Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
NO SUPPORT
Kevinv64 [Avatar]
Member Location: Upper Midwest Joined: Jun 28, 2012 05:41 Messages: 106 Offline
[Post New]
SoNic67, I think you misunderstood Dan. He was sympathizing with what you have tried to do on this thread.

Kevin
acg [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 04, 2011 20:47 Messages: 275 Offline
[Post New]
This will be my last word on the commercial use of output from Powerdirector.

I talked to Cyberlink and they did indicate hat I cannot produce anything from Cyberlink software and sell it.

If I had known/understood that (I guess I should have read the eula agreement closer) I would not have purchased the software.

Sony Vegas does not have that restriction so I am forced to change horses in mid stream. Thanks for all your help and support.

Alan
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
SoNic67,

Yes, Kevinv64 is absolutely correct! I was agreeing with you...it seemed to me that acg did not want to hear what you were saying, perhaps because it would prevent him from using PD13 commercially (which appears to be the case). I do sympathize with him, however, as these restrictions don't usually receive top billing in anybody's marketing campaign, nor is the legalese easy to digest. Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
acg [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 04, 2011 20:47 Messages: 275 Offline
[Post New]
It was not that I did not want to hear what you were saying - rather trying to apply my limited use of the product to see if it applied to Cyberlink's eula.

Don't understand Cyberlink having that kind of restriction, it seems a lot of people want to use the product in many ways - one like what I do. It seems it would limit their market.

Like me, to do what I want to do I have to leave Cyberlink for a product that does not have these unreasonable restrictions. So they lost a customer. I bet there are a lot more like me.

I basically was saying I did not think it applied to how I was using it. Obviously I was wrong.

Thanks,

Alan

[Post New]
I apologize to you Dan. I thought you are dismissing my post.
Kevinv64 [Avatar]
Member Location: Upper Midwest Joined: Jun 28, 2012 05:41 Messages: 106 Offline
[Post New]
As I recall from a past thread--and maybe my memory is not accurate--CyberLink used to tell people that commercial use was okay. It makes me wonder if they paid the licensing fees before and now they don't.
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
"I apologize to you Dan. I thought you are dismissing my post. "

No offense taken...after all, my wife is from Hampton! Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6