Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Slideshow and splitting revisited
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
A few days ago some of us were occupied with slideshows, frames, backgrounds and splitting images.
An "old" thread http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/17146.page#86837
was revisited. Quite interesting, if new "newbies" haven't read it.

Anyway, I have not been making many slideshows in my time of editing. Certainly slideshows
can be very interesting or fun to watch. Maybe a challenge if the same templates are used over
many times. Reading the thread above, you'll find ways to make changes.

Splitting images haven't been a habit of mine either.
I have, since the above thread, been looking a bit deeper in to the photo software I use.
I found the splitting tools, and frankly they are pretty good.
I got it in to my head to try both the "split-thing" and make a "hand-made" slideshow.
Could I make something out of it? No template?
Attached are the media-library and timeline from the project, if anyone is interested.

I took my photo camera and a bowl of strawberries out in the garden.
For the record; this slideshow I produced is not nearly in the league Tony (or Cranston) belongs to.
Result is "as usual"; when you think you are done- you find things you would like to change,
but for the time being it'll have to do as my experiment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3jyamqo4HI&feature=youtube_gdata

Nina

[Thumb - medialibrary.PNG]
 Filename
medialibrary.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
498 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
226 time(s)
[Thumb - timeline.PNG]
 Filename
timeline.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
144 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
222 time(s)

Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
Heinz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 03, 2009 07:58 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Verry nice slideshow greetings from Switzerland
Heinz
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
You did very good Nina!

Strawberries very plump. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Nina,

Since I only do slide shows, (basically that's what most everyone is making) I have doing things like that for a long long time. Now with PD9 and unlimited PIP tracks, (so to speak) I can do a lot more than before. Even if I have a video or two (short ones) it is still a slide show. A slide show is not a slide show unless it has at least 350 pictures, 350 transitions (one for each picture), and 250 titles or more....

To me even a video with 10 or so 20 to 30 second video clips or less with transitions between each and titles, is still a slide show but using video clips instead of pictures. (pictures that have motion)....

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you all for positive feedback!

Yes Carl, the Norwegian strawberries are by many (foreighners) regarded the
best in the world. Red trough and through, large and very sweet.
Has to do with light and temperature, I believe.
They are cultured outdoors in fields, not in greenhouses.
July treat in Norway.

Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Strawberries are in season here in the USA also.
The stores have baskets of strawberies. I do not think they are as plump as yours. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.