Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Smart Sound--what's the trick to getting clips to always play?
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
I have only one Smart Sound clip in this project. Whenever I'm checking the project, there's silence when I come to that clip. I stop, move the cursor back, and then the clip plays when I start again.

I've seen reference to there being a problem with these clips but I couldn't find info when I did a search just now.

What do I have to do to make sure this part of the project won't just be silent in the final output?

rbowser
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
In my case, this seems to be related to the repeated running of the QuickTracks installer: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/19089.page.

What I see is that the video keeps going while those annoying windows popped up (and there was no music). Then the music started and the video froze until the music caught up. After they were back in synch, the rest of that part of the project played properly until the start of the next music.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 18. 2011 18:25

Jerry Schwartz
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
This is the funniest posting I've read in ages.
Reminds me of Charlie Chaplin movies.
Thank you.

Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply, Jerrys

Hmmm - What's happening over here seems a bit different. Everything seems to work fine, I don't get pop-ups or warnings - It's just that after putting a clip in the project, it doesn't play until I stop, re-wind and start again.

I have to get on with this project, so I just deleted it, searched out some other music that suits me just as well.

But what's with this flaky Smart Sound?--I see that for the most part, the small sampling of music clips seems mostly a come-on to buy more music--and expensive music at that. Are people really paying $30 for 30 second clips?--!

To me, another disappointing part of PD that I'll probably just need to ignore.

rbowser
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: To me, another disappointing part of PD that I'll probably just need to ignore.

I agree.

I just threw away about 2 hours work working with Smart Sound clips. At the rate things were going, it would have taken me another week or two to finish -- and this is a 20-minute slide show! Jerry Schwartz