Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Timeline "video space" black....
Scott61 [Avatar]
Member Location: Wichita, KS Joined: Aug 20, 2011 04:43 Messages: 126 Offline
[Post New]
Here is a screen shot right after opening the .pds file. I kept trying to figure out why the sample library was displaying each time I opened it, but now realize that the message that was to pop up asking me what to do with the files may actually happened and I clicked on it, somehow causing the sample library to merge with the project.
I may have to see if carbonite has overwritten the file yet in the backup of my hard drive?
[Thumb - capture-20120713-095414.png]
 Filename
capture-20120713-095414.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
372 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
200 time(s)
Scott Wright
Wichita, KS
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Scott,
Thank you for the image.

Please follow what I (and the other editors in the thread) have suggested for you to resolve your issue.

You are seeing a black image used as a file replacement for moved media files.

Dafydd
Scott61 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd,
I didn't see your post just after where I answered stevek. I will try that link, and your instructions. Again, thanks so much for staying with this, and patience with me.
Scott Scott Wright
Wichita, KS
Scott61 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have tried the steps you recommended. When I click on the file in autosave area it opens pd10 and then asks me to "browse" the location for the video files. When I do this, following the path you spelled out... use\computer name\...etc. I find the folders, but nothing in them? Dafydd, if you happen to have GoToMeeting software, would you be willing to take a look at what's going on? This project is so extremely important I need to do all I can, or will start from scratch and get way behind on other work.
Thanks,
Scott scottwright61@cox.net Scott Wright
Wichita, KS
Scott61 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I feel I am close to resolving this.
I went to the autosaved files, found the project, clicked on it to open PD10. Then the window saying to browse for the specific file/files, which I did. The library loaded all the correct videos, but the timeline is still black where the video belongs.
Not sure what my next step should be. I did try to place the video in the timeline and overwrite it, but that didn't work.
Scott Scott Wright
Wichita, KS
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I have tried the steps you recommended. When I click on the file in autosave area it opens pd10 and then asks me to "browse" the location for the video files. When I do this, following the path you spelled out... use\computer name\...etc. I find the folders, but nothing in them? Dafydd, if you happen to have GoToMeeting software, would you be willing to take a look at what's going on? This project is so extremely important I need to do all I can, or will start from scratch and get way behind on other work.
Thanks,
Scott scottwright61@cox.net

I might have misunderstood you, but the dialog box that PD uses when it asks for a folder will not show any files, just folders. Ignore the text box where there's usually a file name. Jerry Schwartz
Scott61 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the response Jerry. When I click on the .pds file in where the project was auto saved too, it opens PD10 and then it is in the warning box that says something about file not found and gives the options to browse, ignore, or ignore all. Where it lists the file not/video file, I browsed for it, clicked on it and then opened it. Then in the warning box PD10 proceeds to open the project until it warns again of file not found. I repeated this process until the project was opened. Once opened I then end up with the project displayed, title screens, transitions, etc. but the video part is black.

Thanks,
Scott Scott Wright
Wichita, KS
Scott61 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Attached is another view of the editing section.
I had noticed on another .pds file that when I opened it, it was asking for pictures that are part of the sample library. So I found another file that was saved that just asked of the actual videos part of the original project.

Scott
[Thumb - capture-20120713-202442a.png]
 Filename
capture-20120713-202442a.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
469 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
137 time(s)
Scott Wright
Wichita, KS
The One [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 13, 2012 23:41 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I am very new to PD10 and my issues is similar. I have been creating an 18th birthday video learning all the tricks for the first time which has been great and saved it.

Was going to spend a few hours today but when I have opened it up all the photos are there but when I play the video in timeline some on the pictures appear and others are blank. I followed what i could of the above but could not view them.

I created a quick dummy one and the pictures etc where there. I have not changed any file names or locations and don't want to start again any help would be appreciated.

Paul
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I am very new to PD10 and my issues is similar. I have been creating an 18th birthday video learning all the tricks for the first time which has been great and saved it.

Was going to spend a few hours today but when I have opened it up all the photos are there but when I play the video in timeline some on the pictures appear and others are blank. I followed what i could of the above but could not view them.

I created a quick dummy one and the pictures etc where there. I have not changed any file names or locations and don't want to start again any help would be appreciated.

Paul

Make sure that you are not using any external drive for editing.

All of the videos you are editing should be on your internal drive.

If Powerdirector can not find the files when it first opens the PDS file, it asks to browse to find the files, that is an indication that the files are not where the PDS file says they are.

A good pratice is to create a folder to hold all of the files for your current project, when you are done with editing, pack the project and store on an external drive.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 14. 2012 10:24

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.