Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD9 stop answer/halt/stall
Matt [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 28, 2011 07:59 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd,

Thanks - rather than giving my personal details on the forum, the ticket number should direct them to the relevant points (I have sent Alice a separate mail). Ticket number is CS001000024.

Regarding removal of her email address from the forum, I understand your mail, however all customers do have the right to escalate to senior management where they have not received the appropriate level of service. It is not really appropriate to restrict free information like that. I worked out Alice's email based on the company web address and a bit of logic. Not rocket science. Nor have I illegally or otherwise unlawfully obtained and distributed confidential information. So I am curious about the restriction to fair speech.

If the company does not provide a basic level of support to it's clientele via the 'support' services it offers, customers have the legal right to take appropriate escalation action.

Appreciate that you will take the matter to other parts of the company, but I do wonder why it takes that much just to get a simple answer. Alice (and the appropriate media/industry bodies) are entitled to know. It's the only way it seems Cyberlink customers will get a fair hearing about their problems. Ignorance does not make them go away.

That's my small rant done, but I feel it has a valid point.

Thanks.
Anja the Dane
Contributor Location: Denmark (North of Copenhagen) Joined: Mar 03, 2011 15:02 Messages: 347 Offline
[Post New]
Matt,
Glad you're gone forward it to the top.
You are absolutely right that Alice's email is public information, whats the problem?
regards, Anja PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
Matt [Avatar]
[Post New]
The problem is the complete lack of response from Cyberlink about the problems encountered. Dafydd kindly forwarded my details to them and they actually responded (finally) with something useful (see below).

Unfortunately, my post was removed containing Alice's email. Apparently these forums are excluded from free speech. I included it (validly) so that customers could take up the issue where it matters. If she gets too many emails, well, perhaps it's time to take action and improve the way they treat customers. After all, 'customer' is número uno on their list of core values...

The response tech support came back with is below:

Dear Matt,

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

I understand that you are using PowerDirector 9 software which is crashing while launching.

Please download the latest patch from the given link and then try to launch it:

http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_US.html

Please visit the link given below to get the list of system requirements to run it and if it satisfies that then try to run it else update the system:

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector/requirements_en_US.html

Regarding your concern, if issue persists, I would suggest you to log in as an 'Administrator' and follow the below steps to resolve your issue:

(1) In order to avoid most of the compatibility issues, please close all other software and utility applications including virus scans, screen saver and instant messaging software when you use PowerDirector.

(2) Update your VGA card driver from the web site of card manufacturer. Also change the display resolution(1024*76 and color depth(32bit).

(3) Please update DirectX to latest version.

(4) Then try the following way to re-install PowerDirector:

a.) Uninstall PowerDirector from ADD/Remove program and then reinstall it. Reboot your PC.

b.) Reinstall PowerDirector

(5.) Please ensure that VGA, sound and capture has latest WDM driver.

(6.) Increase Virtual memory :

1. Right click on "MyComputer"
2. Select Properties -> Advance
3. Click on "settings" under Performance.
4. Select "Advance"
5. Click on "change" under Virtual memory.
6. Select "Custom" and enter initial value as "1.5X(where X= Your actual Ram size)" and Max value as "3X(where X= Your actual Ram size)".

NOTE: If your existing settings are higher than recommended then leave them as before.

(7.) Restart the system for the change to take effect.

Note: If you are trying to use the software from network or trying to install it over network then I regret to infrom you that it can not be done. You must install it on your local drive and then access it.

If you have followed all the steps and installed it on your local PC and issue still persists, please Start Windows in Selective Startup mode.

1. Click on 'Start'.
2. Click on 'Run'.
3. Type 'msconfig' and click on 'OK'.
4. A System Configuration Utility window will come up.
5. On the General tab, select 'Selective Startup'.
6. Uncheck 'Load Startup Items'.
7. Click on 'Apply'.
8. Click on 'OK' and close the window.
9. It will ask you to restart your computer. Click on 'Restart'.
10. Now try to launch the software.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:
>>

http://www.CyberLink.com/english/cs/support/form/index.jsp <<

Thanks and Regards,

Tanmay
CyberLink Technical Support
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
HI,
1. I asked for the information via a PM not posted on the forum.
2. Alice's company email address is not for you to publicise/post on public forums.
3. "Thanks - rather than giving my personal details on the forum," cuts both ways.
4. If you use the forum to voice a complaint then I may direct you to PM me (or to go to online support). I'll ensure the right members of CyberLink staff see the correspondence. I have no intention of becoming a vehicle for passing on multiple moans and groans (rants). I'll offer one time write up and then leave it to you and CL to sort out.
5. The primary route of complaints is: https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do

Thanks
Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 01. 2011 05:50

Matt [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Dafydd. How do I send you a PM though? Don't have those details...

Re: point 3, no, it doesn't cut both ways at all. I did not provide anyone with a flawed product. Users would have no need for my personal contact details to resolve their issues.
Matt [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry - just saw the PM button..
Anja the Dane
Contributor Location: Denmark (North of Copenhagen) Joined: Mar 03, 2011 15:02 Messages: 347 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Matt,
thanks for copying your Tec answer to this post!
I used the links and found out there were new updates at ADM today and installed them (only a week since I pdated drivers last time) - didn't solve problems.

also saw that in system requirements
Supported GPGPU graphics card ADM:
Radeon HD2600 and above
Radeon HD4600 series
Radeon HD5600 series
Radeon HD6800 series
are mentioned but a have HD 5750 = 5700 series which is not mentioned - but I can't believe that this causes the halt situation when higher numbers are supported?

cheers, Anja
PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
Matt [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have the hd5500 which isn't listed but still seems to work...
Anja the Dane
[Post New]
ya, but uou still have the halt/don't answer problem? PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
Matt [Avatar]
[Post New]
Not since the update process I noted earlier in this forum...
Matt [Avatar]
[Post New]
Still very unstable though. Pc appears to struggle badly though when it really shouldn't...
Anja the Dane
[Post New]
ok Matt,
my pc don't seem to struggle at all - just run nicely until suddently 'not answering' - must mention my pc should be quite powerfull - bought it just six month ago and the main issue was it should be able to do video eiting..... haven't heard of PowerDirector the time.

As I said ealier - it might be because we boght PD9 to early - the first versions normaly causes troubles.
Never the less PD9 has a lot of features I'm looking forward to try.

Just hope the bugs will be fixed soon and I'll get a serious responce from Tec. Support soon as well.

cheers, Anja PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
Matt [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd, I tried to send you a pm but it just takes me to my profile screen. Can you pls advise?
Matt [Avatar]
[Post New]
Seems the problem has returned for no apparent reason. DivX ran a new update, as did HP, and now powerdirector freezes again with no error message or other fault warning...
Anja the Dane
[Post New]
Hi Matt and all who participated,
think you should know today I got answer from Tec Support, saying:
Quote BEGIN
... This issue is under consideration with the R&D team and a bug has been created for this issue.
As soon as I get any update regarding this issue, I will get back to you.
... Quote END

Though again it was exatly the same answer to all my issues I'm pleased they have recognized and accepted my problems and will look to fix them - hope it will be soon.

Therefore to me the issue is closed - just wating for updates.

Finally, I want to thank all of you for your commitment and good advices.

Cheers,
Anja

PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
Matt [Avatar]
[Post New]
Anja, bit confused by your error - is it a 'Windows has stopped responding' error? Do you get an error code with it? Wording of the error is important. If you type in the error message exactly as written into Google, 9 times out of ten you can find a bulletin board somewhere with an explanation of the error. Solutions are often proposed. The Cyberlink team, in one of their blanket 'send to all and sundry' responses, advised setting the PC's virtual memory to a min value of 1.5 x your PC's total RAM, and a max of 3 x your PC's total RAM. For me, that meant setting it to 12,000mb min value and 24,000mb max value. After the problem of freezing reoccurred, I downloaded DirectX SDK pack, updated sound card drivers, uninstalled ALL Cyberlink programs using the Windows Software uninstall function in Control Panel, and then reinstalled Cyberlink from scratch, ran a disk clean-up, installed the latest patch (2702) and then rebooted the machine. Amazingly, it works again now...

I reckon your problem will come down to one small or corrupt program. You could try uninstalling ALL video and photo programs on your PC and then reinstalling them from scratch to see if one of those is causing a conflict of sorts?

I also used DriverMax to scan all drivers and confirm which were up to date and which were not. Make sure you have checked your start up programs using msconfig in the Run program in Accessories. Get rid of any but the most essential start-ups (stuff like Google toolbar notifier, Adobe PDF, MS Messenger) can all go. If using Norton Antivirus, uninstall it completely and use Avast! and Defender. These are more effective and less intrusive virus protection programs.
Matt [Avatar]
[Post New]
Also, for Windows 7, you need DirectX 11...
Anja the Dane
[Post New]
Matt, it isn't a 'Windows has stopped responding' error - it is 'PD is nor answering'.
If you have followed this post from beginning you will notice I've done: updating all drivers, reinatallation of PD e.t.c.

I do have DirctX 11, don't use Norton, only have and run few programs: Ms Office, CyberLink programs, ACDSee, AdobeReader og what follows with Win7. Also got rid of many start-ups.

So, as said before, I will wait for Tec Sup to get back to me.

' PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Anja, I see you consider your thread closed, so
I guess it's not a good idea to but in.
It's just that you say you have ACDSee.
A couple of years ago I had that program. It messed up
my computer seriously, and I got rid of it.

Nina

Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
Anja the Dane
[Post New]
Matt, nice you mentioned.
Others also mentioned programs influence especially image programs, but forgot to tell that I've also tyed to uninstall ACD and then run PD with same PD filure result.
Also must tell you I've had ACD for many years in several versions (both ordinary and Pro) and installed at several pc's with the for the time beeing win-version during the years - and never expirence any troubles at all.
Never have the program failed, at my pc at least, and never I'd expirenced it cauced problems with the for the time beeing windows version and never expireced programs conflicts with ACD - may bee I've just been lucky - luck you can not hedge against!
Though, my husband have had some troubles with the ACDSee database but this dosn't causes function problems - only tells 'db has to ... something!' or something like that. I'm sure it wil solve his problem restoring - but I hav't got the time yet because just close the message box and the program works as it shall with all its functions.
Cheers,
Anja PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
aboi [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 03, 2011 13:54 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
PD9 is total hopeless for me. I can never finish a project without freezing hundred times. I contacted support (Piyush) and she/he guided me with the same un-solving procedure about 4 times. Finally I said "Let's forget trying to fix this issue'" as they could not fix for more than 6 months since the day I bought. What is the use of boasting on the website as first 64 bit editor??

Hopeless program.

Aboi