Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Menu : Bah Humbug!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Jeff,

That's interesting to know. In the strictest sense it is not offered as an option. It seems strangely inconsistent that it is made selectable in Produce but not in Create Disc, especially since one presumes that the same codec is used.

I guess in the strictest sense it's offered as on option in "Produce" as a user selectable feature vs just being made selectable in Produce?

The hidden ability to use SVRT in "Create Disc" was shown here http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/20867.page#116989 and links contained therein and also a fairly detailed pdf showing results.

Jeff
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
Well, to clarify, I meant it's offered as an option in 'Produce' but you don't get any choice in 'Create Disc'. As mentioned earlier I've now gone down the route of pre-producing my video using H.264 and SVRT in the 'Produce' module so I guess, from what you've described, that as long as I select H.264 as the encoding in the 'Create Disc' module it then uses SVRT in the background to avoid re-encoding. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64