Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Create custom menu
bonagege [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Italia, Lombardia GMT + 1 Joined: Jun 25, 2011 16:32 Messages: 187 Offline
[Post New]
After many days I did many tests with chapters and titles, but it is impossible to understand how it works PD9. The manual is too little. Is there a good tutorial? Thank you. Eugene W 10 64 , pc Dell XPS 8000 - core i7 2,8 GHz--ram 6 MB--GEFORCE GTX 1050TI 4GB - SSD 256 + 2x630--area Pal
Videocam: Panasonic SD 700 avchd
Pinnacle 14 - PD 9-13-17
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: After many days I did many tests with chapters and titles, but it is impossible to understand how it works PD9. The manual is too little. Is there a good tutorial? Thank you. Eugene

Check this out:

The menu system has not changed, so this still applies.
http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/product-tutorial/enu/powerdirector/7/menudesigntips.jsp

You might want to print out the above page.

I can give you what I have learned over the years of using Powerdirector:

1. The Main Menu page always has the Play item.
2. If you have more than one chapter or title, you get a Scenes item on the main menu.
3. If you have subtitles for disk, you get a Subtitles item on the main menu page.
4. You can not modify the main menu except for the background and you can change "My Video" to your own name.
5. Scenes pages are either Chapters or Titles.
6. If you have more that one chapter in your video on the timeline, you get a scenes item on the main menu
7. If you add more videos on the content tab of create disk module you have Titles, Titles can also have chapters.

That is the basic rules for Powerdirector menus. You can do a few other things on the Scenes menu pages that you can not do on the main menu page.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 02. 2012 19:53

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

bonagege [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Italia, Lombardia GMT + 1 Joined: Jun 25, 2011 16:32 Messages: 187 Offline
[Post New]

Thanks Carl, with your help I have partially solved my problem.
I use the custom menu with several chapters on the same page.
The unresolved issues are:
1) does not automatically return to the home page after reading a chapter or title, but continues the vision of the entire movie. 2) This thumbnail image of the chapter is always a video of commencement of the chapter and not a still image.

W 10 64 , pc Dell XPS 8000 - core i7 2,8 GHz--ram 6 MB--GEFORCE GTX 1050TI 4GB - SSD 256 + 2x630--area Pal
Pinnacle 14 - PD 9-13-17
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Thanks Carl, with your help I have partially solved my problem.
I use the custom menu with several chapters on the same page.
The unresolved issues are:
1) does not automatically return to the home page after reading a chapter or title, but continues the vision of the entire movie. 2) This thumbnail image of the chapter is always a video of commencement of the chapter and not a still image.

PD will only return to the Menu if you are using Titles. And you select that behavior in the Create Disk Module. The selection is at Playback Mode on the bottom Right of the window, click the button at the end of the text box at Playback Mode.

Here is a post on that subject, one of many.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/21213.page#112796

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

bonagege [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm happy now with the help of the link, everything works.
But with a video production it needs to first produce the files. MPEG. Very uncomfortable.
Many thanks and greetings. Eugene W 10 64 , pc Dell XPS 8000 - core i7 2,8 GHz--ram 6 MB--GEFORCE GTX 1050TI 4GB - SSD 256 + 2x630--area Pal
Pinnacle 14 - PD 9-13-17