CyberLink Community Forum
Slideshow Templates - Camera View Modified  XML
Forum Index » PowerDirector (previous versions)
ynotfish

Senior Contributor

Hi All -

A while back, Barry the Crab came up with a modified version of the Camera View slideshow template. I've been mucking around with it too... & for the same reasons! Who wants frilly little frames around their photos? I occasionally use the slideshow templates when I want to easily break up video sequences, so I wanted a template I could use.

So far, I've produced 5 variations of the background & a bunch of interchangeable frames & masks. I thought I'd post one here in case anyone had a use for it... the one in the image above.

The other backgrounds I've made are:

For anyone who cares, to make these, the background image needs to be divided into 16 equal parts & numbered so that, in situ, the background can scroll smoothly between one part and the other, with no gaps/jumps.

The frames included in the zip file (attached) can be used with any of the backgrounds (including the one installed with PD).

The backgrounds/frames are stored in C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Slideshow\CameraView - all I do is copy & replace the whole background & photoframe folder.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename CameraView(Modified).zip [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 4950 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  1578 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 30/05/2011 10:32:02

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
BarryTheCrab

Senior Contributor

I always loved the 3d slideshow, and the slideshow function, in general. Making different backgrounds gives you much greater versatility. I have found a freeware that makes it easy to create your own self-installer, so I have been using that to add to my library of weapons. These modifications would be good on DZone. Tony, you went the extra mile (kilometer?), I found your task too big for my liking (the 3d themes are easier), but now I want the fruit of your labours!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/05/2011 16:29:39

My website http://bgillcyberstudio.com/index.html LINKS TO PDTOOTS, Cyberlink Sales & hundreds of other valuable resources!
HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)/Nvidia GTX 660(1.5GB)/16GB DDR3/7,200rpm/W8.1x64---PCBnmk 3664.6
HP Pavilion DV7t-3000/17.4"/i7_820QM(4@1.73~turbo>3.06)/Nvidia GT230M(1g)CUDA/8GB DDR3/7,200rpm/W7x64
Canon Vixia HV30/HFM40/HFM41/Olympus EPL-1(4/3rds)/Nikon L110/Fuji W3-3D/Smith-Victor lights
[Email] [WWW]
ynotfish

Senior Contributor

Keep your eyes open for a carrier pigeon Barry!

BarryTheCrab

Senior Contributor

I'll wear safety goggles.

My website http://bgillcyberstudio.com/index.html LINKS TO PDTOOTS, Cyberlink Sales & hundreds of other valuable resources!
HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)/Nvidia GTX 660(1.5GB)/16GB DDR3/7,200rpm/W8.1x64---PCBnmk 3664.6
HP Pavilion DV7t-3000/17.4"/i7_820QM(4@1.73~turbo>3.06)/Nvidia GT230M(1g)CUDA/8GB DDR3/7,200rpm/W7x64
Canon Vixia HV30/HFM40/HFM41/Olympus EPL-1(4/3rds)/Nikon L110/Fuji W3-3D/Smith-Victor lights
[Email] [WWW]
ynotfish

Senior Contributor

For anyone interested in the other backgrounds I've prepared for the CameraView slideshow template...

they can be downloaded from http://www.4shared.com/file/ZjUOmAQA/Camera_Backgrounds.html

These can be used with the "default" batch of frames, or the ones in my original post.

I'm still working on making other frames (had a lot of less than successful efforts thus far)

Cheers - Tony

ynotfish

Senior Contributor

and here are two more...

Download at http://www.4shared.com/file/ICm5DfSo/CameraView_Backgrounds.html

Cheers - Tony

Dafydd Bevan - SoftDeko

Senior Contributor

Hi Tony,
Where were you having problems?

I've used a 16:9 segmented into 4x4 = 816x460 and haven't had a problem. Is the issue with the pngs/photoframes?

The use of JPG or jpg makes no difference.

I use a split image software - far easier to create the backgrounds.

If I can assist, let me know.

Dafydd
PS Photoframes look good - well done.

For more information click the links given here:
PowerDirector Video Editor = 2,2.5,3,4,5,5P,6,7,8,9,10,11 Ultimate Suite, Ultimate Suite 2, Director Suite 2.
PowerDirector 12 Image Guides linking image guides on the forum.
Image Editor = One that makes transparent background PNG files is a "must have".
Gif Animation = Creating and converting an animation can give one's video a little "edge".
Check out PowerDVD, PhotoDirector, ColorDirector, AudioDirector & MediaShow
I use the Pixelan plug-ins, (*5) with PowerDirector 12 Click here to visit Pixelan Software.
Started with 8mm splice editing and B&W still image darkroom photography.
Honesty disclosure: CyberLink have provided me their software products at no charge.
Dafydd Bevan - SoftDeko

Senior Contributor

I had considered creating a background slideshow of non-associated images - should be fun to do one day.
Dafydd

PowerDirector Video Editor = 2,2.5,3,4,5,5P,6,7,8,9,10,11 Ultimate Suite, Ultimate Suite 2, Director Suite 2.
Image Editor = One that makes transparent background PNG files is a "must have".
Gif Animation = Creating and converting an animation can give one's video a little "edge".
I use the Pixelan plug-ins, (*5) with PowerDirector 12 Click here to visit Pixelan Software.
Honesty disclosure: CyberLink have provided me their software products at no charge.
ynotfish

Senior Contributor

Dafydd -

The only problem I was having was getting the masks that go with each frame to match... caused by foolishly placing a drop shadow on the internal edge.

There are three sets of frames in the attachment.

They look like this...

The folders can be stored in C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Slideshow\CameraView

N.B. The template only accesses the folder titled "photoframe". When I want to switch frame styles, I simply rename the folders. Each folder is self contained with its own matching set of masks.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename Photoframe Variants.zip [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 982 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  825 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/05/2011 19:30:56

Dafydd Bevan - SoftDeko

Senior Contributor

Hi Tony,
Yep, I see the issue.
I haven't tried the following but ... if you want a drop shadow effect you could use a different colour and create the depth effect you were after. Any other colour than black - as that's the mask.

I might play with the xml when I get five minutes.

Dafydd

Dafydd Bevan - SoftDeko

Senior Contributor

Hi,
I decided to play around more with the backgrounds - just to have some fun.

I replaced all the background images with my own higher resolution ones of 3264 x 1840. I renamed them.

All now display in Cinema View in higher resolution than the previous backgrounds.

Please view the attached video to see how easy it is to alter the files.

Cofion gorau
Dafydd

removed player
 Filename CameraView.wmv [Disk] Download
 Description CameraView - your stills
 Filesize 4772 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  1064 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 28/06/2011 11:03:54

ClancM

Thanks everyone for those great templates
When i try to rename the original photoframe folder i get this error

But renaming the background folder worked fine. Sorry for the space.
Bubba in TX

Senior Contributor

Camera view????? I thought that was photo book view.....

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
ynotfish

Senior Contributor

Clancy -

I assume there's no file/folder/subfolder open when you get that error. Does rebooting allow you to rename it?

Sorry - not using XP so it's hard to investigate.

Cheers - Tony

GoPokes

TKS for allowing me to use your work. I will give you credit.
Day fishing is better than a day on a PC. "

Amature does it till he gets it right. A Pro does it till he can't get it wrong.

Forum Index » PowerDirector (previous versions)
Go to: