Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Shadow Files broken with Canon 5D Mk4 4K MOV files
browniee112 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 28, 2017 03:57 Messages: 66 Offline
[Post New]
This patch, does it only fix MOV files of Canon? Because it didn't fix the same issue for me.

I have the same issue but not sure what format is shadow files get generated in.
Camera is a Sony a6500, file format XAVC.

And GoPro Hero5, mp4.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi browniee112 -

No - that beta patch has nothing to do with GoPro or A6500 files. It corrects .MOV compatibility.

Shadow files from both those cameras could be generated in PDR16 from the get-go - i.e a completely unpatched build. Just tested both on original 1927 build installation.

Shadow files in PDR16 are generated in AVC H.264 MP4, using your selected resolution.

What's happening at your end to make you think you have the "same issue"?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
browniee112 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 28, 2017 03:57 Messages: 66 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi browniee112 -

No - that beta patch has nothing to do with GoPro or A6500 files. It corrects .MOV compatibility.

Shadow files from both those cameras could be generated in PDR16 from the get-go - i.e a completely unpatched build. Just tested both on original 1927 build installation.

Shadow files in PDR16 are generated in AVC H.264 MP4, using your selected resolution.

What's happening at your end to make you think you have the "same issue"?

Cheers - Tony

Hey mate,

Thanks for testing, you are right. I found the issue, I had installed Klite codec pack a while ago but I uninstalled it and re installed official windows 10 hevc and other video codecs and it resolved it.
Thanks heaps for testing!