Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
ColorDirector 9 Rendering Issues
jabatama12 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 24, 2019 12:50 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I'm in the same boat.
For 3 yrs I used PD 17 and was really happy, but lately for no apparent reason it started crushing and a pop up comes prompting me to upgrade to PD 19.

Well I did yesterday and now I'm banging my head against the wall.
Yesterday I purchased PD 19 and CD 9 (Color Director 9).

I went out with my wife and took 2 clips of 3 minutes each, so 6 min total. 1080 60p 40Mbs.

On PD 17 it'll Render it for 1-2 minutes.

I sent one of the clips to CD 9 for very basic adjustments like pulling Midtones, Clariy etc. and I sent it back to PD 19 via "Back' button.

Here is the shocker - for 6 min total clip it took 33 min to render. Unbelievable !
I activated the GPU acceleration and all, no difference, still 33 min render time.

I make a lot of family videos at 1hr 10min lenghts every month. My calculations tell me it will take me approx 11 hrs to render 1hr 10min video.

My computer:

Intel i7-6700k @ 4Ghz
RAM 64Gb, yes I went hard on RAM upgrade
Nvidia GTX 1060 6Gb
Win 10 Pro

If I don't find a solution in 3 weeks, I'm moving to something more reliable.

If you can help, pls do.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 21. 2021 19:16

jabatama12 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 24, 2019 12:50 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I opened a ticket with Cyberlink for the issues of slow Rendering and after few tweeks both my PD 19 and CD 9 are working reasonably well.

PD 19 is almost on par with my old PD 17 in terms of Rendering, but Color Director 9 needs some tender loving care from the desiners to pick up the speed a little, but as I said now it is working reasonably well.
Johndoc1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 06, 2018 17:58 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I opened a ticket with Cyberlink for the issues of slow Rendering and after few tweeks both my PD 19 and CD 9 are working reasonably well.

PD 19 is almost on par with my old PD 17 in terms of Rendering, but Color Director 9 needs some tender loving care from the desiners to pick up the speed a little, but as I said now it is working reasonably well.

What changed??? Did you get an update from them? Did they recommend settings that resulted in an improvement? I opened this thread on my old computer. Just got a new one. 11th Gen Intel i7-11700F, 32GB RAM, Nvidia 3060 graphics card with studio drivers. PD365 and ColorDirector latest versions, all up-to-date. As I write this, I am in the middle of a 11 minute ColorDirector damaged render which projects to take 1 hour and 39 minutes! As I've said in the past, it ain't the computer. What changed to give you an improvement?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 09. 2022 04:54

Johndoc1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 06, 2018 17:58 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I opened multiple tickets with CyberLink. Each time, I received a request for more information (show us your login, prove that you own the product, send us the videos before and after, etc. etc. etc.) . Each time, they closed the ticket without responding to me. I would dutifully open new tickets, reference the old ones and ask them for help. After about 5 cycles of this, they asked that I run Screen Recorder while I did the task. That's when I gave up. Screen Recorder can only add to the processing burden on the CPU/GPU and would muddy the results. They don't have a clue and simply were waiting me out. They won.

I already have an Adobe Creative Cloud Photography account. Now I'm looking at Premier Pro. I just did the March update on my machine. ColorDirector still causes a 5x delay in processing time. Just awful.

Any advice on Premier Pro???