Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Pd-6 - Probably user error, but help needed
McLean1 [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jul 30, 2006 23:00 Messages: 336 Offline
[Post New]
Shem after you did the system restore did you uninstall and reinstall PD?

I am sorry you are still have issues.

Personally I would not upgrade at this point. I love PD don't get me wrong, but it might not solve your problem and so far PD7 has its own issues that are being worked out. It is an exciting product and will be stupendous when everything gets worked through BUT I would hate for you to upgrade and suffer more problems.

Can you confirm about that reinstall? Thanks.

Shem [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 18, 2008 21:23 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
McLean,

Yup, post restore I went through the uninstall/re-install process - no dice.

Thanks again for all your help.

-Shem

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Shem,

I'm glad you're in contact with Customer Support - keep on with that route, no matter what we give you on the forum, use both avenues to find a solution.

V McLean, thanks for the email.....I'm reading and thinking (sleeping)...

Shem:
Please install PD6 on a freinds PC to test out everything on a clean system that doesn't have PD on already. I want you to then capture from your Sony HD cam. report back.

I would like to know if the Sony HD cam is just being used for the first time?
I'd like a sample of the video caputured - a 3 second clip should be ample to test. Can you do that. I'd like V to test it as well (she's using PD6 on one of her PCs)

I'd like you to send me :
1. a video clip - 10mb maximum - unedited.
2. create a diagnostic file.
3. camera details please
4. pictures of the time-line(everything) and the UI (user interface - PD6)

Use these guides
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/2405.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
PART B, E and F

Images of less than 100kb can be posted here as attachments - maximum of 3 per posting - use this facility please.

Right, I'll PM you where to send... I want the clip less than 10mbs OK.

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 09. 2008 04:13

Shem [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 18, 2008 21:23 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Folks,

Figured since I finally got this issue resolved, I would let people know how just in case anybody was having similar issues.

What finally fixed the issue was updating the system video drivers to the latest release. I had tried to do this in the past, but apparently it had not worked. I have a Dell XPS - the issue is that they don't let the reference drivers (for example, in my case, drivers downloaded from ATI) update the OEM drivers that they supply - but they never update the OEM drivers, so you can never update the drivers!

There is a tool I found that you can run on the ATI download that will modify them so they will actually update the drivers on the dell.

The free tool can be found here - http://www.driverheaven.net/modtool.php . Worked for me. Once I ran the tool on the downloaded ATI package, it ran and actually updated the drivers. Previously it would run, but turns out it would fail to update the drivers with no error message.

I still don't know what happened to cause PD6 to break. I think that will remain a mystery . Probably one of the Vista updates, even though I did roll them back, maybe they did not roll back completely.

Thanks again for everybody's efforts and insights into the issue. Figured I owed people an update since the problem was resolved.

Cheers,
Shem

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 02. 2008 07:01

vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
5 stars for perseverance. Thanks for the info. I now recall a couple of years ago with another video package that a very similar loss of preview window occurred, I never got it resolved with their technical support, just gave up and moved on.

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you Shem, a very interesting bit of data. 5 stars awarded.

Thanks

Dafydd