Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Install issue
J. David [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 30, 2014 17:31 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I am unable to install. PD13 says I need Windows Media Player 9 or above. I run Windows 7 64 bit and Microsoft indicates that Windows Media Player is not compatible with 64 bit version. What are my options????

Thanks

Dave
[Post New]
You mean like this?

I have WMP 12 on my Windows 7 PC. I guess, we need to look in other direction...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 30. 2014 18:42

J. David [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes that is what I get. Actually I think I have WMP 12.0.7601.18150 on my system as well but PD13 won't install
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Something to try...

In Control Panel open PROGRAMS AND FEATURES. Then click on the "Turn Windows Features On and Off" link (top-left).

Click the + sign to the left of the "Media" folder and UNinstall Media Player by unchecking the box. Then bring up the dialog again and install it - by clicking the box.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 01. 2014 00:21

J. David [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks borgus1!!!!

That worked. Thanks for your help.

Dave
[Post New]
That worked for me too, thanks for the idea!
REGIS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 08, 2010 21:23 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Hi. I have the same problem: unable to install PowerDirector because of that message (in French for me and from AudioDirector too, but it works from a strange path: D:\Program Files (x86) (x86)). My Director Suite 2 works well (PD12, PhotoDirector and all). Part of my Director Suite 3 works (PhotoDirector6, ColorDirector3, AudioDirector3).
I tried your solution 5-7 times (a LONG long process), with and without re-booting, to no avail. What's the matter? I can't seem able to get help. Thanks.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi. I have the same problem: unable to install PowerDirector because of that message (in French for me and from AudioDirector too, but it works from a strange path: D:\Program Files (x86) (x86)). My Director Suite 2 works well (PD12, PhotoDirector and all). Part of my Director Suite 3 works (PhotoDirector6, ColorDirector3, AudioDirector3).
I tried your solution 5-7 times (a LONG long process), with and without re-booting, to no avail. What's the matter? I can't seem able to get help. Thanks.

Have you contacted Cyberlink Support?

French Support:
http://fr.cyberlink.com/support/index.html

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

REGIS [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the French support link ... but I did contact them in English! They made me redownload, only with IE, on a special server. They gave instructions to re-install.
No success though. Always the same message as described above by SoNic67.
I took 10 partial captures screens of the process (Irfanviwe is a jewel). I will resend another SOS to them a wait for their new help. I will keep you informed ... I'm surely not alone, no?
borgus1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
The install file/s...where are they when you click on them?

On the same drive as the operating system?? If not, do that.
REGIS [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks borgus1. My install files were on a L: drive; my system evidently is on C (an SSD) and my users are on D: (my progs too, except for Cyberlink and others that I want speed for).
So I tried your suggestion this morning: tried to install from C: and after that from D:.
PD13 always want some Windows Media Player component (though it is fully functional). My other Director suite 3 programs all work well.
I tried some suggestions from Cyberlink support too ... to no avail.
I keep the matter open and expect further "solutions". I'll keep you informed here if something works.
borgus1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Interesting. After installing from and onto C:/ try the UNcheck/check suggestion earlier re WMPlayer. Can't hurt.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks for the French support link ... but I did contact them in English! They made me redownload, only with IE, on a special server. They gave instructions to re-install.
No success though. Always the same message as described above by SoNic67.
I took 10 partial captures screens of the process (Irfanviwe is a jewel). I will resend another SOS to them a wait for their new help. I will keep you informed ... I'm surely not alone, no?

You are not alone.

There are occasionally reports of Powerdirector asking to install Windows Media Player when it is already installed.

I would guess it is a missing registry key that tells PD WMP is installed.
The few times I have heard of anybody solving that problem they reinstalled Windows.

I am one of the many people that has never had a problem installing or using Powerdirector.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

REGIS [Avatar]
[Post New]
borgus1 ... I did.
Carl312 ... happy for you. I didn't had problems with previoues versions too ... or with the other parts of Director suite 3. ut as we say here we wil find a solution : "J'ai une tête de cochon".
=))
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
"J'ai une tête de cochon" =

I'm stubborn (pig-headed). Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
REGIS [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes Sir. Virginian! Bonne traduction.
borgus1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: borgus1 ... I did.

And did it install?
REGIS [Avatar]
[Post New]
No ... always the same message wanting Windows Media Player that is already installed! I work with PD12 during this time, but would like to try PD13 that I paid for!
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: No ... always the same message wanting Windows Media Player that is already installed! I work with PD12 during this time, but would like to try PD13 that I paid for!

There is a Cyberlink cleaner tool that makes it possible to re-install Powerdirector. I have searched for the CL Cleaner Tool for Powerdirector 13, but cannot find one yet.

There is a reference to that tool, but no link.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/40308.page#207943

He is referring to the Cleaner tool for PowerDirector 12, I have found that tool.

http://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=16457&prodId=4&prodVerId=-1&CategoryId=-1&keyword=uninstalling

REGIS [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Carl. I had this idea too, but are reluctant to uninstall 12 ... PD12 works OK with the new Audio and Color programs.

I'm afraid that if I uninstall, I will have problems with re-installing PD12 if it wants a Windows Media Player too.

I'm waiting for a reply from Cyberlink support ... maybe they are on week-end. Following.