Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hang during Produce and Create
Jupiter1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 27, 2008 20:44 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd,
I am also am having the same issues as others here on the latest v7 build of 7.00.2227c. Instead of attempting to burn the project, I am now creating a file (in my case a 1080i MPEG2 from JVC Enviro mpg video). Breaking into smaller projects did not help and really is not viable for my creation anyway. PD is what converted teh TOD to MPG and I verified that the MPGs are fine in other editors as well. Audio was fone as well but even if you strip it out, the issue still is with the video

So...marek had made the suggestion of looking at what transitions may be at the point of the Visual C++ error by checking the uncompleted file. I believe they are on the right track as if you remove the transitions, the rendering seems to continue. Problem is that to make a visually nice video, we need transitions right? So I am stuck on where to go at this point. Oh...you asked what transitions...it seems like any transition will cause the error once you get the error popup. Specifically for me it was Fade and Box-in/out as well.

If you would like, I can upload my project to your FTP as I akready exported and tried it on multiple systems while testing and they all had the same issue at the same spots (I used a Vista x64 w/ 24MB ram, Vista 32 w/ 8GB ram and XP SP2 w/ 4GB Ram)

This is a Wedding video for my Mother-in-law's 2nd marriage so I will work with you so you can analyze this issue once and for all since it seems like it has been on the forums for quite a while and even before v6/7.

JML

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Dec 28. 2008 15:01

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jayson,

Thank you.

I have sent you a PM - great to have your participation in trying to resolve this issue.

Dafydd
NEIL [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 29, 2008 11:01 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I too have experienced problems with hanging during a burn to DVD or when saving to my hard drive. My movies are quite simple about 45 minutes long with straightforward transitions etc. It always seems to hang at between 70% and 96% of the save or burn. Its very frustrating as I now have about 6 movies that I can only view on my PC and cant share with my family and friends via DVD

As this is obviously a glitch within the programme, I dont understand why Cyberlink cant issue a fix or patch to remedy this problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Neil H
Jeff [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 19, 2008 12:40 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
SUCCESS! I got the latest build (2416) and it solved my hang problem.
NEIL [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have now successfully saved my project by breaking it down into three sections and re-importing etc. From there I was able to burn a disk.

I also have a larger project that I have already edited ready for rendering. The project is over an hour long and contains audio and the usual transitions etc.

Rather than break this into several smaller parts and throw all the audio additions out of sync, I would obviously like to burn it in one go.

How do I go about getting the latest build (2416) it might just save me a lot of time !

Thanks in anticipation
NEIL [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have just been on the Cyberlink download section and the latest build appears to be 2227c issued on 11/11/08.

Is this correct or is there a newer (2416) build as suggested by Jeff ?

Thanks again.
Jeff [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 19, 2008 12:40 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I got it direct from R&D through Dafydd. He may be able to provide as I am not sure that it is in distribution.
marek [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 25, 2008 04:08 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
hello everybody
I just have made a little test.
I took 2 hrs of video from my cam (156 files) in HD MP4 (16 GB of space). I put it in one folder with the shortest access I could do(C:\pdwork).
Then I placed it all in PD7 and produced into BD file (with some transitions, titles, music and images)
Everything went great - after 30 minutes PD7 made 22,5 GB BD file.
There was no hanging .
I think - to place every files from project into one folder with easy acces can help to resolve hanging problems.
Walker [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 19, 2008 18:57 Messages: 97 Offline
[Post New]
PD7 does crash and hang a lot in "produce" or "create disk". Someone needs to put some attention to that part of it's code.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 05. 2009 18:21

scooby
Member Location: Warwickshire Joined: Mar 16, 2009 03:32 Messages: 68 Offline
[Post New]
Hello. First post from a Newbie.

Vista Home premium. Intel Duo Core 2.2Ghz 2.00 GB RAM. Loads of disk space.

I took the trial copy of PD7 a couple of weeks ago. I liked it and so bought it on-line. I also purchased the "put it on another pc" option and also the program disk which arrived a couple of days ago.

And after searching for answers I think this topic comes closest to my problem but I apologise if I am hi-jacking it in-correctly.

I have edited hours of camcorder footage of an overseas tour and I want to give all fellow travellers a video of it that will run on their DVD players. I have whittled it down to about 4.6GB and for a first attempt I am just about happy with it. I have faded transitions, chapters, a few titles, but no music and no voice-overs. And no PiPs, haven't got around to investigating what they are yet.

But when I take the Produce>Burn option (I assume that this is the correct way to go) everything works O.K. until it gets to Updating Disk 99% and then the system hangs. I have to Cancel and then go to Task Manager to drop the whole program but although I do that the CD appears to be O.K. i.e I can play it O.K. I find that PD has a habit of hanging in specific places. I might be tempted to call it an unstable program. I don't want to because it's far better than any of the other garbage that I have tried, including the software supplied with the camcorder

I have tried a simple 3 minute clip without any extras and burned it to my hard disk and I get the Burning Successful message.

I did get into a bit of a tangle when I was buying the full program on-line and wonder if I have a corrupted file somewhere.

Question really is : Do I need to uninstall and then re-install (I assume that I shall need my "key" to do this) or is it a CD issue. I admit to using the same CD which is a DVD+RW every time I attempt to make the DVD.

Thanks in advance for any comments anyone cares to make.

David.
[Post New]
Quote:
But when I take the Produce>Burn option (I assume that this is the correct way to go)
David.

Hi David,
as you can tell from the posts PD can be a bit unstable in the burn module.
I always burn to folder (ie create a DVD on the hard drive) then burn it to a DVD using the burning software provided with your burner (or imageburn - freeware)
Just a work around not a solution sorry

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 22. 2009 17:23

scooby
Member Location: Warwickshire Joined: Mar 16, 2009 03:32 Messages: 68 Offline
[Post New]
Wow, that was a quick reply. Thanks very much. I've got a nasty feeling I've tried to burn my large video on to the hard drive and still got the same problem but will try again. Incidentally I know it depends on various factors but is there a yardstick for how long it takes to burn say 4.6GB onto a CD and a hard drive ? (I assume that the CD drive will be much slower)

David.