Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
some songs are missing in the produced video
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
While Looking forward to lern how Carl managed to make perfect WMV sound files.

On the question of the bit rate I used for the Audio files.

I used the sample still images for video and put the Smart Sound file in the music track.

I then Produced using the Windows Media Video 9 for Zune Standard Quality profile (WMV). A low quality video, but I did not care about the video, all I wanted was the audio.

Not always successful, when it was successful, I then Extracted the Audio (WAV).
The WAV was then converted to wma using Cyberlink Media Espresso.

The profile in Media Espresso was a Media player wma profile which produced a 192 Kbps bit rate and Sampling rate 48.0 KHz. You can look with MediaInfo to see the media information.

I chose to convert the audio rather that risk failing again trying to make a WMA.

There is a serious fault with the Smart Sound and PD9. For some songs it is a real hit or miss deal.

Still I can't attach any files - To illustrate - Should I upload on Picasa or Photoshop - None of you have given feedback if you can see the files there using the links - or not.

I looked at the images you posted at Picasa webalbum, I saw them just fine.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 02. 2011 23:42

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,

just to follow up on the problem "attachment upload" from my end here:

I use Firefox, but an "old" version. I'm still on 3.6 - and I believe Ff is up on 6 now.
Anyway, what I have noticed a few times is this:
If I'm writing a longer post directly in the window, and, maybe using time to think as well : ,
then there have been problems not only with attachment-upload, but also with pre-view.

I have now the habit of using MSWord to write longer posts, copy+paste.
Give it a try?

skål,
Nina

Anja; jeg forstår selvfølgelig dansk!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 03. 2011 03:03

Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
Anja the Dane
Contributor Location: Denmark (North of Copenhagen) Joined: Mar 03, 2011 15:02 Messages: 347 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Thanks to all of you!

Carl, It's a very nice instructive describtion of how to make usefull sound tracks from SmartSound. Thanks!

Nina, you might be right about spending long time writing a post directly in the window.
Thoug I have tried to write in Notepad and then copy+paste + attach - didn't help.

I use Internet Explorer 9, normaly the 64bit version.

Nice know my screen cuts can be seen if I upload to Picasa and insert the link in this fora.

I Also tried to insert the picture, like Tony, using image-tags as shown in PDtoots videoes.
This didn't work for me - all I got at the preview was a small square with a red X.
As you can see earlier.

When I started this issue I also told I wondered:
Why is it that WMV files produced in PD9 are suitable to display in Windows Media Player?
Some images are purple or get color blobs whwn played in Windows Media Player.

Please see the attachment in the start of this topic.

I belived that WMV especially is the format for Windows Media Player, but maybee....
The thing is that nearly everyone have Windows Media Player installed on their pc so it would bee really nice not to hae to tell then to install an other player,

Cheers, anja

PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Anja!

Using PD9 with the latest patch, I just produced your music arrangement to
1. an .m2ts file
2 a .wma file

... and the audio is present in both produced files!

Though it's not necessary, because it's probably working for you too, I've attached the .wma file as you set out here http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/18779.page#97588

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
Anja_Music.wma
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
5495 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
351 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Anja the Dane
Contributor Location: Denmark (North of Copenhagen) Joined: Mar 03, 2011 15:02 Messages: 347 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tony, Granddad to a beautiful boy - congratulations again.

Reading your input, and the release notes that tell this build primarily are for 32bit (I run 64bit), I htought ...
at least I have Carls solution about converting the SS to WAV and then to WMA- it's useful but I have to convert every time I want to change the lenght of the sound track.
but ok ofcause I update.

After install of build 3305 I rendered one of the old projects that caused this problem.
Result = all Magic Music tracks were rendered OK.

And as a side benefit, there are fewer passages where the image becomes becomes pixelated and purple when the movie plays in Windows Media Player.

Why don't we or how do I get a notification when there is a new update?

Thanks and cheers,
Anja PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Anja -

Thanks for the congratulations. That's kind of you.

That's great that the 3305 build is allowing you to render those Core Foundations tracks properly.

The only way I get updates is by occasionally checking here http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_US.html & watching out for excited forum members, eager to see what adventures the latest patch will bring!

If you click on then Upgrade, there's an Update tab, but I've never used it. I am not aware of automatic notifications.

SmartSound, on the other hand, automatically checks for updates each time you open it.

Yes - there were some 32-bit issues with SmartSound resolved with this patch. Obviously - we 64-bit users got a fix too!

I only use the pre-production method Carl was talking about when the normal procedure doesn't work! With 3305, it seems to be doing what it should.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!