Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Speaker Noise and Crackle with MP3's
StephanieNZ
Member Location: New Zealand Joined: Feb 01, 2011 19:20 Messages: 81 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I have a problem with PD9 when I try to import and play good quality mp3's and mp3 clips. I get alot of crackle, very loud, from my speakers throughout the clip. But when I play the same mp3's on Sony Vegas platinum 10 or TrakAxPc pro or even VLC or any other media player then everything is perfectly fine and no crackle.

This goes on for a while and then like this afternoon it will clear itself all of a sudden and everything is okay. This afternoon it cleared itself 'after' I played a video clip [ mp4 ] and after that the mp3's played perfectly.

And now, hours later PD9 is crackling thru the speakers on MP3's. and I just tried to import one into Wave Editor a while back as an experiment to try and sort the problem and it played on there with loud noise every third of a second or so.

Anyone any ideas ? I am quite sure its not my PC as the mp3's play perfect with a variety of media and Video Editing Software.

I run Windows XP Home with SP3 and have 4 GB RAM [ 2.96 ] and a Pentium dual core processor

Any input would be truly appreciated.

I'm a newbie to PD9 and Cyberlink itself but I have TrakAxPC Pro and Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 10.

Regards,

Stephanie. NZ.

*** I've just made a very interesting observation ***

When I import MP3's into the PD9 library and 'Preview' them in the top right window they play fine and have NO crackle. BUT when I put the same MP3's onto the timeline then the Crackle from the audio is awful.

Any ideas ?

Regards,

Stephanie.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 25. 2011 23:20

Just Love What You Do !
Videocentricity
Contributor Location: Long Beach,CA Joined: May 21, 2007 05:37 Messages: 394 Offline
[Post New]
How are you listening to the sound?

Could it be a bad connection in headphones? I have never had a bad mp3 track or anything like you say with any version of PD. If you can't solve the problem - Change the problem
StephanieNZ
[Post New]
I'm listening to the sound thru M-Audio speakers and they are quite new and 'everything' plays absolutely perfect except mp3's in PD9.

And it's only on the timeline. If I preview an mp3 in the top right window it plays fine. But when i put the very same mp3 on the timeline it crackles.

Incidentally, when i imported the file into WaveEditor from the timeline it played perfect but when I transferred it back it crackled.

I can get rid of the crackle by using Keyframes and reducing 'noise' but these are MP3 files that play perfect in Sony Vegas, Trakaxpc pro and a whole host of media players.

So what is it with the timeline in PD9 ?

And if I unlink a video file [ MP4 ] the audio part plays fine on the timeline which is basically an MP3 in itself.

So, I'm at a loss and a bit disheartened as I wanted to use these MP3 clips to create videos.

I've written to Tech Support but not sure if they will have an answer.

I have thought about reinstalling PD9 but am not sure.

Stephanie. Just Love What You Do !
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Stephanie,
your problem with the Mp3 is strange. As Ron said, I have never had this problem.
I take it your Mp3's are stand-alone files and without any form of "locks" to them (from purchasing/download/number of plays).
Which audio track do you use?
Have you tried, lets say, adding an audiotrack and put
the file there?

Nina
Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Stephanie,
Can you upload (attach) an example of the mp3 file that is causing this?
StephanieNZ
[Post New]
Hi Nina, I have just added some tracks like you suggested and tried playing a variety of mp3's there and it's still the same.

I have tried all of my MP3's of which come from a wide variety of sources and they are all the same. I have also tried playing them on different tracks on the timeline to no avail.

Even my Michael Jackson collection of which play perfectly on sony vegas, trakaxpc and VLC and RealPlayer, then I'm afraid when I put them anywhere on the PD9 timeline I get a crackle, throughout the track of which makes the track sound terrible.

If i open from the timeline INTO wave editor they play PERFECT and also when i Preview them from the Library they play Perfect. When I play in the media bit of PD9 they play perfect, when I open in Trimmer they play Perfect.

But as soon as I put them on the timeline and play from that bit, anywhere, it crackles throughout the track.

I can get rid of the crackle by editing in Keyframes, from the timeline, and DeNoising the track but why on earth should I have to DeNoise a track or tracks that every other player man ever made plays all my MP3's absolutely perfectly ?

I am soo frustrated and also deflated.

Does anyone here think reinstalling my PD9 would help ?

Kind Regards,

Stephanie Just Love What You Do !
StephanieNZ
[Post New]
*** PLEASE NOTE *** THIS FILE ATTACHED HAS "NOT" BEEN USED ON MY PD9 and subsequently does not display the crackle I am getting on the audio.

This file is Perfect and is Purely just to display the type of mp3 I am using as I was asked to do so.
Sorry, I misread the previous message and thought you needed to see a good file. LE SIGH !
The crackled MP3 is further down this thread.

Thank you.

Okay, this is Michael Jackson.

This plays perfect in EVERYTHING except on the timeline of PD9.

EVERYTHING I have plays Perfect Except on the timeline of PD9.

I also have 4gigs of much shorter music scores that play perfect anywhere except on the timeline of PD9.

regards,

Stephanie
 Filename
15 ~ This Is It.mp3
[Disk]
 Description
MJ This is It
 Filesize
6796 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
751 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 27. 2011 17:19

Just Love What You Do !
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: If i open from the timeline INTO wave editor they play PERFECT and also when i Preview them from the Library they play Perfect. When I play in the media bit of PD9 they play perfect, when I open in Trimmer they play Perfect. But as soon as I put them on the timeline and play from that bit, anywhere, it crackles throughout the track.

Can you please create a clean NEW project, dont insert any video, dont do nothing, just import your mp3 to the media and then drag it to the audio track. Does it do the same crackle noise?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 26. 2011 17:57

StephanieNZ
[Post New]
I started a new project as you said , imported an mp3, dragged it to the timeline and it crackled.

In fact I tried 3 mp3's from different sources and they all crackled on the timeline.

StephanieNZ
[Post New]
It appears that my TrakAxPc loops and beats are okay on the PD9 timeline BUT they are .wav files and not mp3's

StephanieNZ
[Post New]
Just for information, All my MP4 Video Files play absolutely Perfect on the PD9 Timeline.

Stephanie

Just Love What You Do !
StephanieNZ
[Post New]
Okay, i have just found an MP4 Video file that causes crackling on the timeline. But it's not all MP4 video files.
The 1st one I tried just now was fine.

I may reinstall PD9.

NicolasNY
[Post New]
Confirm Nina's and Ron's...your problem with the Mp3 is strange. Very strange.
StephanieNZ
[Post New]
I've just written to tech support again after re-installing PD9 totally and ending up with the very same problem.

I'm now wondering if I've got a faulty download of PD9 and I say that because on the trial I got a faulty file from CNET and Wave Editor was missing totally.

So I downloaded a fresh trial from Softpedia and all was well. Also, there was NO crackle on the trial installation ! I wouldn't have bought it if there had of been.

Soo, I've asked tech if I can re-download the software. I mean I only bought it the other week.

I'm wondering if it's a codec or similar type problem or something like that. I have no knowledge in that area I'm afraid.

As the trial version was fine I'm hedging my bets on 2 faulty file downloads..Installation and Content. I could be wrong though.

Thanks for all your help here. Muchly appreciated.

StephanieNZ
[Post New]
this is just for your informations..in the hope it may help.

I found an MP4 Video of Celine Dion that crackles on the timeline of PD9 and nowhere else.

So I just converted an MP4 copy of the file to .avi video and it plays absolutely perfectly on the timeline of PD9.

So it seems to be when certain MP4's and All MP3's are loaded to the timeline. mp3's and mp4's are the problem and .avi and .wav's are perfect.

Its like when a programme doesn't have the correct codec/coding ? to play it ? something like that i don't really understand.

Videocentricity
Contributor Location: Long Beach,CA Joined: May 21, 2007 05:37 Messages: 394 Offline
[Post New]
OK, before you re-install PD which I doubt will fix anything,

can we confirm,

1. Mp3 plays fine from the library area.
2. Mp3 crackles when dragged to the timeline and/or audio line.

3. If you produce the movie, even with a photograph as the scene, stretched to be same length as audio and the mp3 as the soundtrack, Does the finished movie crackle ?

4. Do you have a mic or an internet headphone/mic ?
Can you dub using the feature in PD and record yourself over the mp3 for maybe ten seconds.
Does the sound still crackle ? If you can't solve the problem - Change the problem
StephanieNZ
[Post New]
Good morning, to re-iterate :

1- MP3's play perfect from the library area.
2- MP3's crackle when dragged to the timeline
3- I have just produced a movie with a photo and a perfect sounding MP3 and the finished result was a movie that crackles when played in VLC or even Real Player.
4- I do not have a mic.

5- Observation - with all MP3's that crackle on the timeline and also the certain MP4's that crackle on the timeline if I convert the MP3's to WAV files and convert the MP4 files that crackle to AVI or even FLV files then they all Play Perfect on the timeline.

I still believe that I have a faulty set of installation files. ie: My 1st PD9 trial download was missing the Wave Editor so I'm wondering if this download is missing some component 'crucial' to the playing of MP3's and MP4's ?

Regards, Stephanie. Just Love What You Do !
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Stephanie,

with your trying different things back and forth, I too would have the same thought as you; something is missing?
But if it is PD9 - or perhaps (right) codec on your pc which PD doesn't "find" - I wouldn't have a clue. I do editing more than tech-stuff, but there has been several posts in here lately which adress codecses.

So now I call upon Adrian to look in to your problem!

Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
StephanieNZ
[Post New]
Hi, well if it was something on my pc then I would think it would affect all my programs ?

I do have Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 10 HD and also TrakAxPc Pro and they both run like a dream, no problems whatsoever.

Also I have a variety of media players too and no problem.

Its just PD9 on the timeline with MP3's and certain MP4's.

I mean the Trial of PD9 worked perfect and I bought it on that particular assesment and now I find I have a problem on a paid version that is the crux and crucial to the smooth running of the program.

I have written to Tech Support twice now but no response.

I must say I am feeling rather frustrated.

I even contemplated downloading a Trial version of PD9 purely to see if that did the same thing on the timeline.

I'm getting rather desperate.

Many thanks for your input.

StephanieNZ
[Post New]
*** HERE IS WHAT THE NOISE/CRACKLE SOUNDS LIKE ***

Hi, I have attached an MP4 file that I have just produced with a PERFECT sounding MP3 music clip and one of PD9's photos from the Library.

The clip is 7Mbs and is rather small in length but if you download it and listen you will hear a constant crackle/vibration on the Audio track.

This happens all the time on the timeline.

Hoping this will help solve this problem.

Thanks Stephanie.
 Filename
PD9 Test 1.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
7634 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
537 time(s)
Just Love What You Do !