Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
3D BD Failure BUG
[Post New]
PD10 constantly fails to create .mts output files correctly when authoring 3D BluRay.

3DBD Project either 1280x720 50P or 1920x1080 24P.

Sorce files tested are 50P 1280x720 or 1920x1080 24P avi, m2ts, avchd, mp4 - all produce a file which plays about half way through in 3D, then freezes, audio continues, this is so from the created disc, or from the folder files played with VLC player, or any other transport stream player.

This appears to be a terminal bug.

I have reinstalled PD10, cleaned out all temp files - all to no avail.
[Post New]
This is crazy,

I cannot find a single file type that renders out correctly to 3DBD, vision always freezes towards the end of the file after encoding, although the disc continues to play and produces sound.

What gives? is there a test 3D file from Cyberlink?

Paul
kingsmeadow
Senior Member Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Dec 06, 2011 11:52 Messages: 179 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: This is crazy,

I cannot find a single file type that renders out correctly to 3DBD, vision always freezes towards the end of the file after encoding, although the disc continues to play and produces sound.

What gives? is there a test 3D file from Cyberlink?

Paul

Don't know of any Cyberlink test 3D, however here is one I tried and it worked for me, as do many others.

http://3dvision-blog.com/stereoscopic-3d-trailer-for-the-movie-alice-in-wonderland/

Intel Core i7 3770K 3.6 Ghz,
GTX 680, 2 X Benq23 3D monitors,
6G DDR3, Win 7 64, Win 10 (Insider) 64
PCIE SSD, Intel Sata SSD 2 500 Gbyte Seagate,
Minoru 3D WebCam, NVIDIA 3D Vision-Ready
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Paul,
If you could provide more information member may be able to assist you further.

Information requested:
1. Please state the source video, camera make/model you have?
2. Please provide a 5 second sample video and upload as an attachment.
3. Please provide Diagnostic files - a system can often be the cause/solution to a problem.
4. Please provide a screenshot of the Edit Workspace - to show what method/data you're applying - important.

Guide info: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
Part A, B, E&F

I look forward to seeing the data.

Dafydd
[Post New]
I'm shooting with a Sony TD10 - I prefer if possible to edit with GV Edius and output either uncompressed avi or Canopus HQ - but as I'm unable to obtain any reliable results I've tested mp4 and avcd files, bought into the 3D burner as external files, no menu, nothing at all, just encode to disk - but the results whilst looking OK, often have errors where the video frame freezes at a certain point, usually towards the end of the encode - I've tried very short clips, and some of 20 minutes - the longer ones freeze at about a minute from the end.

All the files I use are MVC dual stream 3D

PD10 says that it imports MVC, avi, mp4 etc etc, I know that the instant response here will be that I'm editing with a non Cyberlink product, and that PD10 probably has an issue with an uncompressed avi from another platform.

I've tested all my files with Cinevision and Scenarist, all are good.

I'd love to get this to work, it's simple and fast -

thanks

Paul

I'll upload a short avi and an avchd to test -
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
28 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
517 time(s)
kingsmeadow
Senior Member Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Dec 06, 2011 11:52 Messages: 179 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I'm shooting with a Sony TD10 - I prefer if possible to edit with GV Edius and output either uncompressed avi or Canopus HQ - but as I'm unable to obtain any reliable results I've tested mp4 and avcd files, bought into the 3D burner as external files, no menu, nothing at all, just encode to disk - but the results whilst looking OK, often have errors where the video frame freezes at a certain point, usually towards the end of the encode - I've tried very short clips, and some of 20 minutes - the longer ones freeze at about a minute from the end.

All the files I use are MVC dual stream 3D

PD10 says that it imports MVC, avi, mp4 etc etc, I know that the instant response here will be that I'm editing with a non Cyberlink product, and that PD10 probably has an issue with an uncompressed avi from another platform.

I've tested all my files with Cinevision and Scenarist, all are good.

I'd love to get this to work, it's simple and fast -

thanks

Paul

I'll upload a short avi and an avchd to test -

First thing I notice in your diag is that you only have

Drive: C:
Free Space: 17.7 GB

Here is a quote from Carl312 """"For powerdirector to create a Bluray disk, the C: drive needs to have 60 to 100 GB of free Space. .""""

I had a similar problem and Carl cleared this up for me by pointing this out.,,,and no other drive will work. At the moment it has to be C:

This could explain the problem. Intel Core i7 3770K 3.6 Ghz,
[Post New]
I noticed that PD10 always uses the c drive to create the temp files, but in my case they are pretty small, as I'm only running tests - but maybe it hates the drive, as its an SSD - who knows - I'll have to install on another system here with standard spinny drives and see how that works

thanks

Paul
[Post New]
So, a little progress:

I import a short, Lossless avi (MVC) directly into "Create Disc" Select no menu, and open the Burn dialogue and select the 1920 24P template.

I untick burn to disc, and select Create Folder, name it (the root is a large empty Drive) and hit "Start Burning"

When done, open the stream file and play it. The resulting file plays, but the video freezes after a while and the audio continues as does the frame count.

I do this to save re burning discs and wasting time.

If I import the same lossless file to Edit, then select Produce and output an H264 MVC file, then output in the burner as above, I get a file that plays correctly.

SO, despite the advertising around PD10 that it can handle many formats, which it can, it does not like anything MVC which it has not coded itself, it is happy with MVC from specific cameras as well.

So the rule is, import your alien, non Cyberlink MVC file to the timeline, encode to AVCHD .mts in Producer and import to the 3D Create Disc dialogue.

For best quality, if you are preparing product outside of PD10, use a lossless file format if you can, or something with a decent codec like Canopus HQ (PD10 reads this).

This could well do with looking at, not everone edits in PD10, it should work with other files too, in fact it almost does, but not quite, something is causing this error.

My lossless files are too big to upload - 5 secs is 1.5GB

Paul

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 07. 2012 10:08

kingsmeadow
[Post New]
Quote: So, a little progress:

Paul

Glad to hear you have made progress, this may help some others who have had difficulty...The only 3D video I have imported is from my Fuji and I had no problems at all. Intel Core i7 3770K 3.6 Ghz,
[Post New]
Well sorry to say, I'm still getting errors - so this just isn't true:

Videos: Support for all the most popular 3D video formats: MVC (M2T), Side-by-Side, Top-Under, and Dual-Stream AVI.

PD10 simply is not capable of producing a 3D BD UNLESS you use original camera files, it simply falls over if you offer it MVC files of any other flavour -

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 07. 2012 15:25

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
HI PaulTV ,
How about providing a snippet of the MVC file you have? A 5 to 10 second sample will do. We can all test and confirm your findings.
Thanks
Dafydd

Edit, Sorry just read the 1.5gb note.... forget the sample.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 07. 2012 15:28

kingsmeadow
[Post New]
Quote: So, a little progress:

SO, despite the advertising around PD10 that it can handle many formats, which it can, it does not like anything MVC which it has not coded itself, it is happy with MVC from specific cameras as well.

I tried an experiment, and downloaded a test video from NetBlender. This video is MVC encoded 3D and plays perfectly in PowerDVD. I inserted it in PD10 and it didn't want to accept it as a 3D video. The Multiview option was greyed out and Autodetect did nothing. So I think Paul you are correct in that PD10 is particular about 3D video. I am trying to find a tool which would give me details about the encoding of the clip, if anyone knows of such a tool I would be most grateful. Intel Core i7 3770K 3.6 Ghz,
[Post New]
I've also produced a few 3D BluRay compliant files from other NLE's which, so far will either not play in PD10, or play in 3D for a few seconds then produce a 2D greenish display - so not playing back correctly, I'm just looking at an MVC analysis tool now.

Oh, by the way, I appear to have stumbled upon what may be causing the problem with 3D BD encoding in PD10 when using external source avi MVC files, I still have to go through this interim file stage, so, avi MVC to timeline, create file in Produce, select 3D, then select mp4 NOT AVC, the files then ecode without error, use the resulting files to author with.

So maybe the AVC encoder has issues, I made an mp4 template with a higher data rate in Produce, 720 50P @ 30Mbs Main.

( The 3D BD specification states that these are the supported formats: 1920x1080 24P, or, 1280x720 50P, or, 1280x720 60P - that's it. )

It would be better if this interim file conversion was not necessary, it adds more transcoding and therefore, loss, but for now it works.

Paul

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 08. 2012 05:29

[Post New]
Just back from Comet: Tested my 3DBD on 3 players and 3 different 3D systems - plays fine, 3D great, really good quality, surprising! and the LG passive TV was miles away the best performer! amazing considering its so cheap.

Paul
ELINA [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 06, 2012 15:04 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, Paul!

I've been struggling with trying to burn a 3D BD also (can never pass a 22% mark while authoring) and i read the whole conversation here, but haven't really understood if you figured out weather PD is capable of creating a full 3D BD disk with any problems or not????
Appreciate in advance!!

Well, I see that you said that you just tested a disk and it's a great 3D, but I guess my question is did you still have to produce and save it as a folder and then use it in your project to burn or you actually burned a 3D BD straight from the project right after editing it???

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 10. 2012 16:21

Thank you,

Elina

PD 10 Ultra, Computer: HP Pavillion Elite HPE, AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 925 Processor 2.80 Ghz, 8GB RAM, Windows 7, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450
Camera: HDR TD-10
kingsmeadow
[Post New]
Quote: Hi, Paul!

I've been struggling with trying to burn a 3D BD also (can never pass a 22% mark while authoring) and i read the whole conversation here, but haven't really understood if you figured out weather PD is capable of creating a full 3D BD disk with any problems or not????
?

It definitely is possible, as I have created many 3D BluRay discs, both 25 and 50 Gbytes versions with absolutely no problems, and they play perfectly on my Sony 3DTV. it isn't even difficult, I simply insert the video to be written to disc, select BluRay and press the button, and then wait patiently....and .. voilà..it's done.... Intel Core i7 3770K 3.6 Ghz,
[Post New]
Whilst some people have no problems making 3D discs, some do, including me. It really doesn't help anyone to hear how simple it all is, when they are unable to achieve a result.

I, for example get either a freeze or a crash whenever attempting to encode AVC 3D files from a variety of sources including uncompressed avi's. This includes creating a folder only, not even a burn to disc, where the streams within the folder are faulty, either part frozen or incomplete. I never interfere with my machine whilst it is coding either, it is quite happy to fail whilst left alone.

This is on a well specified computer, with nothing else running, no virus soft, huge capacity drives, latest drivers, etc etc.

If you look at this board, many people are having similar issues, the only route I have found that works to some extent, is to Produce MP4 files from the source material and use these files to create the 3D disc.

I'm very pleased for those that drift effortlessly through this process, all I can hope is that Cyberlink will address this issue before another company produces a similar piece of software that is more reliable.

I seriously wish this would work for me, but in the meantime, I'll keep trying to find a reliable workflow.

Paul

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 12. 2012 07:52

kingsmeadow
[Post New]
Quote: Whilst some people have no problems making 3D discs, some do, including me. It really doesn't help anyone to hear how simple it all is, when they are unable to achieve a result.

I have had some problems, but never any freezes or crashes that I couldn't find an answer too. I can crash this system any time I want to while using PD10. And that is to over clock the CPU...and it's the only program that will crash in that situation. So I don't over clock any more.

And I hasten to add, that up until now I have not been doing anything fancy with the 3D, I am simply inserting a video and turning it into a 3D-BD. Now that I feel confident, I am starting to add titles and menus, but first I need to understand how to make the ones I want, which I am doing right now. I have not put in any transitions or any other item in the video chain,, perhaps when I start adding complexity, it may be different. Intel Core i7 3770K 3.6 Ghz,
[Post New]
I understand that an overclock can be an issue, I've tested here with a standard bios setting running my 920 at stock (2.66Ghz) and also at 4Ghz with water cooling - there is no difference in results at all, I can't make any impact on reliability either way.....

HOWEVER - I'm currently testing the whole C-Drive thing - Cyberlink must be insane if they limit users to creating massive Blu Ray folders on their system drives, especially in the light of SSD, which is best run as read only with as little writing to, as possible, enabling TRIM with Windows 7 helps, but writing and reading these massive files seriously impinges on an SSD's useful lifetime and performance over time.

I can't understand why software developers think you want to keep libaries of effects, source media etc etc, on your system drive - nuts.

Anyhow, using the C drive here, still produces junk files, freezes and failure when using the AVC encoder, but I have more success with mp4 - but still unreliable.

Paul
kingsmeadow
[Post New]
Quote: I understand that an overclock can be an issue, I've tested here with a standard bios setting running my 920 at stock (2.66Ghz) and also at 4Ghz with water cooling - there is no difference in results at all, I can't make any impact on reliability either way.....

HOWEVER - I'm currently testing the whole C-Drive thing - Cyberlink must be insane if they limit users to creating massive Blu Ray folders on their system drives, especially in the light of SSD, which is best run as read only with as little writing to, as possible, enabling TRIM with Windows 7 helps, but writing and reading these massive files seriously impinges on an SSD's useful lifetime and performance over time.

I can't understand why software developers think you want to keep libaries of effects, source media etc etc, on your system drive - nuts.

Anyhow, using the C drive here, still produces junk files, freezes and failure when using the AVC encoder, but I have more success with mp4 - but still unreliable.

Paul

I couldn't agree more...I have 2 ssds but I dare not use them because of what you have just written. It's very silly not to allow the user to decide where they want their files stored. I am thinking seriously about buying a hybrid just for this purpose, any thoughts on that? Intel Core i7 3770K 3.6 Ghz,