Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Moving Clips, Narrative and Text tracks Together on the Timeline Resolved
CS2014
Senior Contributor Location: USA-Eastern Time Zone Joined: Sep 16, 2014 16:44 Messages: 629 Offline
[Post New]
No... no ... no..... you didn't use up my time. I'm sorry I'm not more' expert' as there are so many in here that are. You 'got stuck' with the likes of me... a case of the 'blind leading the blind' perhaps?

I have been helped by some of the really smart and knowledgeable people in here and I try, in my feeble way, to help - when I think I may have a chance of resolving something simple. I tend to make mountains out of mole-hills though.. so.. lol

I'm sorry it took me so long to get you to THIS point!

I've enjoyed trying to help you - I just hope you can 'take off' with it and run - do what you wanted to originally do! Sometimes things in video editing, I am learning, - there's just no way around it - it's a DETAILED process! But if you persist, you get the hang of it!

IF THIS resolves your issue - you might consider going into the 'edit' up at the subject line and type in 'Resolved' in front of the subject - that way folks know that THIS issue had a solution - only if you are happy with the results though.

Selecting the gap and hitting 'delete' is a good one - just remember that THAT only deletes the gap on THAT particular track. And periodically 'save' your project so you don't lose an hours work - has saved me a few times.

Take care and happy editing!

CS

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Dec 03. 2015 16:48

PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray Drive
[Post New]
The easiest way to avoid moving clips you've already positioned in the timeline is of course to lock the clip. I see that PD has a way to lock the whole track so that no changes can be made to it, but does anyone know how to lock just a few clips on the a particular track without locking the whole track?

Am I just missing it, or is it not an available feature??
CS2014
Senior Contributor Location: USA-Eastern Time Zone Joined: Sep 16, 2014 16:44 Messages: 629 Offline
[Post New]
This thread is over a year old Kana's Lens - best to start a new thread asking what you want to resolve.

I am not aware of if you can or how to just select a few clips and do as you want to do. I have not tried this out.

CS PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray Drive
[Post New]
Quote This thread is over a year old Kana's Lens - best to start a new thread asking what you want to resolve.

I am not aware of if you can or how to just select a few clips and do as you want to do. I have not tried this out.

CS

Thanks for the heads up! I'm a new member and am just finding my way around yet. I will start a new thread about this. Although, I think I may have found a work around, in that I can group clips that are on different tracks on the timeline, allowing to then lock an alternative track that has the clip (that I want to lock) grouped to a track that I can lock.