Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
HEEELLLLLLPPPPPP!!!!!! I cannot burn a DVD in the create disc phase!!!!!! I'VE WORKED SO HARD!!!!!!
bobbygr100@hotmail.com [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 04, 2011 10:12 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
AHH Fredb grasshopper,

I run anydvd to blow off the drm. I have copied vob files this way before. What's so special about this error in these VOB files? Shall we try for two out of three?

Bob
[Post New]
Note to all grasshoppers, this is how it must be done

1) Form your VOB chain on the timeline - make sure it is a movie not a clip

2) PRODUCE your .mpg file - use menus or not, this is a normal produce of the VOB chain above

3) Exit PD9 - do NOT save as a project.

4) Open PD9

5) Put the mpg file on the timeline - now it will only be ONE file, not a chain.

6) Skip directly to burn.

7) Burn your movie with no problems

Exit PD9, again do NOT save as a project

EDITED. DATA REMOVED.

PD9 should have processed the mpg file that was produced as output from the produce stage and input to the burn stage, but something is horribly broken in the code when it comes to using VOB files.

DRM had NOTHING to do with this. I don't know where you saw that in DXDIAG, but I would take a DXDIAG refresher course for coming to that conclusion

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 11. 2011 04:21

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I suggest also that you take your vobs, and render(Produce) them to an MPEG2, then use THAT file for your project, as vobs can cause PD to be finicky.
HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
Quote: ------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 2/17/2010, 23:50:03
Machine name: DELLXPS
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.091208-2036)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Dimension XPS Gen 3
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A02
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.46GHz
Memory: 2046MB RAM

Quote: ------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 8/10/2011, 20:44:38
Machine name: BOB-MACHV
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110408-1631)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: BIOS Date: 04/26/10 15:16:48 Ver: 08.00.15
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU X 980 @ 3.33GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
Memory: 12288MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 12280MB RAM

AHH Fredb grasshopper,
I run anydvd to blow off the drm. I have copied vob files this way before. What's so special about this error in these VOB files? Shall we try for two out of three?

You are but a flea on the stomach of the grasshoppers that we are.

I will include the dxdiag in this post, however I do not think it will be helpful.....I don't know where you saw that in DXDIAG, but I would take a DXDIAG refresher course for coming to that conclusion
OK, just hold your computer up to the screen...that way we will see it! Right? Gosh..why didn't they suggest that in "reading DXDIAGs 101"?? I must have slept through that class.

Had you provided correct information originally instead of resisting our requests for information and SCREAMING, we could have gotten rid of (I mean HEEELLLLLPPPPPED!!!) you long ago. Your attention to detail only seems to be sharply in focus when you are describing your own accomplishments!

Aren't you the same person who two lines ago was asking :
How do I burn my project to a DVD folder? I don't know how to do that.

My goodness, you learned quickly!! I am very happy you "discovered", (all by yourself, I might add...and who is that BarryTheCrab to take your credit), the solution to a problem that YOU caused.

I bought the movie fuel for my sister....The menu VOB was totally messed up (scratched) .....I pulled the 4 vobs off that comprised the movie. I put them on the timeline

I am sure the providers of the copy protection are totally unaware of the AnyDVD driver, and your trick of copying the VOBs to an NLE (you sly devil..again a unique solution that only YOU have tried) and don't make adjustments...so let's not tell them, ok? We will blame PD9 for the hiccups.

Anyway..I really am happy you have a solution..may it be many years before you have need to ask for help again.

DISCLAMER: None of the opinions expressed here (in this post) are those of CL or it's affiliates..FB is an independent person who sometimes tires of whiners (but really ENJOYS helping those who truly want help)!! Danggit!! There goes another star!!! But I still like PD9!!!

Filename
background_noise.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
236 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
329 time(s)

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Aug 11. 2011 10:31

[Post New]
Sorry Freddy,

I worked with this for almost 3 days and figured out a solution. I never wrote anything to a folder. Never. I just picked up the mpg created in the produce stage and regurgitated it again on the timeline as ONE mpeg instead of 4 VOBS.

Nobody told me to do that, I thought it through. You see Freddy, I have brain cancer. So any achievement of that magnitude makes me feel like something other than s**t. I once was a computer programmer for a fortune 500 company - in charge of the operating system for the mainframe - called OS/390 at the time, now called Z/OS (unless they changed the name again)

At it's heart it will always be known as MVS because of the incredible support for legacy COBOL, FORTRAN, RPG and BAL language support. I once wrote programs over 10,000 lines of code. YOu wouldn't understand what happens when you get real sick like me. Friends are gone. Even a lot of family disappears. People don't want to deal with that "negative cancer guy in their nice, protected lives". I remind people they are dying and they don't want to be reminded of it.

So, if I come up with a solution, Freddy, that I worked out over 3 days (when I was well, I would have had it working in under 10 minutes) - I still feel a sense of accomplishment and usefulness (for my sister). I have the right to to remind myself and people I still can think and reason. I'm not in the dirt yet.

So, Fred, if you cannot understand that, I'm sorry. I just hope to see Christmas this year with my then 16 year old daughter. I told everybody in my family today I figured out how to get my sister's movie working. Everyone congratulated me because they know, as a man, I need that feeling of worth.

I only wish you could have known me in my prime. In the top 5% of mainframe systems programmers in this country.

I earned 6 figures. During Y2k I got offers from New York based companies for over 250 grand per year to jump ship and work for them.

I signed an agreement I would not leave my company for a huge bonus check.

Now, I sit in my mother's finished basement. My daughter comes down to see me sometimes. She has a life going on, so I don't expect her to hang out talking with me all the time. My wife left (and took everything I owned) when she realized the only future she had with me was going through a death march with me. We were married 12 years and had no marital problems until the cancer.

I was so angry about that too, but I cannot change my health. In a couple months I will be in one of those cancer wings enjoying the fellowship with other dying people.

I hope you never have to face any of this, Freddy. Give me a break for figuring out what was wrong. That was very special to me and at least told me, my brain is still worth two sh**s.

Bob
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I am very sorry for what you are going through, really, but there was no way for us to know of your illness, and I think if you read it through again, you'll see you are being a bit unfair to strangers who jumped in to help you. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
djmorgan
Senior Member Location: Gold Coast, Queensland, Oz. Joined: Mar 09, 2007 07:07 Messages: 233 Offline
[Post New]
This is so wrong at many levels, you have NO right to try to make us feel bad for helping you! had you explained in your first post your disability (if real) then a different approach may have occurred, although I don't see how! as you at the outset were not clear and avoided supplying detail as requested.

Clearly we wish well with your future, if you have manufactured an event to make us feel bad then I am sure we wish you Karma to go with that too!

David Windows 7 X64 SP1
ASUS P6X58D Premium LGA1366 X58
Intel core I7 950 3.80 GHZ CPU
12Gb Corsair TR3X3G1600C8D Tri channel
Corsair H70 Water cooling
Corsair HX1000W PSU
nVidia GTX 980
Intel 240Gb SSD 520 Series
2 x Seagate 1 Tb
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
As the moderator here, I have a balancing act to perform. not to take sides, not to be influenced and not be afraid to intervene.

This thread has run it's course. Further assistance by members here or elsewhere would likely lead to additional confrontation.

Post locked.

Moderator.