Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
thumbnails dissapeared in library
GREG1111 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 25, 2011 11:38 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
pardon my spelling errors, working off digital keypad......best of luck to you all.
rjsqxxx [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 25, 2010 08:01 Messages: 67 Offline
[Post New]
Michael,

This should give you EVERYTHING you need to know without doing this "discovery" of what I have on my PC which could take forever to figure out exactly what my "environment" looks like. If you must know, I tend to use MP3TAG to clean up MP3 files. I used other tools in the past. But so what? This doesn't even work with files I got off a MUSIC CDROM that have no changes at all.

Also, why in the world would powerdvd build the thumbnails for the videos and then stop showing them? Don't you think that sounds like a bug?

I can also tell you that powerdvd didn't even try to build thumbnails for MP3 files because I watched it closely with task manager and didn't see it run it's vtthum process againstt the MP3's.

Anyway, see the attached file which is output from "file tag sleuth"

You can easily download the same freeware tool from:

http://www.ulfwood.net/exif-viewer/filetagsleuth-download/

Then do a comparison with your working files. You can readily tell that there is embedded artwork in the file without actually having my copyrighted material.
 Filename
filetagsleuth.xml
[Disk]
 Description
File Tag Sleuth XML output
 Filesize
4 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
548 time(s)
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]

Michael you seem like a nice guy who does want to help, but continuing to ask for more info when problems are reproduced by several customers no longers seems reasonable to me either. I hope this will be fixed down the road. Until then I will use WMP for my photo DLNA server.

unfortunately the issue can not be reproduced on any of our platforms so far - for our RD it is non existent until we can reproduce it.
We just want to learn where the difference is and what causes this symptom to happen - I do not say that there is no issue, but I'am sure everybody agrees that RD needs to see the issue to investigate it.

BR
Michael

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 17. 2012 09:01

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
GREG1111 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Michael,

I will take a screen shot and send it to you personally if this is acceptable to you as the picture I will take will have some real thumbnails as well as the ones that are not working. Let me know if this is OK and I will get the shot of the "generic thubmnails" to you by this weekend.

Greg
rjsqxxx [Avatar]
[Post New]
Michael,

By the way, thumbnails do work just fine for my JPEG files. The weirdness is with videos and mp3's.

At first, I had thumbnails for "most" of my videos but I never seen thumbnails for the MP3's.

It's no big deal to me as I have other choices I can use. It would be nice to fix this sort of thing.

If you have a tag dumping tool that you prefer me to use, let me know. I'll get the info. for you as long as the tool is for "free".
rjsqxxx [Avatar]
[Post New]
Your analysis is correbct. It took weeks for cyberlink to even admit there were problems with the POWERDVD program finding the SERVER.

Greg,

I hear you. It does seem to take some time to get an answer. I will say this about cyberlink. I own other cyberlink products - namely, power director. It does have it's bugs but eventually they are fixed. So, I hopefully I am not coming across as unduly critical.

Truly, I don't mind providing data within reason. I realize that the vendor is in a tough spot when they can't recreate a problem. But I do not have time for "discovery processes" to try to uncover my exact environment. I can't even recall all the MP3 tools I may have used at one time on this PC.

Hopefully, the complete dump of MP3 tags will give Cyberlink the clues they need to figure why it doesn't show the album art when 3 other programs work just fine. For instance, they may have problems with ID3 V1 tags.
GREG1111 [Avatar]
[Post New]
RJS,

I don't think your being critical. I'm being a bit unrealistic and it's good to hear your not having problems with JPG. I know there was someone else who had my problem, but it is true that if you can't reproduce a problem it's hard to find a fix. I own several cyberlink products including powerdirector, youcam, powerdvd, and for several years.

I just feel like in this case they did not do a very good job in interation testing and especially with other programs (non-cyberlink) programs installed. When I upgraded from powerDVD11 I just ran into several basic issues being broken and it has left a bad taste in my mouth. If your not having problems with JPG then my guess is my orginal thought of these problems being related is wrong. The strange thing is, when I get these issues with JPG they do have a pattern. Wether it be PS3, I-PHONE, SAMSUNG PLAYER, etc., the newly added photo JPGs that start to break show the same pattern everywhere, so I know it is the server side. By adding more and more photos they get more corrupted (more numbers showing this "generic pattern", or nothing at all. When I try to look at the files they are fine. Only the thumbnail is corrupted. The weird thing is, as more and more restarts of the W7 operating system occur, the files progressivly get worse. I'm just ticked I haven't found a workaround and my frustration has been more with past issues than this one.

Basically I'm being unreasonable. I DO get the impression they want to fix the problems. Obviously some of the things when it was first released (like not being able to even play Blu-rays) had to have been working on their systems, so any of frustrations we might all feel, it seems to be me perhaps platform is more of an issue than overall bugs just withing the program itself. When I send Michael my photo my thumbnail issue if you would like I can send it to you as well. You seem to have a good understanding of an issue that might be related. I'm curious to your thoughts, and thanks for your reply.

Greg
GREG1111 [Avatar]
[Post New]
just a quick PS-

They all are fine in the Library within the program itself. It is only when using the DLNA sever I have problems. I have not integrated any MP3 in the system becuase I use Rhapsody for that.

Thanks.
rjsqxxx [Avatar]
[Post New]
Just to clarify the problem I am having. The thumbnails for video go missing in the local library. There are no thumbnails at all for MP3 files.

Now here's the strange one. When I access powerdvd via my Droid cell phone, I see thumbnails for the MP3 files just fine.

Greg, it sounds like your problem is specific to the DLNA server. Thus far, my only use of the DLNA server has been my cell phone. I don't believe I have been successful via my Samsung TV set. It does work with the windows media center DLNA server and the Samsung DLNA server. I dislike both servers and was hoping that powerdvd may one day do a better job.
Emmaling [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 05, 2017 05:22 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Files disappered is a terrible thing for everyone.
As for me, in order to avoid lossing iTunes library, I ususally backup my iTunes digital content to external hard drive or my other folders instead of iTunes library.
If you would like to do this, you might meet some obstacles to do this like me due to DRM technology. Fortunately, I can get DRM-free iTunes movies and TV shows with the help of DRmare M4V Converter. Now, I don't need to worry about the loss of iTunes videos.