Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD17 freeze during loading Update Timeline Date, Project 80%) Also show not responding later,
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]

I dont know about shadow files. Beaking up project would take more time to do the videos
thanks
Hank

Shadow files, if enabled converts the FullHD or 4K videos to a lower resolution,
Example: Fullhd resolution 1920x1080 lines, will be converted to 720x480 lines, this leaves the editing but quick and smooth in the timeline.
At the end you will Produce the video in the resolution that is chosen in Produce.
We'll have time to process the shadow files, but for me it's worth it, if I do not use it for sure, I'll spend more time editing it and I might get annoyed at some point.
Enable and disable shadow file.
PD. Open, Press keys, Alt + C
Preferences / General
Check the box. Enable shadow files ... / OK

see screenshot
[Thumb - shadow files.png]
 Filename
shadow files.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
28 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
0 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 09. 2019 19:06

XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
Hank123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 27, 2014 02:20 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]

Shadow files, if enabled converts the FullHD or 4K videos to a lower resolution,
Example: Fullhd resolution 1920x1080 lines, will be converted to 720x480 lines, this leaves the editing but quick and smooth in the timeline.
At the end you will Produce the video in the resolution that is chosen in Produce.
We'll have time to process the shadow files, but for me it's worth it, if I do not use it for sure, I'll spend more time editing it and I might get annoyed at some point.
Enable and disable shadow file.
PD. Open, Press keys, Alt + C
Preferences / General
Check the box. Enable shadow files ... / OK

see screenshot

Thanks alot for your help to do in shadow files. I will do that in the 80% stoppage projects to see whether it helps or solve the problem. will report it here.

Observation. when I do upload and work on the 100 fukles| project at the same time, it is very slow. Stoppage all the way 10%, 20% etc. Dont have other program running while you work on large project. Memory check from Task manager seems ok, about 4GB used out of 16GB. available.
11 Feb 2019
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hank123, AVPlayVideo, and Elfgren,

If you haven't done so already, please submit a technical support ticket for your issue and then respond with your ticket number so we can pass it on to CL customer service. This will help they duplicate this issue in the lab and then fix.

Hank123: You were asked a few times to generate your DXDiag file. You can find the info here to generate it. CL customer service will require it.

Elfgren: Tack så mycket for the excellent video. We passed it on to CS customer service.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The second bug is about inserting a transition on a long timline
and trying to change the length of the transition. Maybe someone found the obvious workarond earlier.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h1wN6dBCS1zcqwtYUDaIZEzl53FO3ylt/view?usp=drive_web

That's really something! I see the same behavior on an Overlap transition when the two clips are part of a long chain, and the problem occurs when I drag the either the starting or trailing edge left or right. In other words, any attempt at changing the transition's length by dragging an edge will cause the long delay.

However, there is no problem if the transition type is Cross. Another workaround besides moving the clips to a different track is to use the Duration icon:

That tool will let you set any value without triggering the delay.

I've also found that the farther to the right on the timeline the transition is, the less it is affected by the delay. Since the delay is also affected by changing which track the clips are on, this strongly suggests that the number of clips that need to be shifted in that track is a big factor.

Near the end of the timeline, only a few clips would be affected by changing the length of an Overlap transition, but near the beginning, almost all the clips are affected so the delay is many times longer. Putting a single clip 5 hours out on the timeline doesn't seem to affect the delay, so the number of clips that are affected seems to be the main factor when the delay occurs.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Andres.R
Senior Member Location: Tartu, Estonia Joined: Dec 31, 2009 02:26 Messages: 263 Offline
[Post New]

Actually I found a workaround. As the gopro footage is mostly 4K 50Fps I use the shadowfile possibility. Now Turning off this before loading, the loading is smooth and fast ! After that I can turn it on and editing goes faster. It is obviously some kind of bug when loading a project with the shadowfiles turned on.

Best regards

Sven Erik Elfgren

I had the same issue, freezes at 80%. And I had turn on shadow files. I took them off and problem solved

Thanks, Sven! PowerDirector 17. Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770 (8M Cache, up to 3.90 GHz); Hard Disk: SSD 250Gb + SSD 500GB.

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AndresRootsi