD and BluRay from folders or ISO images
msv6001 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 13, 2011 05:18 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Power DVD 12 Ultra (purchased) doesn't play DVD and BluRay from folders or ISO images.
Programm is registred. Win7 x64
flogger123 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 24, 2012 08:22 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
ISOs are disk images. You need to extract them by using some software like PowerISO. These images are often used as installers

I could be wrong but just this is from my experience.
Jeff R 1 [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 09, 2010 14:05 Messages: 176 Offline
[Post New]
@ flogger
Interesting little piece of software, but it's not free. Power ISO.

@ msv6001
If you want to watch your ISO files of your movie with Power DVD12 or any computer player you need to mount them on a virtual drive first. Ounce installed it will show up in "Computer" as another drive with a new letter assigned to it by Windows. Right click on the drive and there will be an option there to "Mount", browse for your ISO movie file.
Ounce mounted Power DVD12 will play it automatically play it if it's set up that way. Here's the link and it's free.

http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

It's at the bottom of the list "Virtual Clone Drive"
akaWolf52 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Sweden Joined: Jan 27, 2012 13:02 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Hey,
Just installed PowerDVD12. I have used Virtual Clone Drive from Slysoft for many years and PowerDVD versions without any problem but now 12 will not play when mounted. Anyone experienced the same issue?
Jeff R 1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hey,
but now 12 will not play when mounted. Anyone experienced the same issue?

After you mount your ISO there should also be an option at the top of that list to use DVD12 to play it, is that listed ?

If it is, clicking on it should work.
akaWolf52 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Issue SOLVED. I used the clean up programs for both PDVD10 and PDVD11 and cleaned all remains in the registry of Cyberlink. Did a restart and reinstalled PDVD12 and it could now play the iso files mounted with Virtual Clone Drive. Probably some old remains in the registry caused the problem
Jeff R 1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I was going to suggest that next.

How many Microsoft Redistributable packages do you have in Programs and Features after the clean up. I would be really curios to know ? Cyber DVD12 installs 3, so there will be at least that.

Thanks

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 18. 2012 14:40

akaWolf52 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Interesting, I have two C++2005, one installed mid last year and one 1st of January 2012. I installed PDVD11 2012-01-01. Then I have three C++2008, one from 1st and one from 2nd of January and one from yesterday when I installed PDVD12.
What is this?
Jeff R 1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
So far all of Cyberlinks Power DVD versions use these distributable packages, they allow their software to interact and run with in the Windows environment. When an old application is uninstalled, they remain of the hard drive.
In some case the old ones can conflict when a new piece of software is installed. In my case ones left behind from DVD10 would interfere with DVD11.
It also appears that the more applications that a piece of software has, the more of these things the program needs and that holds true to Power DVD12 with all of it's bells and whistles.

TMT5 does not require any distributable packages as does Cyberlinks Media Smart DVD ( a watered down version of a Power DVD product for HP computers)

It is interesting to know that the old ones left on your drive do not appear to be interfering with the proper functioning of DVD12 or Virtual Clone drive.

Thanks for your response !

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 18. 2012 17:31

akaWolf52 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Learning every day....
Is it worthwhile cleaning up? And if so which one is required by PDVD12?
Jeff R 1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
If everything is working properly, I would leave things alone. Most of them are small only taking up around 300 KB on the drive, some of the 64 bit ones are bigger at 11 to 14 MB, but still not that big.
If you must get rid of them, uninstall them all along with DVD12. Run your registry cleaner again as many times as necessary to clean up the mess. When you reinstall DVD12, the necessary ones will automatically be installed along with DVD12.
If you going to go ahead with this, as a precaution, create a manual Windows restore point before you begin.

The strange thing about them is that they are elusive to find on the Microsoft site. I tried putting the info into Microsoft's search box and while a whole whack of them came up, the one I wanted didn't.
It would almost seem that Microsoft develops custom ones for specific vender's, that would explain why they are not readily available.

It would be great if a software developer would come along and explain the whole thing, what I know about them is what I have learned through obsessive experimentation.

Here is a simple explanation of what they are, sort of...

http://ask-leo.com/do_i_need_these_microsoft_visual_c_redistributables.html

It would explain why Power DVD9, 10, 11 etc. doesn't always work the way they should. The explanation points out that not all of Cyberlinks DVD programs are written entirely by Cyberlink.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 19. 2012 14:07

akaWolf52 [Avatar]
[Post New]
So I did, uninstalled all of them included PDVD12 and reinstalled from the beginning. It gave me four different versions of the runtime package but it works so now I will leave it as is.
Thanks for the support!
Jeff R 1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
That's interesting, on mine it did three. I will reinstall it and found out.

And your welcome.

I spend most of my time over at the HP forums, some topics can go on for pages trying to figure out other peoples computer problems, this is sort of a change for me.

The trial installed 3, perhaps the full version install 4, assuming that is what you have.
[Thumb - C++.PNG]
 Filename
C++.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
4 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
449 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 19. 2012 16:25

akaWolf52 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: That's interesting, on mine it did three. I will reinstall it and found out.

And your welcome.

I spend most of my time over at the HP forums, some topics can go on for pages trying to figure out other peoples computer problems, this is sort of a change for me.

The trial installed 3, perhaps the full version install 4, assuming that is what you have.

Yes I have the full version on a 64 bit machine. One installation gave me these three packages and I tried on another that gave me four........
[Thumb - Visual C++.png]
 Filename
Visual C++.png
[Disk]
 Description
Installed packages
 Filesize
164 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
540 time(s)
Sam [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 24, 2012 00:29 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello!

I have the same issue as the OP, where did you download the cleaner tools??
Also, I upgraded since PowerDVD 8 originally, I will not be able to install powerDVD 12 alone since it is an upgrade, and I will run into the same issue again if I have to install previous version... Any idea??

Thank you for your help!
Jeff R 1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Here's the link to Cyberlink's cleaner tools, second post.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/21448.page

and CCleaner, which may also be necessary. (registry cleaner, run it as many times until it finds nothing)

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

It has also been reported that you do not need to have a previous Cyberlink product on the hard drive for an upgrade to work, at least when it comes to Power DVD12.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 24. 2012 03:40

Sam [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 24, 2012 00:29 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for your answer Jeff R 1!

I used the cleaners, restart, ccleaner, restart and tried to reinstall PowerDVD 12 but got the message about ''you need at least previous version xx to install''.
nayan007 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 05, 2011 22:50 Messages: 52 Offline
[Post New]
What is this error,previous version to install. But according to me any fresh software will install easily,why it will require previous version. !! Love Cyber-Link !!
akaWolf52 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Sam,
Try what is behind this link:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/21448.page#114431

Good Luck