Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I hope some one can help real quick - NO Sound
Virginiann [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 20, 2010 21:50 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
I'm so sorry you guys are taking offense to this. I really don't mean to be a pain. Honestly, I totally understand this is a forum and you are under no obligation to help. I do appreciate you help honestly I do. But I have been asking that question for days now and I can't get the answer. I don't mean to be rude or a hard case. Please be nice to me, I'm just frustrated. I just wanted to know if there was a setting that turns that feature off and instead of just saying yes or no I get a million questions and I have to do all sorts of stuff before anyone will say no there is no such feature and we think it could be this or that. But before we know for sure could you do this? It's all in the wording....if I was on the phone with you the conversation would have taken a much different turn. I'm honestly a nice person.

I have a meeting right now and I can not do anything else with this at this time. I'm even 7 mins late as I am taking the time to apologize.

I will pick this back up tomorrow or whenever someone can continue to help.

Thank you Fred for your time. I just need to get to my meeting.

Virginia Running Windows Home Premium
Intel Dual Core P8600 2.40 GHz
4 Gig Ram DDR2
NVIDIA Graphics Card G Force 9600 GT
Graphics Driver: nvd3dum.dll 8.15.11.8640
Power Director 9.0 2702
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Virginiann,

I'm not going to try to explain why PD9 does not work on your PC (it is a totally new software from PD. In my experience PD9 is simply not as stable as PD8 was - it is still in the de-bugging stage. I personally prefer PD8 to PD9 because it is far more stable. I have two PC and use both versions. PD9 (if you scan this forum it will confirm it) does have certain issues with sound and video files. There are no answers to all of the problems mentioned in PD9.

Unfortunately your issue is difficult to simulate without a great deal more of your time (and ours).

If you were comfortable with using PD8 then we can suggest that you request a refund from where you purchased your copy. Win 10, i7
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
I have noticed one thing that no one has mentioned about Power Director 9.

Virginiann you need to understand that is not PD8, it is an entirely new program that includes both 32 and 64 bit instructions. It is the most driver dependent PD as far as current drivers is concerned. Thats all drivers, OS, audio, video. Your old drivers may still be working in PD 7 or 8. They ain't gonna cut it for PD9. we have proven this since the beta testing.

The 64 bit version has issues that the 32 bit version does not have. Dvix for example. Not available for 64 bit.

All we can do to help is to try to figure out what your are trying to do that is giving you problems, but we need to know a lot more information that you think we need to. We ask questions because that's what it takes. I wish we had a crystal ball, I don't recall that even Capn Kevin has one, and he is an expert on PD. As well as a dozen others.

We are not here to argue with you, we try to listen to you, but you need to listen as well. None of us work for Cyberlink. e do this because:
1. It's fun?
2. Maybe we can help out someone else with a issue like we had and resolved.
3. If it is a "new" issue, we will try to duplicate you issue, thats why we need to know exactly what you were doing at the time of issue.
4. And a lot of other question/dialogs that helps us troubleshoot you problem.

I would be surprised that your issue is just a "settings" problem. I even had to update my quicktime drivers, (I was only ONE update behind) this week on mine due to a rendering problem with a mov file.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 19. 2011 01:37

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
Virginiann [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have updated the audio by going to the Sony site and updating there. Although it still shows in the DxDiag that it is the 2009 version. I don't know what else to do. I have done everything that has been asked. I made a little video explaining what all I have done and included a clip from my camera where the audio disappears when drug to the storyline.

I really do appreciate all your help. I think we are off on a better foot today.

Virginia
[Thumb - dxdiag2.JPG]
 Filename
dxdiag2.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
snapshot
 Filesize
95 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
198 time(s)
 Filename
Produce.avi
[Disk]
 Description
Video explaining the issue
 Filesize
556495 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
88 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag2.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Text file
 Filesize
34 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
366 time(s)
Running Windows Home Premium
4 Gig Ram DDR2
Power Director 9.0 2702
[Post New]
Virginiann;

1. That 550MEG file you attached will slow down the forum...and I doubt that anyone has the time to download it (must have taken you some time to upload it, but I suggest you edit your post and delete it). What is required is a 5-10 second clip NATIVE to your camera (un-produced), to see the camera files and format.

2. Updating your video drivers is not hard. Click the following link (save the file to your D: or K: drive as your C: drive still won't have enough space). Then install the new drivers. Some here say this driver update doesn't help, but I am fond of reminding them that in Sept of 2009, little was the same as it is today with video!!! Here is the link:

EDITED - NVIDIA does not have an updated driver for this laptop at this time.

3. The link I posted was to a SONY BIOS update that dealt with memory use and Video for your laptop. I have seen reports here that BIOS and chipset updates often help resolve PD9 program problems.

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-download.pl?C...id=5196&mdl=VGNAW230J&os_id=43

4. I STILL do not know if you are running PD9 version 9.0.0.2702...you should be, before continuing.

This all sounds like a codec or Quicktime issue to me. I am afraid I can not spend additional time on this, and there are others here who are much more familiar with the "MOV and sound loss" issue. Hopefully they will find this post and help you.

Fred B

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Mar 20. 2011 01:09

[Post New]
OK, I went and did some laundry and let the video download. You appear to only be running 2330a (see attached image clipped from your video)...gosh we could have really used that verification earlier... you know..when we kept asking if you had installed the latest patch?? OK, let's try this a final time, ignoring all the time we have all wasted here!

Please, update to the latest Cyberlink patch (2702) by clicking this link:
http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_US.html.

EDITED to remove NVIDIA link..Video driver updates for this laptop are ONLY available from SONY

Then reboot, create a new project, add a .mov file from your camera and retest.

If that still doesn't correct the problem (I believe that it WILL), hopefully the Moderator here will have some further advice for you. However, be aware that the first thing he will ask for is a 5-10 second clip from your camera...just be prepared...

[Thumb - Untitled-1.jpg]
 Filename
Untitled-1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Your VERSION of PD9 is OUTDATED!!!!
 Filesize
65 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
207 time(s)

This message was edited 8 times. Last update was at Mar 20. 2011 01:08

Virginiann [Avatar]
[Post New]
When I click on the nvidia link you sent me it takes me to a page where I have to choose which nvidia product I have and I do not know which it is. My choices are: GForce/ION/Quatro/NVS/3DVision/nForce/tesla/legacy

Thank you
V.

P.S. I got the patch installed

4 Gig Ram DDR2
Power Director 9.0 2702
[Post New]
Sorry...I spoke to NVIDIA and that notebook (VGN-AW230J) is NOT supported by their current driver updates. SONY has old drivers, but that is all that is supported.

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at Mar 20. 2011 01:15

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Virginiann,
OK, I've done my best to read through all the thread and downloaded the data except that 500mb file.
Quick refresh on the situation:
You should now have patch 2702 (edited oops - thanks Fred) install on your computer - correct?
You have indicated you have no audio from the tracks but do have audio from the media library, correct?
You've downloaded and installed the latest QT player - correct?
Have you installed a free codec pack, FFDshow is one I use and if you use a search engine you'll find it?

The standard reply from CL support would be to uninstall/re-install PD9 - this would clear the decks and hopefully any missing files are reintroduced. Do it please.

PD9 works on our systems - we have to work out what's different on yours.

Online support is:https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do

Thanks
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 21. 2011 14:00

[Post New]
Dafydd;
This is the third time I have seen you reference patch level 2704, however, I only see 2702 on the update page...is this correct???
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm just going senile...

and i need a keyboard that has numbers and letters on...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 20. 2011 13:15

Virginiann [Avatar]
[Post New]
Okay I also wanted to add that I made sure I had the latest QT installed so I ran the repair just to be sure. I also installed the ffdshow even though I have no idea how to use it or what it is. I think it is used to covert my .mov to maybe an mpeg of some sort or AVI or something else.

I don't have the list of what else you suggested in front of me. I am going to try and see what happens when I import a video from my iphone. I'll let ya'll know how that works. I know I can do a capture and that video works just fine. It's just weird when I drag the video to the storyline to work on it and add stuff the audio is gone. I can hear and watch the video just fine in the workspace. Just disappears when I drag it to the story line. I'm fine with all of it as long as the capture works.

Thank you all for your help.
Virginia

In an earlier issue with the CD key someone helped me with that and now I have it working again with the patch.

I just imported a video from my iphone also a .mov and it worked just fine so I guess the problem lies within my camera? Weird, very weird. Any ideas?

Okay again, I was fooling around with it some more and I got it to work with some troubleshooting with my husband. Using the same file I started a new project imported the same .mov file. Drug it to my storyline and it worked! I closed it, opened a new project imported the same file and the second time it did not work. It is definitely an issue with Cyberlink. I thought it must be the camera. But no, since it worked once with the file from the camera/memory stick that ruled out that thought. So once again, it is back to troubleshooting with you Cyberlink experts.

Thank you again for your help.
Virginia

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 26. 2011 22:51

4 Gig Ram DDR2
Power Director 9.0 2702
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Virginia,

If you could shoot about 10 seconds of footage with this camera (and verify this 10 seconds .mov video file also gives you audio problems in your PD9), and then attach it to your next post, then members here (who have a multitude of various computer systems), could download that file and see if it also loses audio on their PD9.
This would help narrow down the issue. Especially if all who test, also have audio issues with your file.

If some don’t have audio issues with your 10 seconds file, then we can compare systems of those who do have audio issues, and those who don’t. Thus perhaps locating just what the common factor is that causes some setups to have the audio issue, and others not.

This might prove useful in narrowing in on, or locating the cause of the problem.

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
Virginiann [Avatar]
[Post New]
Here is a ten second video. I hope this helps thank you!

Virginia
 Filename
102_2786.MOV
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
19422 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
236 time(s)
4 Gig Ram DDR2
Power Director 9.0 2702
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: It is definitely an issue with Cyberlink. I thought it must be the camera. But no, since it worked once with the file from the camera/memory stick that ruled out that thought. So once again, it is back to troubleshooting with you Cyberlink experts.

Virginia

Do you know that you should never work off a memory stick. Always transfer your videos to an internal hard drive before you use it with PowerDirector. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
Virginiann [Avatar]
[Post New]
Correct I always transfer to my hard drive before I do any actual work. I just tried it every way I could think of.

V.

P.S. I uploaded the file from my memory card to here. When I said it came from the memory stick I meant I took the video with my camera, then took the memory stick out of the camera and transfered it to my hard drive then imported it in the Cyberlink program.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 27. 2011 21:48

4 Gig Ram DDR2
Power Director 9.0 2702
[Post New]
Virginiann;
I downloaded the file and created a new project. I played the clip from the library (no problem), then I placed it in the timeline and played it (no problem). I did notice that it was 1280x720 at 30.23 fps.

The waveform didn't show in the timeline even though it should have, but the MOV file played fine.

I produced it to a MPG file and the sound was still there.

Not sure where this leaves you...but maybe my description of the results of the test will help someone else find a solution for you.

See image attached!
[Thumb - mov_sound_test.jpg]
 Filename
mov_sound_test.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Surprise..I bet you didn't think she would point the camera at you!!!
 Filesize
132 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
211 time(s)
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Virginia,

I too downloaded your test clip, and tested it in my PD9 on a 32bit XP Pro desktop system.

I placed your clip in my timelines 3 times - created 6 or 7 Splits - used the Trim Room as well - added 6 or 7 different Transitions between the Splits - Unlinked Objects, and moved 2 of the audio tracks from of the 2 clips, to another track on the timelines.
And then Produced it all to a WMV video file. I then shut down and re-opened PD, and did the whole procedure all over again.

Throughout the testing, the clip worked flawlessly. So it doesn’t appear that there is anything about the clip that PD9 doesn’t like, as it was indeed fully compatible with my PD9.

Just a thought. Recently there was thread where it turned out that conflicting software was the cause of an audio problem.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/16163.page
Though a different type of audio issue, it "might" apply to your situation as well.

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
McLean1 [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jul 30, 2006 23:00 Messages: 336 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Okay again, I was fooling around with it some more and I got it to work with some troubleshooting with my husband. Using the same file I started a new project imported the same .mov file. Drug it to my storyline and it worked! I closed it, opened a new project imported the same file and the second time it did not work. It is definitely an issue with Cyberlink. I thought it must be the camera. But no, since it worked once with the file from the camera/memory stick that ruled out that thought. So once again, it is back to troubleshooting with you Cyberlink experts.

Virginia

I probably shouldn't weigh in on this BUT after reading through this whole thread and seeing this last note, it seems that there may be a software conflict somewhere. I am curious to know if you drag the .mov file into the timeline and process it, does it have audio.

SO, if you have audio in the workspace and timeline and process it (does the processed file have audio) it would be logical that it would.

IF you have audio in the workspace and NOT in the timeline and you process it, does it have audio??

If you drag a different .mov file in from the same camera, does it have audio. Sometimes it's just a flukey thing, one clip does not work the way we expect it to, but clips from the same camera, in the same project do work.

This doesn't solve your problem at all, this is just my curiosity getting the better of me.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Following up "McLean1", I'd like to know if the appearance of the video in the tracks looks like FredB's attachment?
If there is an audio track displaying? The issue is likely to be a codec one on your system.

Uninstall PD
(I would uninstall QuickTime as well using the remove feature in the control panel - an option you might not need to persue)
Run CLCleaner
Next install Quicktime http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/
Now reinstall PD.
Apply the latest patch
http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_US.html.

I'm trying to get you to correct your system codecs so the audio part of the QuickTime mov file can be heard.

Please try V.Mclean's ideas first.

thanks
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 28. 2011 05:40

[Post New]
Dafydd;
The screencap I posted does not show an audio waveform in the timeline, but the sound is present when played.

EDIT: However, once I produce it, the MPG2 file shows "waveform" and still has sound.
[Thumb - waveform.jpg]
 Filename
waveform.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
28 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
207 time(s)

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Mar 28. 2011 12:39