Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 15 still uses the Intel Integrated Graphics instead of NVIDIA
[Post New]
I am confused...

I thought that you worry about loosing Intel OpenCL.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 24. 2017 03:46

moisesmcardona [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Oct 23, 2012 11:48 Messages: 167 Offline
[Post New]
Yeah, I loose the OpenCL for other apps that are using it at the moment when I launch PowerDirector. After launching PowerDirector, I can then enable the Intel Graphics card so the other apps use it while PowerDirector uses the Nvidia card Main Machine: Jetway NF9G-QM77, Intel i7-3610QM, Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 3GB, 128gb SSD, Windows 10 Pro
Secondary Machine: Lenovo Y510p, Intel i7-4700MQ 2.4Ghz, 2x nVidia GT750M, 500GB SSHD, Windows 10 Education
visit http://moisescardona.video
Robert44 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 13, 2016 12:44 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Hey guys

I was actually trying to find solution for the PD15 activations as it is keep saying that could not connect to activation server and i should check my internet connection which is fine btw.

Anyway, I have Nvidia Geforce 960 card and now I am reading this thread and I am now not sure does PD14 (currently I am using) is using my Nvidia card or not and how can I check or switch it to use it.

Is there a simple answer to that ?
PKPowerDirector [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 09, 2017 02:46 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
I also have PD 15 and I think this explains why my Video Editing preview is lagging. Looking at Nvidia Control Panel, Cyberlink PD is assigned to 'integrated Graphics' and is completely grayed out. No way to change it.

How do I go about manually enabling PD to use Nvidia Graphics instead of integrated graphics? My system is Dell Inspiron 7000 Series.

THanks

-PK

Quote Yeah, I loose the OpenCL for other apps that are using it at the moment when I launch PowerDirector. After launching PowerDirector, I can then enable the Intel Graphics card so the other apps use it while PowerDirector uses the Nvidia card
Westcoast604 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 29, 2017 16:37 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I have a less than 1 year old laptop with dedicated Nvidia GTX970 and an integrated Intel HD 530.

I find it incredibly frustrating that this product does not work with Nvidia as advertised when I purchased it. Every other graphic intensive program I own.. and I have a lot .. easily switches to use the Nvidia card when graphic acceleration is of key importance.

Is it really Nvidia's fault or is PowerDirector coded incorrectly to make the switch happen?

Can someone form Cyberlink please answer why your software does not work with all modern day laptops with dual graphic card setups.

Thanks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 29. 2017 16:43

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have a less than 1 year old laptop with dedicated Nvidia GTX970 and an integrated Intel HD 530.

I find it incredibly frustrating that this product does not work with Nvidia as advertised when I purchased it. Every other graphic intensive program I own.. and I have a lot .. easily switches to use the Nvidia card when graphic acceleration is of key importance.

Is it really Nvidia's fault or is PowerDirector coded incorrectly to make the switch happen?

Can someone form Cyberlink please answer why your software does not work with all modern day laptops with dual graphic card setups.

Thanks.

Have you asked Cyberlink's Tech Support? They may be able to get to the software designers and get an answer for you. If they do, please share it with us. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Westcoast604 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Have you asked Cyberlink's Tech Support? They may be able to get to the software designers and get an answer for you. If they do, please share it with us.

Let me work on that
Westcoast604 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I have a less than 1 year old laptop with dedicated Nvidia GTX970 and an integrated Intel HD 530.

Thanks.

Have you asked Cyberlink's Tech Support? They may be able to get to the software designers and get an answer for you. If they do, please share it with us.

I sent a support request in on September 29th. 10 days ago. I am still waiting to hear back. I have checked the Nvidia forums and there are many people there also with this issue but no one seems to hear anything from Cyberlink or Nvidia. Seems like neither side is really interested in resolvoing this issue. Very frustrating.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 24. 2017 03:41

Westcoast604 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Thanks.

I sent a support request in on September 29th. 10 days ago. I am still waiting to hear back. I have checked the Nvidia forums and there are many people there also with this issue but no one seems to hear anything from Cyberlink or Nvidia. Seems like neither side is really interested in resolvoing this issue. Very frustrating.

I heard back form Cyberlink and they say that their software is fully compliant and that the issue is with Nvidia. I find this funny as Cyberlink used to bundle software with Nvidia graphics cards. The fact that they don't have a better working relationship and they are asking me the end user to resolve this with nvidia is a bit weird.

I have spent the last hour chatting with Nvidia, doing full clean installs etc and nothing works, so they have agreed to escalate this with the software development team and see if this goes anywhere. FIngers crossed. If it doesntI will switch software and try to get a refund. THey advertise NVIDIA compatability but they don't follow through on it!
Mr.X [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 14, 2014 08:52 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
So... did you have any luck with the nvidia guys? I'm in a similar predicament. PD14 wouldn't utilize the nvidia card. I upgraded to PD16 thinking that would solve the issue. Nope.

edit: 15 minutes later: applied the fix described here:
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/90/46836.page

Success!

Thanks.

I heard back form Cyberlink and they say that their software is fully compliant and that the issue is with Nvidia. I find this funny as Cyberlink used to bundle software with Nvidia graphics cards. The fact that they don't have a better working relationship and they are asking me the end user to resolve this with nvidia is a bit weird.

I have spent the last hour chatting with Nvidia, doing full clean installs etc and nothing works, so they have agreed to escalate this with the software development team and see if this goes anywhere. FIngers crossed. If it doesntI will switch software and try to get a refund. THey advertise NVIDIA compatability but they don't follow through on it!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 23. 2017 07:26