Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
dts wont work in produce file on mvk
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]

A healthy cinicism is not a bad thing.

Hi PDWhite,

No offense, but I don't think your opinion comes any way in healthy, but make this concern more aggresive like saying:

"Hey, there is an issue in your software, fix it better right now. Otherwise, I will gather others users to make more complaints." even though a possible time frame has been announced in the moderator's reply.

By the way, DTS audio is not a significant matter that "all of users" concerned or love to use in their production.

If the source material is recorded in 2ch stereo, producing the project with 5.1 channel audio might make the video more "artificial and fake". Anyway, it won't make the production perfect because of the audio engineering limitation.

I acknowledged that it is fancy to encode the videos with DTS audio, but does it always come with realistic benefits?

Every user has their own opinion and expressed here.
And, the above is mine.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 26. 2021 23:25

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote when trying to produce a video file with dts selected (this worked fine before then suddenly stopped ) says
pruduction unsucessful please ensure your graphics car is up todate and have the latest windows media player. or you can try a different file format.

all my drivers etc are up todate , and the funny thing is i get the same message on another pc and this all worked fine till about a week ago. both pcs are completly different so its not the pc .

if you select mvk and then select the qualtity you want then select the sound as AAC5.1 it works but as soon as the DTS i get the message constantly . ive unistalled and put it back in clean and the error still appears.

ive have tried every thing i can think of from roll backing drivers etc and still wont work , i think its the software its self , i have contacted support but no reply.

there are no patches or updates for my software which is powerdirector 365 subscription based and its vertion 19 i belive.
can any one please help many thanks

also this message comes up on h264 and h265

Dear All,

A hotfix has been released by CyberLink for this issue here: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/84381.page

You can follow the instructions there to apply it, or wait until the full patches are released for 365 and perpetual versions (which should be soon).

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I can confirm that the swapping in the hotfix files allows me to produce to DTS 5.1 using the MKV container with PD365.

[Post New]
Also fixed in the new released 365 v19.2.2520 w/o hotfix

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 28. 2021 01:48

clive321 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 02, 2021 16:52 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi everyone.. I've tried this new patch and it works a treat all.i.did was download the
Patch and just applied it to.the relevant folder as per the instructions on.here
And now DTS is back works a treat.
Recommended.
Many thanks everyone
PDWhite [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 02, 2020 12:42 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]

Hi PDWhite,

No offense, but I don't think your opinion comes any way in healthy, but make this concern more aggresive like saying:

"Hey, there is an issue in your software, fix it better right now. Otherwise, I will gather others users to make more complaints." even though a possible time frame has been announced in the moderator's reply.

By the way, DTS audio is not a significant matter that "all of users" concerned or love to use in their production.

If the source material is recorded in 2ch stereo, producing the project with 5.1 channel audio might make the video more "artificial and fake". Anyway, it won't make the production perfect because of the audio engineering limitation.

I acknowledged that it is fancy to encode the videos with DTS audio, but does it always come with realistic benefits?

Every user has their own opinion and expressed here.
And, the above is mine.

Hey! Sorry if you feel that way. However, (without causing any more offense to you or other readers in this thread,) I reserve the right to voice my opinion "constructively" - That sometimes sounding (politely) critical of the providers of the software I own and use with the expectation that it will continue to run as advertised. That is: at least as long it is the current version.

Secondly, I depend on being on being able to create disks using DTS 5.1. When this happened I thought is was an installation conflict and then spent a day-and-a-half reinstalling PowerDirector and then wiping clean and rebuilding my W10 OS to no avail. -

And I did manage to lose a few things in the process.

Finally, I am a very experienced software developer. I've been active in the field since the 1970's. And a prize winner at that, too. After having written, maintained and provided responsive customer support for a number of products and platforms, I don't believe I stepped out of bounds by sounding professionally and specutively pessimistic.

Very Lastly, I cannot express how very pleased I am that they have provided this hotfix within a reasonable timeframe. In my experience. Over the years, this has not always been the case with other packages I have owned.

Thank you, Cyberlink!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 28. 2021 16:09