Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
32 Bit V9 - Import MPG file to make movie - soundtrack distorted
hondaf17 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 03, 2010 17:41 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hello.

Is there any update to this problem? I'm thoroughly enjoying the trial version of PD9 thus far. Does a great job with slideshows, but this issue will be a deal-breaker for me, b/c there's no way I'm going to convert all my video files before loading into PD9. I saw there was a patch, but only for the retail version, so I don't know if it's been fixed. Would love an update from a moderator.

Thank you in advance.
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Honda,

I imported the footage from the original poster and imported it into PD9 with the newly released patch Build 2330. The Mickey Mouse effect was still present when the clip on the timeline I am afraid.

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
My ref 118. 2010-11-25 PD9 Micky Mouse audio http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/14165.page
eBug opened

Look for the next patch.

Dafydd
hondaf17 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you both for your quick responses. Please keep me updated via posts to this thread.

Looking forward to (hopefully) buying your product.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Not our product.

WE are NOT CyberLink. We are video editors.

Dafydd
hondaf17 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok, my mistake. Any cyberlink employees ever come on here? From the back and forth of this thread it sounded like you guys were cyberlink, with knowledge about the patches, and able to test previous builds, etc.
hondaf17 [Avatar]
[Post New]
___

EDIT: Nevermind.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 18. 2010 14:57

Cody [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 30, 2010 00:12 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I've got the same problem with my .MPG files off of my SONY Cybershot. It's good to know that someone is working on a fix for this, I just bought PD9 ultra 64 yesterday and it's been pretty upsetting trying to find a fix.
feichau [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Brazil Joined: Jan 07, 2011 14:15 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I got the same problem from .MPG files from Sony Cybershot testing PD9 in Win7 32bits. Is there a fix?
SnowCalla [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 06, 2011 12:06 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I'll join the chorus. Does anyone know if this bug has been corrected yet? I have a deadline of Tuesday for a news story - so I just need to know if I should buy something different to make my deadline. Thank you!
[Post New]
Hello,

I have the same problem.
I'm using PowerDirector 9 Ultra full version, Windows 7 64 bit and a quad icore 7 intel processor.

I recently dowloaded and install it, so I think i have the last version.

Some Videos in MPEG-1, mono are reproduced faster than they should (audio and image). When i drag them to the video timeline, only audio seems to be more quick than normal.

Is there any solution for this now?

I've updated my nvidia GT 320M to the lastest driver (otherwise PD didn't start). Some videos seems normal.

Please any help will be appreciated!
I'm new to PD9

Thanks in advance!
Eze Regards, Eze
[Post New]
I'm just trying with MediaExpresso, It calls my attention that original video is played fine with that program, so it really is a bug in PD9. Any Solution? Regards, Eze
hondaf17 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Is there any solution to this yet?!!? Quite annoying, that a "best in class", $100 brand new product can't even support a very popular/common type of video format.
hondaf17 [Avatar]
[Post New]
To everyone with this problem - I just installed the latest updates, patch 2330a and 2504. The upgrade system within PD sucks so I had to go here to manually download and install them. I installed 2330a first followed by 2504, and the above problem is resolved. Hopefully it fixes it for other people too. Please reply if this works for you.

http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_US.html
[Post New]
Thanks for your reply hondaf17, by the way, I see you applied two consecutive patches, it should be necessary to apply the last one, which includes all previous ones. That was one of my doubts and I've been told that last patch is enough, in this forum.

About the MPG format, the one that has known problems is mostly MPEG-1. The adviced solution for that is to reencode to mpeg2 or apply last patch for PD (and maybe your video card driver too), as you did.

Thanks, Eze Regards, Eze