Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD Ultra 8 (& 7) won't play the Star Wars blu-rays (UK)
DomDomBear [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 13, 2011 16:46 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
I have installed the trail version, and it works to a point, I get the normal blackscreen with white writting giving me some warning, then a image of R2-D2 and then it says 'prohibited' in the top right corner

any ideas?
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,
we will provide a fix for PowerDVD 10 and 11 to address this issue.

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
DomDomBear [Avatar]
[Post New]
What about power dvd 7 ultra?
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
don't think that there will be a fix for PDVD 7.3

Werde Facebook Fan
DomDomBear [Avatar]
[Post New]
So how am I to watch some of my blu rays?
[Post New]
Hi,
please contact the support team - if already done - please provide me your ID you recevied for your case

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
paperpete [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 15, 2011 11:05 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I can confirm Star Wars blu-ray discs also don't work on my latest version of PowerDVD 9 Ultra, fully updated (and paid for at considerable expense!), with a blu-ray drive fully firmware-updated.

CyberLink can't possibly force users to buy again just because they don't have version 10 or 11! They must provide a fix! When will this be done?
RockO2 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 21, 2010 07:44 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Just been trying too get it into the heads of the support team that it has nothink to do with my computer or Player Beacuse they keep giveing me crap information on how try to fix it, my Card Motherborad and so on. i been tellling them that other customers have the same problems but noooooooo!!.. just GIVE US A PATCH UP DATE PLEASE.
RockO2 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for writing back.

Please send me the following information for further analysis:

1). Updated DxDiag.txt log file.

DxDiag.txt: You can use the steps that follow to create this file:

a. Start --> All Programs --> Accessories -->Run (Windows Vista).

b. Type in DxDiag and press Enter or click OK, this will open the DirectX diagnostic tool.

c. Click on the Save All Information Button (save this file to your windows desktop and name it DxDiag.txt).

2). CollectUserInfo.cab : Steps to generate "CollectUserInfo.cab":

Note: Make sure you logged in as an "Administrator".

a. Download the tool and double click CLCollectUserInfo.zip (given below) to unzip files. The winzip will create the folder name, CLCollectUserInfo.

Tool Download:

http://download.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/trial/pdvd/tool/CLCollectUserInfo.zip

b. Select the folder, CLCollectUserInfo, and double click "CollectUserInfo.exe"

c. Click on "Collect" button.

d. Once the process finish, click the "Cancel "button to close the program.

e. Send "CollectUserInfo.cab" to me. (The CollectUserInfo.cab will be stored on "CLCollectUserInfo" folder)

3). Blu-Ray titles (with region code) that you are trying to play.

4). AV Receiver make and model number.

5). Manufacturer of the graphics card and sound card.

6). Results of the BD/3D advisor which you can download from the link below:

http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/bd-support/diagnosis.do

After getting the above information I will be glad to assist you with the issue you are facing.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/support-login.jsp

Thanks and Regards,

Amit
CyberLink Technical Support

That wanted they said to me
DomDomBear [Avatar]
[Post New]
That is what was said to me also, from the same guy
RockO2 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hello,
we will provide a fix for PowerDVD 10 and 11 to address this issue.

Br
Michael

Will you also provide a fix for Power 9,8,7 as well ?
Cekim1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 11, 2011 04:11 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I guess it's good that others are raising this issue and it'll cause Cyberlink will do the right thing and provide a fix.

I've also been in touch with support through a support ticket (on 2011/09/12) and "Aryan" ask the same questions as has been asked of others. I've supplied everything asked for (on 2011/09/13) but have yet to receive a reply.

I also don't see why there should not be a fix supplied for both version 7 and 8. I've paid for both pieces of software so that I can play films on all blu-ray discs, not selected ones.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 16. 2011 02:23

RockO2 [Avatar]
[Post New]
agree
DomDomBear [Avatar]
[Post New]
I totaly agree, you pay all the money out for a blu ray player, that is ment to play blu rays, then they go........."oh yeah, by the way, you'll have to buy another one to play that blu ray" it is just wrong. And also sound be agasit the Trade Descriptions Act of 1968 (If you live in the UK)
RockO2 [Avatar]
[Post New]
agasit the Trade Descriptions Act of 1968 (If you live in the UK) I agree with that post.. If they do not Fix it then they should give us a free powerDVD 10.. Beacuse say if a nother film came out on Blu-ray then they are going to have the same problems over again.
stevebow [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 16, 2011 06:40 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Just to confirm I have the same problem with PowerDVD 9, and using the current AnyDVD to strip out the protection allowed PowerDVD to play the disks fine.
DomDomBear [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yeah, if they don't give us a patch, they'll have to give us a newer program, or it is just bad on thier part, like I said, 'here is a blu ray player, which won't play them all'

in reply to the AnyDVD thing, that is all well and good, but why should I pay for another progam just to make my orgainl program do what it is built to do. I know there is a 21 trail period, but after the 21 days what then

it is just silly,

They need to make a patch, or give us a newer program, and hurry up, I want to watch my FILMS!
Cekim1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 11, 2011 04:11 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
They need to make a patch, or give us a newer program, and hurry up, I want to watch my FILMS!

You would think that anyone who produces software/firmware to play blu-ray discs would have advanced knowledge of upcoming releases (i.e. the Star Wars blu-rays) way before the consumers actually get their hands on them so any changes that may be required to play them are made well in advance so that when the consumers do get the new releases, they can be played without a problem.

I've had my Star Wars set for a week now and can't play them

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 16. 2011 14:00

DomDomBear [Avatar]
[Post New]
I know how you feel, it is really lapse on thier part.

I'm thinking of just going all out and buying a PS3 with all the blu ray crap you can get on it.......

It will proably quicker and more hassle free then these.

they arn't replying to my support questions now

really miffing me off
Andreas [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 25, 2011 13:46 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Same here, but in PowerDVD ver. 10. Why is blu-ray so full of problems???
millerz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 11, 2011 05:07 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
OK so I've tried that anydvd trial and can confirm that it solves the problem. Blu rays run perfectly so it's definitely a software issue which need to be resolved.

They've said they will be releasing a fix for powerdvd 10 & 11 but what about those of us using older versions? Are we basically being told that we'll need to pay for another version of the software to get these films working?