Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
360 Video Editing
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Frankster,

Where did you get all your information? I went to the Pinnacle web site and looked for 360 video. When I then went to the tutorial, it was the 360 Tutorial for the previous version (20). The manual had nothing or little to do with 360. Are you reading the sales releases again? wink

They have a 30 day warranty. Why don't you buy it and tell us about it? You can return it and get your money back.

From wet Houston !

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 28. 2017 12:21

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Frankster69 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 13, 2017 13:32 Messages: 68 Offline
[Post New]
I don't really want to make promotions for the Pinnacle software, but it can be easily found. Just goto their site, the current version is now 21, and among the features it is said:

New Formats for 360 Video

Edit your 360 video in your way and in the formats you can do with your camera. Pinnacle Studio Ultimate now supports all spherical 360 video formats, including rectangular format, fish eye and double fish eye. You only need to import your 360 ° video recordings and get started with editing.

and:

Edit video in 360 degrees

Give your video a surprising "turn" with the new controls for editing 360 ° video. You can edit and crop your 360 video and add titles for viewing on 360 video players or your VR headset - you can even convert 360 video to default video so your audience never misses those important moments.

So common (dual- )fisheye formats can be imported, and there is a hint to other editing improvements. They actually released a 20.5 version a few weeks ago to include dual/fisheye formats as soon as they had it. It is a rapidly in popularity rising format.

Now, knowing Cyberlink, I know they can do better. I've tried Pinnacle before and liked Cyberlink better. Also some 3rd party plugins I have (by Pixelan) don't work with Pinnacle. So I won't go to the trouble of buying,trying,reimburseing but for now just wait for Cyberlink.

Nothing to do with reading sales releases, just keeping up with the field

regards, Frank

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Aug 28. 2017 12:46