Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Install issue
REGIS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 08, 2010 21:23 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Carl. I had this idea too, but are reluctant to uninstall 12 ... PD12 works OK with the new Audio and Color programs.

I'm afraid that if I uninstall, I will have problems with re-installing PD12 if it wants a Windows Media Player too.

I'm waiting for a reply from Cyberlink support ... maybe they are on week-end. Following.
[Post New]
Cool tool. Direct link:
http://download.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/cs/CLCleaner/CLCleaner2-PowerDirector_12.0.exe

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 05. 2014 11:37

mle49 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 13, 2014 08:30 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I am having the same problem and will try the wm uninstall and install suggestion tonight
REGIS [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi mle49. I tried everything I could from suggestions here and from the Cyberlink support team. Excepte re-installing Windows (too much work because I want to keep all my settings, preferences and programs).
So, this week, I'll give remote control of my system to the engineers in Taiwan, with TeamViewer (a 12 hours time difference!). They will try to install PD13.
mle49 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 13, 2014 08:30 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
all comments are very much appreciated by everyone.

very helpful

the uninstall of WM player and reinstall try did work for me.

REGIS [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well. We found a solution tonight ... or today I don't know anymore. I did passed control of my computer (to Cyberlink engineers) through TeamViewer.
After some time, they found a solution to install PD13 on my system. It was a problem from a component in the install program that checks for Windows Media Player.
They said they will resolve it in a future update. The tech left a good install process on my PC in case.
Your milage can vary. But for the moment, Pd13 works well (and PD12 too), in French as in English. Thanks to all.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Well. We found a solution tonight ... or today I don't know anymore. I did passed control of my computer (to Cyberlink engineers) through TeamViewer.
After some time, they found a solution to install PD13 on my system. It was a problem from a component in the install program that checks for Windows Media Player.
They said they will resolve it in a future update. The tech left a good install process on my PC in case.
Your milage can vary. But for the moment, Pd13 works well (and PD12 too), in French as in English. Thanks to all.

NearlyNoob [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 04, 2014 01:00 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Same issue here; tried everything in this forum, plus K-lite, Microsoft's 'Fix It', and altering the registry (x86) back and forth. Support ticket ID CS001418281

For giggles, I tried installing the PD13 Ultra trial version. It gave me the same (slightly re-worded) error, but then continued with the install!! It runs just fine!

Problem now is that the Trial version can't be activated directly with a CD key; it must be uninstalled, then reinstall the retail version... the one that can't make it past "...media player component required..." uuuugh

Can anyone tell what registry key the setup.exe is looking for? Apparently it's bogus; I'd be happy to just type it in...!!
REGIS [Avatar]
[Post New]
Did you tried build 2307 ? If yes, without success, you should maybe ask for a remote session with a Cyberlink engineer.
I did like you and tried every trick I had in the bag ... i'm stubborn and wanted to find a solution by myself.
But I had to resort to the remote session! I coud have saved many hours and play hockey outdoors instead of being at my PC!
NearlyNoob [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 04, 2014 01:00 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Support gave me a link to a new download (bypassing the product CD altogether). It produced the same error, but like the trial version it installed completely and runs fine.

I'm happy to say I'm up-and-running... but still have no idea what happened. Anyone else with this issue, I'd recommend just contacting the support line...
Trần Nguyễn [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 07, 2015 01:29 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am using windows 8.1, windows media player 12.0.9, it still can install on my Pc )