Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Creating/editing menus
aquamusic [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 20, 2012 22:56 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Newbie here using PD 10 Trial Version on Windows 7 Ultimate. I am creating a band demo that I want to burn to DVD. It consists of initial jpg image with some subtitle text, 7 short video clips (songs), and a "credits" ending with several subtitle frames. I have 9 chapters - 1 set at the beginning of each section.

So first I am not sure if subtitles are the correct way to display "transient" messages such as song titles, phone number, etc. I did set the subtitle properties so they were imprinted into the video which I believe stops the user from turning them off.

My main concern is creating/editing menus in the Create Disk area. I would prefer to just have one main menu with 9 buttons to select any chapter, but PD seems to want to create Root Menu and Title/Chaper menu. Is there a way around this? Seems overly complicated for a small project.

Thanks much for any help.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
G'day aquamusic -

The best way to do that (that I know) is to import each video clip into PD, under Create Disc, as a separate title (title, as in name of video - not text on screen).

If you set the playback mode like this, it should do what you want...

Maybe you could have the intro & credits as a first play video.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!