Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
3D BD Failure BUG
kingsmeadow
Senior Member Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Dec 06, 2011 11:52 Messages: 179 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I understand that an overclock can be an issue, I've tested here with a standard bios setting running my 920 at stock (2.66Ghz) and also at 4Ghz with water cooling - there is no difference in results at all, I can't make any impact on reliability either way.....

HOWEVER - I'm currently testing the whole C-Drive thing - Cyberlink must be insane if they limit users to creating massive Blu Ray folders on their system drives, especially in the light of SSD, which is best run as read only with as little writing to, as possible, enabling TRIM with Windows 7 helps, but writing and reading these massive files seriously impinges on an SSD's useful lifetime and performance over time.

I can't understand why software developers think you want to keep libaries of effects, source media etc etc, on your system drive - nuts.

Anyhow, using the C drive here, still produces junk files, freezes and failure when using the AVC encoder, but I have more success with mp4 - but still unreliable.

Paul

I couldn't agree more...I have 2 ssds but I dare not use them because of what you have just written. It's very silly not to allow the user to decide where they want their files stored. I am thinking seriously about buying a hybrid just for this purpose, any thoughts on that? Intel Core i7 3770K 3.6 Ghz,
GTX 680, 2 X Benq23 3D monitors,
6G DDR3, Win 7 64, Win 10 (Insider) 64
PCIE SSD, Intel Sata SSD 2 500 Gbyte Seagate,
Minoru 3D WebCam, NVIDIA 3D Vision-Ready
[Post New]
I'm just building a clean win 7 install on a 500gb Samsung spinny drive, no other soft, to test PD10 alone.

We'll see if there is any difference at all !!

Paul
[Post New]
Completely clean install, no other software, using system drive, all default settings, burn to 3D BD, files freeze towards the end of the clip, or fail before the end of the clip.

Windows 7, GTX285, latest drivers, i7 920 no overclock, 500gb Samsung 7200 C drive, no anti virus soft running, 6Gb RAM, 400 GB drive space on C.

PD10 simply fails to deliver on 3D BD projects, I've wasted 2 weeks on this, I'm going for a refund.

Paul
kingsmeadow
Senior Member Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Dec 06, 2011 11:52 Messages: 179 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Completely clean install, no other software, using system drive, all default settings, burn to 3D BD, files freeze towards the end of the clip, or fail before the end of the clip.

Windows 7, GTX285, latest drivers, i7 920 no overclock, 500gb Samsung 7200 C drive, no anti virus soft running, 6Gb RAM, 400 GB drive space on C.

PD10 simply fails to deliver on 3D BD projects, I've wasted 2 weeks on this, I'm going for a refund.

Paul

Well you gave it your all,,too bad, most folk would have given up long before now....Perhaps PD XX will be better Intel Core i7 3770K 3.6 Ghz,
GTX 680, 2 X Benq23 3D monitors,
6G DDR3, Win 7 64, Win 10 (Insider) 64
PCIE SSD, Intel Sata SSD 2 500 Gbyte Seagate,
Minoru 3D WebCam, NVIDIA 3D Vision-Ready