Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PDR11.exe Has stopped working - New install haven't even used it???
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
For me, I tested out whether it was needed by disabling the .exe services and just tried to use PD as is- no Magic cuts etc. I also do not use the other functions. I had no end of problems with PD not functioning as normal and giving errors. I restarted the services and PD functioned normally.

Probably the difference is that I disable the request for RV in PD, through the registry, so that the program itself does not call for it and runs accordingly, rather than calling for something that is stopped. My memory, such as it is these days, seems to recollect that it used to be a user choice in preferences at some stage.

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Ziggy,

Don't uninstall yet- in this case I prefer the method doing the least amount of work to get things running as they should.

Since Rich video is not showing up in your Task Manager then let's kickstart it and get it running to see the results.

Go to your Task Manager select the "Services" tab
Scroll down to RichVideo & RichVideo64
Verify one or both is listed as "Stopped" in the Status Column to the right

If they are then:
Left Click each one and then Right Click
Select "Start"

Look at the Status Column again - they both should now have the "Running" indicator

Now start your Power Director and see what happens.

Rob
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
Ziggy1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 27, 2013 18:26 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]

Hi Guys good news, I got it working.

I also had a support ticket in, but since they don't work on the weekend I did not hear a reply until today.

I would never have thought this was the reason.

I have display link installed, it is an Ipad App that lets you turn your Ipad into a additional monitor (pretty cool), well apparently they spotted the out of date driver as a potential culprit... I literally downloaded the new install and right after that the program works... I must tell you there was a tense 30 seconds while it was starting where I was just waiting for the crash message to pop up, and after that I was afraid to click on anything, but it seems stable.

quote from technical support.....

In ragards to your concern, I would like to inform you that we’ve learned that one of the possible causes is due to the compatibility with DisplayLink software and they already fixed in their v6.3 software release. If you have DisplayLink software installed, please update to v6.3 from the website and see if helps:

http://www.displaylink.com/support/downloads.php

Thanks Rob for suggesting I not take the Radical approach of uninstalling everything, and thanks to Carl/Adrian also for their support.. !!!!
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Awesome news- I would not even have thought about that at all.

Rob
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be