Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Burn CREATE FOLDER dilemma
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I do not have BD equipment, so I do not know.
As far as DVD goes, P2Go is my go-to-burner.
Lightning fast on folders. I would LIKE to know, as BD could be in my future. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Nicolas, I don't see the difference between a produced file which sits on it's own and a created file which is the same thing in a folder

Someone correct me if I’m wrong…..

Difference 1:
- When you "Produce", you are creating a new video "File", in whatever format you use. Ex. a AVCHD .mts, mt2s "File"
- When you "Create Disk" and burn to disk, you are creating a disk "folder structure". Ex. a DVD with TS_Audio and TS_Video folders with the corresponding .VOB files.

Difference 2:
- When you burn your videos as “data disk” to a DVD or whatever, you can only read the files with a computer or DVD players file capable.
- When you burn a “UDF video format”, you must need the “folder structure” and you can only watch your movies in a DVD player with all the features of Menus, Chapters and so on..

As you can read, this two differences make a big difference between a Data and UDF disk’s

Regards,
Nicolas
Bob50 [Avatar]
Member Location: Australia Joined: Dec 12, 2008 23:40 Messages: 88 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the info Nicolas

Please have a look at the attachment of my burning project with Power2go. The top one in the compilation is the created file which I created with PD8, the one under it is the produced file which I produced with PD8. If I were to burn just the produced file the I would be able to play that file on my PS3 no problems as a data disc.

If I were to burn the created file then in my PS3 I would need to open the file, My Video, BDMV, Stream, then nothing appears.

Alternatively if I were to start all over again in Power2go, locate my file first, open my video, open BDMV, open stream, the file displays. Take that file and dump it into the compilation for burning, this is no different to just finding the produced file and dumping that into the compilation. They are both the same. Either one will burn and play just fine this way. Any further thoughts on this. I'm not talking about burning standard DVD projects as this is no problem burning in PD8, I'm only talking about burning AVCHD projects using m2ts files from my panasonic camera.

I'm more than happy to know where 'm going wrong if I am.

Bob
[Thumb - P2GO.jpg]
 Filename
P2GO.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
853 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
342 time(s)
Windows Vista™ Home Premium
HP Pavilion dv5 Notebook PC
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P7450 @ Processor: 2.13GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
Memory: 3068MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GS
Panasonic SDC-HD9 AVCHD
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Sometimes my PS3 will play an AVCHD file, and sometimes it won't. Sometimes it's the same file on different days. I haven't figured out the magic formula, yet. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Bob,

PRODUCE
PS3 always would read your .MT2S files as files in a data disc without problems, it’s like the one you have produce ( 1 Intro Produce.m2ts).

CREATE
The purpose of creating a folder structure is to create latter a AVCHD video disc in UDF format (same like direct burning a AVCHD video disc). It’s not indented to use it like a data disk. That’s why PS3 something fails to read the \BDMV\STREAM\0000.m2ts file.
So if you what to view your AVCHD video disc with menu features in PS3 you must create and burn a AVCHD video disc or create the folder structure and latter burn it as a UDF AVCHD video disc using a program like IMGburn.
NicolasNY
[Post New]
By the other hand (I’m not really sure I will have to check it out): PS3 is very tricky at the time to read folders hierarchy in data disc or USB flash cards. The root and subfolders name must be in CAPS and only reads data from maximum one level subfolder. That’s why it doesn’t see your 0000.m2ts file in your data disc, but remember a AVCHD folder structure is intented for burning a UDF media.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 07. 2010 11:44

NicolasNY
[Post New]
Quote:
If you want to preserve the original files, what I do is to create the folder structure and add an extra folder beside the TS_AUDIO and TS_VIDEO folders, called what ever you want and store the original there. Then use PowerISO or IMGburn to create the UDF DVD, so you can watch your movie and have the data also.

I've done this to add an HD video to a standard DVD. They could watch the DVD in a player, or watch the HD video on their computer. It worked great.

Is not the same experimenting with DVD-RW, to experiment with a BD-RE.
I wonder if someone tried to put an EXTRA folder on a blu-ray disc ?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I wonder if someone tried to put an EXTRA folder on a blu-ray disc ?
Yes, I do it, works fine. Plays fine on my HD players and others.

Jeff
NicolasNY
[Post New]
Thank you Jeff,

I just was a downloading daemon tolls, in order to experiment with a virtual BD drive, created from BD folder and Imgburn ISO. But I don’t like so much to have daemond installed on my computer, so you have save me from that.

Do I add the extra directory to the root?:

(root)
..BDMV
..CERTIFICATE
..EXTRA_FOLDER

It’s that correct?

Nicolas

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 07. 2011 21:44

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: ..BDMV
..CERTIFICATE
..EXTRA_FOLDER

It’s that correct?
Yes, that is how I do it.

Jeff
NicolasNY
[Post New]
Thanks Jeff,

I just burn the Blu-Ray and it works like a charm. I put all the backup files of the project and the photos in the EXTRA folder. Even my blu-ray player, asks if I want to see the movie or view photos.