CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
saving multiple clips in a project to multiple files
Reply to this topic
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Unfortunately, the next/previous frame buttons only work with the originating position of the scrubber, and if you drag the selection marker and then click any button on the preview window the selection is cleared

optodata, Why would you want to press any button on the preview window if you intend to "render preview" or "produce range"

This method works perfectly well for me:

Use the scrubber to get to the approximate start, then the "previous frame" or "next frame" button to get to the exact point of start. Then, while watching the preview screen, drag the right hand range handle to the exact point of finish.

And then click "produce range" or whatever

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 10. 2019 08:30

Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
optodata
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 3859 Online
[Post New]
Quote: optodata, Why would you want to press any button on the preview window if you intend to "render preview" or "produce range"

I think we're misunderstanding each other. Your idea is to use the |< or >| controls to locate the scrubber before using the range selector, and what I was talking about was that you can't use those controls to set the range. That's all.

As I wrote after that, I think it's far easier to click on the clip itself (rather than on the time markers along the top) and let PD automatically place the scrubber at the start of the clip, and then you never even need to use those controls.

There's no right or wrong way to do any of this, and I know we're all trying to figure out the best way to help OP.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 10. 2019 08:31

youtube/optodata

DS365 | Win10 Pro | 8 Core/16T i9-9900K (4.8GHz) | RTX 2070 | 32GB RAM | 6TB SSDs

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | HF S200 (HD 30p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Just a little addition to moving the track slider on a single frame or multiple frame movement. Using Keyboard controls the "," will give single movement to the left if pressed once, held down and the track slider moves to the left/backwards continuously. The "." on one's keyboard will do the forward motion, singly or multiple if held down.
I prefer keyboard controls over using the mouse and Preview Player controls as I think they're easier to select and operate.

Just adding to the thread, I couldn't see the "," & "." options being mentioned, I haven't viewed optodata's video yet so maybe they have been.

Dafydd
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
"I think we're misunderstanding each other. Your idea is to use the |< or >| controls to locate the scrubber before using the range selector, and what I was talking about was that you can't use those controls to set the range. That's all.

As I wrote after that, I think it's far easier to click on the clip itself (rather than on the time markers along the top) and let PD automatically place the scrubber at the start of the clip, and then you never even need to use those controls.

There's no right or wrong way to do any of this, and I know we're all trying to figure out the best way to help OP"

optodata, Some days this isn't easy, Is it? But you are right though, there's no right or wrong way, it's the result that countslaughing

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 10. 2019 08:33

Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Esbjorn [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Oct 09, 2019 11:18 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry about reviving an old thread, but I was facing the same issue as in the original post and was helped some by the answers in here but there are some things I would like to clarify.

I chose to follow the FILE - BATCH PRODUCE... route.

• First save all clips you want in the same file as an individual .pds file under the name you want the final file to have. (In the case above it will be only one clip per individual .pds.)

• Repeat for all files out of the original large .pds.

• Open Batch Produce and import only one of the individual .pds files.

• Use the 'pen' (=Edit selected task's Profile Setting) to select file format. Change Output folder if you wish*.

• Import the rest of the individual .pds files.

Note - the output file format will stay the same as selected above.
    *Note - The Output folder will revert to the original Output folder for each of the individual .pds files (not the one you changed it to). So if you changed the folder for the first file you will have to do it manually for all the other files if you want them in the same place.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 10. 2019 08:32

Reply to this topic