Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
HELP!!! Why does my PD9 Keep crashing!!! A Black Box Appears...
bestbass42
Member Location: Wolverhampton,England. Joined: Apr 01, 2011 10:22 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,

can you possibly upload as attachment a (the) screenshot
of "the black box" ?

Good illustration on YT!

Thank you! I Have uploaded screenshot although not sure it'll be big enough for you to read. I Will type down everything in the box & put it in a post later.
[Thumb - Snapshot 1 (02-04-2011 11-18).png]
 Filename
Snapshot 1 (02-04-2011 11-18).png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
68 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
275 time(s)
Cyberlink PowerDirector12 Ultra 64bit.

Alienware 18, 4th Gen intel Core i7, Windows 8.1

Apple iMac G5, 9 Years old & slow as a snail!!!

Sony HDR-CX360VE

Sony Cyber-Shot DSCW200.

Nikon D750.

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX FQ360.
bestbass42
Member Location: Wolverhampton,England. Joined: Apr 01, 2011 10:22 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: WednesfieldGirlsFC01, didn't i read somewhere in one of your previous posts that Windows Movie maker was also crashing on your computer. The reason I ask usually a black dos box like you have shown is usually created by a windows problem not a PD problem.

Yes,what happens on WLMM is sometimes all of a sudden it'll freeze & say 'Windows Live Movie Maker Is Not Responding' & then i'tll either crash or i'll have to manualy close it down as its froze & start again.This does seem to be a WLMM problem judgeing by the amount of people who have gone on the Windows website complaining about this same problem.

I Also have Roxio Pro 2010 & have had no problems with that. Cyberlink PowerDirector12 Ultra 64bit.

Sony HDR-CX360VE

Sony Cyber-Shot DSCW200.

Nikon D750.

1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

(first; may we please leave general discussions about PD9 out of this thread?)

The "black box" is signed PowerDirector.
Yes, it's hard to read, but PD is trying to initialize a "lib.....dll" which is already initialized.
"This will degrade the perfomance, you can ignore the problem and force the program..."
"For more information, please contact Intel Premier Support *)"

*)I am uncertain if this is in fact what it says.

I hope one or two of the real tech-guys can surface in a while and give you an
explanation of what this means, and not only state that your pc is underpowered
for PD9.
I do suspect, though, as Bubba said yesterday, that your graphic card / memorycapacity
are too small to handle what you wish to do.
Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
kmp_duplicate_lib_ok true

There is a LOT of information on that I just found. It appears to be a rather easy fix, but unfortunately right now I have to head out the door and take a motorcycle down to Baker Calif. will be gone all day.

One of the search threads just had you changing a system setting.

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Hey Bubba- have a fine ride!!!

I did a search, and yes, there's things to be found.

"OMP abort: Initializing libguide40.lib, but found libguide.lib already initialized. This may cause performance degradation and correctness issues. Set environment variable KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK=TRUE to ignore this problem and force the program to continue anyway.

I then tried "right-click on the desktop icon: My computer.

choose: Advanced, then Environment Variables, then New

enter as name: KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK, enter as value: TRUE

exit with OK "

It seems to have been a conflickting audio-thing for some, and this procedure fixed it for some people.

Can someone else do a search and see if this makes any sense?

Just something.
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
This was posted earlier but there seems to have been no answer posted?

This is posted as a fix for CS3 but only in XP and Vista
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/403/kb403633.html

This is a quote from another forum -
"Any application that uses libguide as a plugin to Adobe tools, faced this issue, it is an Adobe bug that I believe they have since fixed (it was in their Flash encoder alone.) If you installed Flash encoder second, you would be blaming it (which would be correct.) We have complained to Intel and Adobe, and those to squabbled for bit amoungst themselves on how to fix the problem. Again we have no control over ther either player actions (Adobe or Intel.) That said, you no longer have the issue, that registry patch is the fix, it enables different versions of the libraries to coexist, I have no idea way Intel didn't default to that behavior. We have done everything else correctly.

P.S. If item 3) happened, there was a file lock, meaning one of you applications was still using the CFHD importer (the only component still using libguide.) Restart, delete all instances of im-CFHD_File_Import.prm from the Program Files/adobe folders. The libguide.dll upgrade is a red herring."

I've never experienced it, but may be make a system restore point and then try the fix??

Cheers
Adrian
1Nina
[Post New]
Adrian, hi-
glad you're here.

Your post concerns adobe, but this is PD giving the
message.
Guess then, we'll have to ask what adobe programs
are on this computer?

Well, I just now posted the above.

Just something.
bestbass42
[Post New]
Quote: This was posted earlier but there seems to have been no answer posted?

This is posted as a fix for CS3 but only in XP and Vista
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/403/kb403633.html

This is a quote from another forum -
"Any application that uses libguide as a plugin to Adobe tools, faced this issue, it is an Adobe bug that I believe they have since fixed (it was in their Flash encoder alone.) If you installed Flash encoder second, you would be blaming it (which would be correct.) We have complained to Intel and Adobe, and those to squabbled for bit amoungst themselves on how to fix the problem. Again we have no control over ther either player actions (Adobe or Intel.) That said, you no longer have the issue, that registry patch is the fix, it enables different versions of the libraries to coexist, I have no idea way Intel didn't default to that behavior. We have done everything else correctly.

P.S. If item 3) happened, there was a file lock, meaning one of you applications was still using the CFHD importer (the only component still using libguide.) Restart, delete all instances of im-CFHD_File_Import.prm from the Program Files/adobe folders. The libguide.dll upgrade is a red herring."

I've never experienced it, but may be make a system restore point and then try the fix??

Cheers
Adrian
______

A Big THANK YOU to everyone who has tried to help me with this problem,especialy 1Nina for the constant updates.

However it seems that vn800rider (Adrian) has come up with the solution!!!-as i have followed the link in his post & now i'm able to access the 'POWER TOOLS' tab with ''NO BLACK BOX''!!!! Hurayyyyy!!! I Have also clicked on the 'Magic Movie Wizard' & followed it all the way through to completion,again with 'NO BLACK BOX'.

So it seems that this was actually an ADOBE problem & NOT Power Director 9. My PC is running Windows 7 but on the link i followed the instructions for XP as theres no 7 instructions. Anyway,it all seems to be working ok at the moment-fingers crossed! So thanks to everyone again for all your time & effort & to Adrian for coming up with the solution-cheers Ade!!!

My next question is.....HOW DO I ADD MUSIC FROM MY ITUNES ONTO THE VIDEO I'M MAKING????????????????

Thanks again,
Richie.____________
Cyberlink PowerDirector12 Ultra 64bit.

Sony HDR-CX360VE

Sony Cyber-Shot DSCW200.

Nikon D750.

1Nina
[Post New]
YEAH!!

I'm happy to know that you can use your PD now!
Adrian? Yes, he's the guy for special occations!

So now, you can start your learning-curve.
Check out the links given you for tutorials earlier in your thread here.

See ya!

best regards,
Nina
Just something.
bestbass42
[Post New]
Quote: YEAH!!

I'm happy to know that you can use your PD now!
Adrian? Yes, he's the guy for special occations!

So now, you can start your learning-curve.
Check out the links given you for tutorials earlier in your thread here.

See ya!

best regards,
Nina

Yes i will,thank you!!! But please keep a look out for more Threads/Posts from me now ive got the bug!!! Cyberlink PowerDirector12 Ultra 64bit.

Sony HDR-CX360VE

Sony Cyber-Shot DSCW200.

Nikon D750.

Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,

(first; may we please leave general discussions about PD9 out of this thread?)

When did you become the moderator? My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Told ya it was an easy fix...... __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
1Nina
[Post New]
Robert2S;

When did you become the moderator?

Thank you for your (revealing) reply.
I did expect a post from you going in this direction.
Your post gives information which is good to have in mind for the future.

Just something.
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Well Nina you have already been told by Dafydd (the moderator) he is the one who moderates this forum, not you. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ritchie

"My next question is.....HOW DO I ADD MUSIC FROM MY ITUNES ONTO THE VIDEO I'M MAKING????????????????
"

Depending on the file type PD doesn't recognise the music from iTunes.

As for adding music try the link below to PDToots on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/user/PDtoots#p/u/0/j-yAFqf3ILA

Happy editing Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

bestbass42
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Ritchie

"My next question is.....HOW DO I ADD MUSIC FROM MY ITUNES ONTO THE VIDEO I'M MAKING????????????????
"

Depending on the file type PD doesn't recognise the music from iTunes.

As for adding music try the link below to PDToots on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/user/PDtoots#p/u/0/j-yAFqf3ILA

Happy editing

Hello; Thanks for your help. Ive since managed to work the music question out! However ive been messing around with my PD9 today & im sure i'll be back with a few more questions soon!!!
Thanks again. Cyberlink PowerDirector12 Ultra 64bit.

Sony HDR-CX360VE

Sony Cyber-Shot DSCW200.

Nikon D750.

All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Paul,

I use two other video editors besides PD9. Another user on this forum also uses Vegas in addition to PD9. I suggest that you should have checked out their forums before your purchase. You will be surprised at the problems ALL video editing software runs into. And the learning curve is quite different on most. Good luck. Win 10, i7
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
A recent addition to this thread was removed.

No name posts are remove. Please edit your Profile before posting again.

Forum Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 17. 2011 10:55