Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Screenrecorder not working anymore... it's producing 1Kb file only..
Esseff [Avatar]
Member Location: Germany Joined: Oct 10, 2020 16:47 Messages: 69 Offline
[Post New]

Already have. No response

FWIW I installed a free screen recorder (Bandicam) and that also did not work. Same result as with the Cyberlink screen recorder. Still no response from Cyberlink support which is a bit disappointing. Ended up using the built-in Windows 10 screen recorder.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

FWIW I installed a free screen recorder (Bandicam) and that also did not work. Same result as with the Cyberlink screen recorder. Still no response from Cyberlink support which is a bit disappointing. Ended up using the built-in Windows 10 screen recorder.

Hello,

Can you try checking if your antivirus/security software setting blocks screen recording tool to fetch desktop recording or producing the video file on the hard drive. You may try temporarily turning it off and recording with Screen Recorder, and see if that works.

Something is obviously blocking the recording process for two of your programs.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Esseff [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hello,

Can you try checking if your antivirus/security software setting blocks screen recording tool to fetch desktop recording or producing the video file on the hard drive. You may try temporarily turning it off and recording with Screen Recorder, and see if that works.

Something is obviously blocking the recording process for two of your programs.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Made no difference
Esseff [Avatar]
[Post New]
Back to this...

Bought the full version and did three screen recordings... all worked fine.

Today I wanted to do another and lo and behold, the problem is back. Wtf??? Nothing's changed!!
D Flinner [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 08, 2022 14:41 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Back to this...

Bought the full version and did three screen recordings... all worked fine.

Today I wanted to do another and lo and behold, the problem is back. Wtf??? Nothing's changed!!

I ran into this issue for the first time today with 1KB screen captures. I have multiple monitors and somehow when I went to record with the FullScreen option selected, the yellow area indicating the recording area was missing on one side of a my main monitor and was off the edge. I repositioned the capture area to a small area and it started working again. I reactivated my FullScreen capture and I'm now getting FullScreen captures. Hopefully this helps someone.