Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Unable to upload videos to YouTube? - November 30th 2009 - FIX available to download HERE.
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
I think you are absolutely right OnTheWeb.....And it went right over my head!

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
OnTheWeb1
Contributor Location: Michigan USA Joined: Jan 02, 2009 12:58 Messages: 511 Offline
[Post New]
Speaking of timeouts, look at what I found with tracing my packets back to cyberlink. (file attached) A bit of packet loss getting to the cyberlink servers. If this happens during a youtube connection, guess what?

Whenever you see those red bars on the right hand side, that is packet loss and you'll have connection problems if it get bad enough.

[Thumb - CyberlinkPacketLoss.png]
 Filename
CyberlinkPacketLoss.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
74 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
291 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 09. 2009 22:18

Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
ASUS GTX 660 Direct CU II OC 2GB GPU
1 TB RAID 1 (mirrored) Drive Array
Several scratch drives for video, TMP, pagefile.
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
( Nov. 28 )
I noticed that the PD8 uploader to Youtube had stopped working for me and others. Got the "Could Not Connect" message.

( Nov. 30 )
Corrective patch released. (http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/faq-content.do?id=7809)
Applied corrective patch. Patch worked. Successfully and simultaneously uploaded a video to Youtube, and it’s timeline to Cyberlink’s Director’s Zone for the PD8 Challenge Me contest.

( Dec. 3 ) ?
Announcement was made that the PD8 to Youtube uploader was repaired, and the patch was no longer necessary.

( Dec. 9 )
When attempting to upload to Youtube, I now receive a different error message which says "Incorrect User Name/Password", and again can not upload to YT or it's timeline the DZ.

- When Cyberlink repaired their uploader, was I then supposed to remove the corrective patch?
- Could this be the cause of the password error?
- Do I have to do a complete re-install to remove the corrective patch?
- Is there a "repair" patch" that can be applied to replace the "corrective" patch?

I still prefer to independently upload video files to Youtube from my channel. But for projects that one also wants to display on Cyberlink's Director Zone, one must do so via the PD8 uploader.
I have verified that I'm using the correct Youtube user name and password, so I'm stumped, and would appreciate any clarification on all this. Thanks.

PD8 (build 2207)

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
I did a complete uninstall and reinstall to get the YouTube .dll file back to its original configuration. No success

My error message reads: You have entered an incorrect/inactive username or inactive account

I think it is safe to say that OnTheWeb, Cranston & myself are not experiencing an unique event.

Build 2220c

P.S. I quess that stunning entry into the Challenge Me Contest is going to have to wait a wee bit more.

Kevin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 10. 2009 05:01

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Guys,

I am concerned and I will refer this to CyberLink again.

I have just done a YouTube connection without any issues besides the firewall hassle I had.

Can you check the firewall connection.. I ask this because PD jumps through two hoops for me and I have to allow both parts before getting into YT.

All three are skilled at this and I'm aware of this.

All three of you are States' based.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
Just an update:

I just tried to upload a clip to YouTube with PD8 at 8:20 am and it worked. Don't know what else to say or add other than it worked.

Kevin
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,

- Update to my Dec 09 post above -
At the urging of Dafydd, I went ahead and updated to latest PD8 build 2220c, and the new PD8 Youtube Uploader error I had been receiving (incorrect user name/password), appears to now be resolved, as a subsequent test upload to Youtube was successful with no errors. Thank you Dafydd!

(Note: No adjustments were made to any of my McAfee security or firewall settings.) Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Interesting information users with YouTube upload issue should READ:

http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=165556

Also here:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/product-faq-content.do?id=7829&prodId=4&prodVerId=-244

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 14. 2009 10:45

DukeAdams [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 04, 2010 11:29 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
It seems that the problem uploading from PowerDirector 8.0 to YouTube has surfaced again...

"Cyberlink PowerDirector could not connect to the YouTube server. Check your Internet connection and then try again." ......

***Your "November 30th 2009 - FIX available to download HERE." post worked great and solved my issue back in November - Well, it seems that the same issue is back and I was curious if you had any updated solutions.

Thanks,

D.Adams
Mnx4 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 08, 2010 18:25 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I'm also getting this problem. I haven't tried the past fixes yet. It had been working about 2 weeks ago though. I have updated with the 1/20/2010 patch.

I'm on Windows 7 x64. Let me know if you need any other information.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 08. 2010 18:30