Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
MOV importing issue/PD14
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Install QT LITE... NOT regular QT... (as has been suggested)if you want to try to avoid security issues.

CS

Again, I say, I haven't had any problems with Quicktime! I've seen Apple throw a couple of prompts my way on occasions, and an update for Quicktime may have been among them, but I've just clicked "quit" and not bothered with them.

I don't see any point in uninstalling the regular version of Quicktime and going for the "unleaded" version(ha-ha), if I've not experienced problems with the regular version. Those "security issues" simply haven't shown up! I'll add this: Barry, Quicktime may be on my computer but I don't use it to play back any clips(unless they may be really old stuff I want to review, and that's a rare occasion). But I have other options to review old QT stuff anyway. So the QT icon(and the software it links to) can happily sit on my computer.... It's not causing any detrimental effects at all! If at any time it does, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it!

Gentlemen, a reminder, this is MDelima's thread about problems with MOV files. Let's stick to the topic in question and not take over the thread with a side issue

Let's wait and see if he/she needs further information on QT lite.

Robert

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 13. 2017 11:11

Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I think we can close off this thread now! Basically, if you're having problems and QT is causing them, to paraphrase Clint Eastwood: "go ahead, make the change". If not, Nooooooo problems!

Neil, with all due respect, where is it stated QT is the problem? We are looking at various possible causes to the OP's import issue and we do not have all the information we asked for, specifically the version/build of PD, and a dxdiag, maybe the computer runs with rubber band technology. As for problems with QT, in order for a person to be victimized they have to open or download an infected file, so not everyone would be in that group, true, but there IS A SECURITY ISSUE, and you won't know you've crossed that bridge until your bank accounts are empty and your files are being held hostage.

PLEASE to Mdilema, let us know how you are faring, and provide additional info, if you wish, to get you up and running.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 13. 2017 11:42

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Install QT LITE... NOT regular QT... (as has been suggested)if you want to try to avoid security issues.

CS

Again, I say, I haven't had any problems with Quicktime! I've seen Apple throw a couple of prompts my way on occasions, and an update for Quicktime may have been among them, but I've just clicked "quit" and not bothered with them.

I don't see any point in uninstalling the regular version of Quicktime and going for the "unleaded" version(ha-ha), if I've not experienced problems with the regular version. Those "security issues" simply haven't shown up! I'll add this: Barry, Quicktime may be on my computer but I don't use it to play back any clips(unless they may be really old stuff I want to review, and that's a rare occasion). But I have other options to review old QT stuff anyway. So the QT icon(and the software it links to) can happily sit on my computer.... It's not causing any detrimental effects at all! If at any time it does, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it!

Gentlemen, a reminder, this is MDelima's thread about problems with MOV files. Let's stick to the topic in question and not take over the thread with a side issue

Let's wait and see if he/she needs further information on QT lite.

Robert

Fair enough, Robert!

The issue was about MOV. files. I think it might've been CS2014 who brought in the comments about Quicktime and security problems but while writing replies I can only review so far back to earlier posts that I don't think I can go back to the OP by Mdilema. Basically the best way around the MOV. file situation without getting bogged down in security issues with Quicktime is probably to use a file converter software. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I've seen references to "Handbrake". As I said, I don't have this software myself but other contributors have likely tried it and they seem to recommend it. So it seems that's the way to go.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
With sincere regrets to the poster mdilema, I can no longer suffer this thread, I'm out. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Members,

Just a gentle reminder - it's great to have an exchange of views and opinions, often it produces good results and innovative solutions - but we all tread a fine line on not straying off the topic and the need of the OP.

Let's have good natured debates but let's not lose sight of the main purpose/issue or question of the OP.

If necessary we should start a new thread to carry on the debate and not make it difficult for the OP and others to get to an answer.

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator.

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote With sincere regrets to the poster mdilema, I can no longer suffer this thread, I'm out.

I agree with Barry, this is, a blatant attempt to disrupt this thread with totally unnecessary posts.

I suggest that OP starts another thread, if he can forgive us for the unprofessional conduct on this one

Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Quote With sincere regrets to the poster mdilema, I can no longer suffer this thread, I'm out.

I agree with Barry, this is, a blatant attempt to disrupt this thread with totally unnecessary posts.

I suggest that OP starts another thread, if he can forgive us for the unprofessional conduct on this one

Robert

I'm backing out of this one as well! I've tried to help in as honest and sincere method as I can, and stay on-topic, but I think I've said enough.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
OK folks, I'll lock this thread and ask the OP to re-post if there are still unanswered issues.

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator.

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do