Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cannot launch program
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Knarf:

I have been watching this thread with interest. Carl has certainly been giving you valuable advice. I note in your most recent post though that you have three anti-virus programs running, and that could be causing huge problems for your computer. I suggest you Google the SystemCare software. It seems to be listed as malware itself.

Running more than one a/v app will usually result in a very, very sluggish computer as the a/vprograms struggle with each other. Try uninstalling all but one of your a/v programs and I would recommend that System Care be one of the removed programs, based on what my Google search revealed.

Then uninstall your PD. Once that is uninstalled, and I hope that you have kept your installer files, then disable your remaining a/v app long enough to install the PD files. I suspect that your computer might be able to launch PD after that. Some a/v apps stop PD from installing correctly.

Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
Knarf [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 22, 2013 18:05 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Powerdirector does not start in safe mode. I open it, it says to install richvideo, after installation and the program opening it still shows the error message.

Avast is an anti virus program
Malwarebytes is a malware protection program
Advanced Systemcare Ultimate 6 is a system optimization/maintenance program, it has malware/virus scanning but those are done manually.

In other words they all do their own thing.
From what I have searched up, the much earlier versions had problems, have yet to see notice that this has malware.

I ended the processes of malwarebytes and systemcare (so they would not be active on my computer when installing) and disabled avast.

I uninstalled powerdirector by using Revo Uninstaller's deep scan (just incase there were some leftover files that kept causing it to not fully replace everything).

Then downloaded and installed it running as Admin. When opening Powerdirector this time I clicked Yes to allow Cyberlink to get data from my use of the program (all the other times I clicked no, figured to try all options in case one would fix the problem). Once clicking the option on the right the error message still appears.

I also clicked "run in sandbox" (avast option) on powerdirector, the outcome is still the same.

I right-clicked Properties of Powerdirector and activated compatibility mode for each of the options. The error message still appears.

My sister will be coming over soon and I can ask her to let me test installing Powerdirector on her computer (it is similar sort of to mine). If it does/doesn't work on hers could look at the similarities/differences to see whats making mine not work.

Thank you for all the help.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 27. 2013 10:54

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Did you perhaps install the program in a emulated mode? That will sometimes be the issue. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Given PD does not run in safe mode, it points perhaps to a deeper issue. Your Dxdiag indicates you have a Dell Latitude 630 but not which model.

The dell support website does list a bios update - 7/16/2013 A19 (which is where I would start) and there may be other system updates also available, but not specifically for Win 7 - it seems only to list up to Vista - so perhaps some investigating/system analysis might be advisable before proceeding with any BIOS update?

Folk have different views on BIOS updates but I'm generally in favour - having cured sundry strange problems with such an update.

Cheers
Adrian

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Knarf [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello,

I had quit trying because it looked like nothing worked, I have checked my sisters computer as I said I would.
My first time opening the program I got these 2 notices (see attachments). When opening PowerDirector 12 anytime after, it loads up normally. I have attached a dxdiag file in case.

I have not yet fully checked all the areas, but it looks like it works for this other computer.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
48 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
354 time(s)
 Filename
untitled2.bmp
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
3666 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
252 time(s)
 Filename
untitled.bmp
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
3658 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
247 time(s)
Knarf [Avatar]
[Post New]
When I go back and try to download/install it on my computer I get this (attachment).

I thought it might be that the trial would have ended, so I used different email/name when downloading, same result, that is as far as I can get.
[Thumb - Capture.PNG]
 Filename
Capture.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
167 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
342 time(s)
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: When I go back and try to download/install it on my computer I get this (attachment).

I thought it might be that the trial would have ended, so I used different email/name when downloading, same result, that is as far as I can get.

If it has been more than 30 days the Trial has expired.

If you ever got a part of Powerdirector 12 Trial installed on your computer, a key in the registry was set and the clock started counting.

You can install the Trial only once on a given computer.

Your only choice is to purchase a retail version or don't.

Cyberlink does offer a 30 day money back guarantee.
http://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=2317

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 14. 2013 20:53

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
When I run CyberLink PowerDirector 12.exe , It says cannot run the program because an important program component is missing.
 Filename
NIKHIL DxDiag.rar
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
9 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
197 time(s)
( R y P t 0 r
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: When I run CyberLink PowerDirector 12.exe , It says cannot run the program because an important program component is missing.

I do not know about a missing component, but I do know from you DXdiag.txt file your computer probably cannot run PowerDirector 12 Trial or retail.

You just do not have enough computer.
Besides your Video driver is almost 2 years old and you sound driver is a year old.

You do not have enough memory. Only 2GB is barely enough.
Your hard drive is poorly partitioned for running PowerDirector.

You need a minimum of space on the C drive:
5 GB required minimum (note: 400 MB is for Magic Music Library)
10 GB (20 GB recommended) for DVD production

That is just for standard definition video there is no hope for HD video.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Michael [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 12, 2015 22:17 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having the same issues. This is my crash report

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>

-<CrashInformation VERSION="2.5">

<ID Value="DB809429-5D04-4E93-8B2E-408BAED50E63"/>

<UUID Value="S-1-5-21-1106568196-2333800423-3159260654-1001-ED4CC1E6-56F5-4C4F-AE40-C8DC5DE4C4E3"/>

<SR Value="VDE141006-01"/>

<ProductName Value="PowerDirector"/>

<AppName Value="PDR12.exe"/>

<AppVersion Value="12.0.3403.0"/>

<VersionName Value="12.0"/>

<VersionType Value="Ultra"/>

<Is64BitOS Value="1"/>

<OSName Value="Windows 8.1 Build 9600"/>

<GDICount Value="665"/>

<VMSize Value="430 MB"/>

<VGAName Value="Intel(R) HD Graphics Family" DriverVersion="10.18.10.3574"/>

<CPUName Value="Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz"/>

<ModName Value="CAPLib.dll"/>

<ModVersion Value="4.0.0.1210"/>

<ExceptionCode Value="0xC0000417"/>

<Offset Value="0x0000000000039BB8"/>

<SendLogUrl Value="http://boomerang.cyberlink.com/prog/util/boomerang/sendlog.jsp"/>

<SessionTime Value="15"/>

<MTBF Value="15"/>

<AbnormalTermCount Value="0"/>

<AppLanguage Value="ENU"/>

</CrashInformation>
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Michael ,
Please start your own new topic for your new problem and not add your issue/question to a thread that is over a year old etc.
See forum guides.
Thread closed.
Dafydd