Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Disappearing Thread?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Earlier today I was engaged in a thread about Bubble Talk Animation

My browser history tell me it was at http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/21221.page - it seems to be gone. I guess the original poster is wondering why... or where.

The forum now tells me "The topic you are trying to see does not exist." Oh well - hope the user in question got his issue sorted out.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Interesting. If you search for Bubble Talk Animation you can see the posts, but when I try to click on one to go to the thread I get that same error that you mentioned. I guess there was a reason for it. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Interesting - here's the link, but all info has been 'removed'

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/jforum.page?module=search&action=search&search_keywords=Bubble+Talk+Animation&match_type=all&search_forum=&sort_by=relevance Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hmm -

A similar thing happened just the other day http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/21309.page#113413

As Alexi Sayle says: "It's a funny old forum."

Cheers - Tony
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Members,
I've asked CyberLink to look into the matter. I'll post a follow up asap.
The previous "lost" post was also reported and R&D were looking into the issue.
Forum Moderator

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 31. 2012 04:37

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Patrick's post has been restored: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/21014.page#111515

R&D are looking for a cause of the problem. I've seen syntax errors when replying to posts and this is an area R&D are exploring to see if thread content caused the error to happen.

Forum Moderator
Grumpy [Avatar]
Member Location: Surrey, BC Joined: Jan 24, 2012 17:35 Messages: 50 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tony, Kriller123 PM'd me as I was the only name they remembered, I guess Grumpy IS going to stick.

They discovered that they had the text track muted and thus didn't see the effect.

They did ask me to pass on their appreciation for our help. Richard

PD10, build 10.0.1129b SR VDE111213-07
Windows 7, 64-bit, Intel Quad core 3.3 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Intel on board graphics display (shares the RAM), 931 GB free space
ynotfish
[Post New]
Thank goodness for PMs!!! The mail must get through!

Dafydd - I did notice that my last reply in that thread (just before it vanished) took a very long time after I hit "Submit".

Cheers - Tony
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you Tony, I'll pass that along.

What was the make up of the reply - did you add any links?

From the email I received.
"RD might need to ask user how he produced this post. Seems like it's something the editor wrote that caused syntax error."

Edited/added The "syntax error" refers to a combination of characters which might trigger an unusual episode. I asked about a url as a possible cause.

Anything you can give, I'll pass on.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 31. 2012 14:44

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
From here, the forum has been a bit slow to come up a few times. Been rather finicky. Just the last few days. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
ynotfish
[Post New]
The post is here... http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/jforum.page?module=search&action=search&search_keywords=Bubble+Talk+Animation&match_type=all&search_forum=&sort_by=relevance

3rd one down - nothing syntactically out-of-the-ordinary.

Cheers - Tony
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
This morning it took about 2 minutes every time I tried to get in the forum, and it was totally screwed up. One time it had the same name on all the threads and posts.... __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,
A missing thread has been restored: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/21221.page

From an email today:
"The root cause of lost post, it's because the "Subject" (head of a thread) somehow lost tracking its posts. We still do not know what caused this.
As for the slow response after the submit button, it could be due to our server maintenance. The maintenance is done so this should not happen.
If members still experience the slowness, please ... provide us (CyberLink) with the time (just use the forum time) when they experience it."

Forum Moderator