Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Lost the Opacity control lines in the new PowerDirector 365???
Michael Dorosh [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 21, 2020 22:07 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have to add my voice to the chorus stating that this decision is completely baffling. Power Director has become much, much less useful now and far more labour intensive. Software engineers seem to love changing things for the sake of change, and this is perhaps one of the best examples of fixing something that was never broken that I've seen in a long time.

I hope CyberLink will be responsive to the community and replace this functionality.

I'll also add that I couldn't even find any information about it in the actual documentation and had to go to a private users site on Facebook to even understand what was happening.

While I'm at it, I guess I can add it took me 20 minutes of frustrating searching just to find the voiceover feature, which itself was not intuitive since it was in the menu marked ". . ." for some odd reason in the previous version.

I don't understand who these changes benefit, or how.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 17. 2023 08:17

Michael Dorosh [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 21, 2020 22:07 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Look at the attatchments in numerical order. I was only able to post 3 screenshots, here's the last one.

Here's the last one - again stating the video line SHOULD be showing . . .

Thanks for posting these. It looks like, based on that, that the functionality is there but you have to enable it for each clip first.

Is this possibly a case of the developers just not realizing how much people use this feature?

I hope they will take our comments to heart and make it the default rather than an option.
TiberiusJim [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 07, 2019 19:52 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I was astounded by the loss of this feature, too. I updated to the latest version on my personal copy of PD and couldn't believe this function was gone. I had just talked this product up to my employer and convinced them to purchase their own Business license for use in my job, and now I have to make sure nobody goes and updates to the new version or we'll lose this functionality there, too. It doesn't express a lot of confidence in a product when have to say "No don't update it or we'll lose features." I'm considering canceling my 365 subscription and just using my old PD 16 for the time being.
Gelephoto7669 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 13, 2018 06:08 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
HI All have been in contact with support over this issue. They have been very responsive, though unable resolve the issue this is what they have said.
Reply from CyberLink Customer Support2023/10/18 11:49
Hi,
Thank you for writing back and we appreciate your feedback.
With regard to your concern, please be informed that for your editing convenience concern, we have escalated the suggestion (display opacity keyframe and status on each clip in the timeline) to the product team as the software improvement reference for further evaluation.
As the workaround for creating the fading-out effect for now, we advised you to click on the "Keyframes" button on the Edit panel to enter Keyframes Settings mode to adjust the opacity of keyframes in the Clip Attribute section further.
Please feel free to contact us for further clarification or assistance related to CyberLink products. Use the link below to get back to us:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Thanks and Regards,
Mike
CyberLink Technical Support

I can only suggest that you all contact support and air your issue with them as I have done, as I think the more who highlight this as an issue the more chance we have of getting it re-instated.