Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power DVD 9 Ultra - DivX and XviD Playback problem
Martin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 12, 2008 06:09 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
No the patch doesn't fix anything. HDMI audio is still messed up and the looping video still occurs.

We probably fell for an Aprils joke - the patch was released on April 1st! However, I don't find this funny at all...

Regards!
Ali [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 14, 2009 12:23 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
we R waiting , Plz provide us a new working patch.

Wim [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 22, 2009 03:54 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Can someone tell me when we can expect a working version of PowerDVD 9 Ultra.
The only thing we heard from Cyberlink was the "Old" patch version, that, as expected, did not give us a sollution for the serious problems we meet using the program.
I have to use NERO showtime at the moment(working as a charme with the HD content ....).
Hope to hear soon from you,
Wim
ViperGeek
Newbie Location: Merrimack, NH, USA Joined: Apr 24, 2009 16:00 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having the same problem with DivX and XviD-encoded AVIs. Every other video player on my PC works, but PowerDVD 9 Ultra does not. At first, I couldn't believe it was PowerDVD's fault, since it's never had problems with MPEG-4 video in the past. I re-encoded my video a half-dozen times using all kinds of options, but still couldn't get it to display in PowerDVD 9.

FYI, PowerDVD 9 Version 9.0.1530.0 -- the latest patch available as of today -- still has this problem.

- Dave
ViperGeek
Newbie Location: Merrimack, NH, USA Joined: Apr 24, 2009 16:00 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

Y'know ... sometimes, I should just take the expert's advice before posting.

I just now followed this link, upgraded to PowerDVD 9 Versions 9.0.1531.0, and now all my DivX videos play just fine.

Thanks very much, Daisuke!

- Dave
Wim [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 22, 2009 03:54 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
This patch (9.0.1531.0) makes most problem disappear, DivX works fine now,
but...
The new DivX version V7 produces standard also MKV (H.264/AAC) videos and the used suffix .mkv is not recognized by the ,for the rest very good working!, PowerDVD_1531.
This must be a very little patch to correct, because a simple rename to a filename with .DivX as the suffix made that the testfile could be played with PowerDVD.
Thanks a lot for the fine patch!