Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 10, Just another let down video editing program.
andrew3202 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: indiana Joined: Sep 29, 2011 22:10 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
I will say, the contributors on the forum, and the support when properly followed has been very good. I had an issue, and despite being a well experienced Windows user, I had overlooked a later video driver than I had installed. Providing the diag files pointed me in the right direction. I do think my upgrade from V9PD to V10, (both 64bit), was more of a bug fix than feature upgrade. PD9 would appear to lock and freeze when moving around in the video... PD10 is not behaving in the same way as PD9, I wish I had waited 30 days, and it would have saved me $50.00

My System is an Intel WX58P Workstation Board, I7 960 Core Processor, 8GB ECC ram, A raid 1 Boot 500GB boot disk, and three independent 1TB disks. (WRITE CACHE ENABLED

Many W7 speeds tips are applied, many default services are disabled, all in an attempt to make this thing be a better than average NLE box. Move Swap files, disable search, no networking services, FSUTIL options, Diskperf N, disable...

My next edition will be a Iomega external NAS and plan to use ISCSI and Jumbo Frames and a Dual NIC add-in card for SPEED..

I do not run any Anti-Virus Software at all... All Web Surfing for fun is done in a Virtual Machine using Virtual Box..

I've recently done a few Soccer Club video, and intemixing music, videos, and slide shows, and the results are they want me to do it all again. opps.... Volunteer work..

Wolfgang 1
Newbie Location: Austria/Vienna Joined: May 30, 2010 06:19 Messages: 49 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
I Have one of Panasonic's top of the line 3d tv's and Sony 3d video camera I have pinnacle studio and Vegas pro which serve my nicely. My only beef is I'm still waiting on the Ideal 3d editing program to come along and Power Director is soooo close to being it.
I have a lot of wonderful 3d video just waiting to be edited. I can view it through my camera and anyone who see's it on my 3d tv are amazed. I can make side by side and put it on a 25gb blu-ray and it's okay, but I want the full 1080p.

Well, in the actual PD10 version there is a bugs with the 3D authoring as you know - but that is a confirmed but what means that Cyberlink is working on that. I do now know when we will see a patch, and hope that it will not take too long.

To my opinion, you should be aware that the tools you can to edit 3D are focusing to different needs. For example, while your Vegas Pro is more for a professional approach and much more expensive, the PD10 is more for the homevideo fan and simply makes a lot of fun. I for my part like the combination, and there are a lot of people working on combined workflows to bring the strength of both tools together. For example, I like the better editing capabilities of Vegas, but I like the better authoring capabilities of PD10 for 3D.

The other point: if you wish to go für 1080 24p on Blu Ray, you have a strong conversion issue - you will not like the movie if movement is in if you simply render 1080 60i to 1080 24p. There is no good way to convert the 1080 60i footage of your TD10 to 1080 24p. That is not a limitation of the PD10, but it is a limitaton of th exisitng 3D Blu Ray formats and the fact that this conversion is not great at all. So I would test more 720 60p, at least that is available in PD10 for 3D authoring. Kind regards,
Wolfgang