Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
2702 Update / Disable Tracks Anomaly
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,

I’m encountering an odd occurrence since updating to 2702, where the Enable/Disable tracks function engages by itself. Perhaps someone has encountered this and has a workaround or a fix?

- Place nature clip in track 1, and a black color board in track 2
- Open color board in PIP Designer and put a check mark in Fade Out.
- Move the fade’s starting Key Frame to the midway point of the scrubber line. (must do this)
- Click OK, exiting PIP Designer.
- Grab the color board and slide it to the right and release

As soon as I release my mouse, all of the track’s Disable crosses turn red, disabling all the tracks.

Very weird. Why would just sliding a color board farther down the timeline, cause all the tracks to decide to now disable themselves? Adrian confirmed that it doesn’t happen in an earlier build, on his 64 bit system. Anyone want to confirm if it happens on a 64 or 32 bit system running the 2702 update?

A 00:45 video example/demonstration of the anomaly is attached.

XP Pro / SP3

Filename
2702 Disable Tracks.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1324 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
625 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 14. 2011 09:10

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]

Yes, I can confirm that.
I earlier wrote this post http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/16374.page
on weird things happening in 2702.
I could have added your finding as well.
Very odd, and certainly not expected, so your face goes ?

Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Reported.
Item 180
Issue/bug duplicated as described.

The bug did not happen if the procedure was altered.

--- Move the rubber band position of the fade out effect
--- The bug issue did not display.

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 14. 2011 10:12

Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
32 bit Win 7 2702

Following Cranston's example exactly as he did it, I do not get the same results. No disabled tracks.
Sorry "C"

Doing the same as Dafydd... no disabled tracks....

[Thumb - Capture.JPG]
 Filename
Capture.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
48 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
852 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 14. 2011 12:59

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Nina,
Thanks for taking the time to test and confirm.

Dafydd,
Thanks for generating an Item180 number. Yes, you’re right. If you adjust the fade duration key frame, in the main screen timeline, then no problem. That’s why I included the “(must do this)” in step 3 above.
Also, I've done some further testing, and found a similar procedure that causes the same behavior.

- Place a png image (with transparent background) in track2
- Create a custom motion path in PIP designer using 6 key frames > Exit PIP Designer
- Slide image right

So far no problems and no auto disabling of any tracks.
- Open PIP Designer an re-adjust key frames 3 and 4 > Exit PIP Designer
- Slide image right

Now all the Disable Track crosses turn red, disabling all the tracks.

So it seems that the unrelated action of adjusting key frames in PIP Designer, and then moving the adjusted media to the right on the timeline, can or will cause PD9’s Disable Tracks option to auto engage, thus disabling all the tracks, which can not be corrected by doing a Redo. Or at least that's what is happening on my system.

Bubba,
Thanks for testing. Hmmmmm, the plot thickens.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 15. 2011 04:53

Pax 123 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Miami, Florida Joined: Feb 25, 2010 06:35 Messages: 282 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: 32 bit Win 7 2702

Following Cranston's example exactly as he did it, I do not get the same results. No disabled tracks.
Sorry "C"

Doing the same as Dafydd... no disabled tracks....

Hi Cranston,

I am operating a 64 bit Win 7 2702, followed your example exactly and did not get the same results. No disabled tracks.

Perhaps this thickens the plot even more?

Regards,

Pax Laptop PC, ASUS
Core i7 Q 720
Win 7, 64-bit
RAM 8GB DDR2
Graphics, NVIDIA GeForce GTS 360M 1GB DDR5
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Hi C,

I followed your 2. set-up, this time it didn't cause locking here.
I even tried changing the keyframes again; ok
I used keyframes on a background colourboard (bless you, Tony); ok

I did the first procedure yet again, not ok.

These are small tests. I have encountered the incident during 10 min projects of lately,
but because I have been busy getting things done, I have just gone ,
unlocked and moved on. (The next time this happens, I will be making notes and
be sure to give description!)
 Filename
locktestokthistime.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
512 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
491 time(s)
[Thumb - again the first procedure.PNG]
 Filename
again the first procedure.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
32 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
263 time(s)
[Thumb - project ok this time.PNG]
 Filename
project ok this time.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
23 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
271 time(s)

Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Oh goody.... I LOVE a plot...... __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Well - the thot's plickening further -

Confirmed here, CP!

Just now, I followed Cranston's procedure EXACTLY with the Nature.mpg clip & the black colour board...
and got EXACTLY the same result. All other tracks were disabled! (not Track 2)
N.B. I also found that just by clicking anywhere in the timeline (without sliding the colour board), the same track disabling occurred.

Tried Dafydd's rubber band thing and (same thing) no track lock.

Tested Cranston's .png idea, resetting keyframes in PiP Designer, with the same results as above. Other tracks were disbled after resetting keyframes:
a. when the .png was moved to the right
b. when the timeline was clicked anywhere (without moving the .png image).

PDR9 Build 2702 - Win 7 (64-bit)

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Cranston
[Post New]
Thanks Tony.
Yes the plot does thickens further. So now it doesn't appear to be an issue that's in any way exclusive to 32 bit systems. Though Nina's reply already indicated that. Or did it, hahaha.

Hmm, I wonder what it is in Bubba's and Pax's setups, that gave them different results?

Hopefully Dafydd will add this extra info to his "Item 180" report sent to CL.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 16. 2011 21:19

Pax 123 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Miami, Florida Joined: Feb 25, 2010 06:35 Messages: 282 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Cranston,
In view of Tony's experience, I re-ran your test several times, with different color boards and found that all tracks became disabled in an apparently random manner. The color boards used are as indicated. I tested all three shades of blue. A "y" means all tracks were disabled and an "n" means no change. I closed and reopened PD each time I did the test. You will note that red and blue1 went from n to y and lgt purple went from y to n. I was unable to identify any variable which caused the anomaly. You will also note that, from the very first of the second test, black disabled all tracks, whereas, in the first test, it never did so. In the first test, I also tested other boards randomly, but none of the tracks became disabled and I did not record which boards I tested at that time. In the second test, precise placement of the key frame was not necessary to trigger the anomaly.

I have no idea what this actually means, but it acts like the changes in performance are triggered by something quite arcane. Although I did several tests the first time, I do not know what triggered the anomaly from the very first of the second test (I started the second test with the black color board). I do not recall having occasion to use color boards with PD9 before running the first test. Perhaps Bubba will try again and also have a different result than with his first test.

The color boards tested, ane the results are:

black y y y y
red n n y
white y y
green n n
lgt purple y n n n
yellow n
blue1 n y
blue2 y y
blue3 y y

To the extent indicated, I CONFIRM your findings.

Pax

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 17. 2011 14:24

Laptop PC, ASUS
Core i7 Q 720
Win 7, 64-bit
RAM 8GB DDR2
Cranston
[Post New]
Hi Pax,

Thanks for all the work you put into re-testing. Interesting results.

I re-tested your results, and again my results differed. No matter which of the 10 color board I used, I “always” get an auto generated disabling of all the tracks (except for the track containing the color board).

But, in my original post, I only used a black color board for the example, because that would be a common “bit” that all PD9 users would have and could use, if anyone wanted to try to replicate the steps.
If I follow the exact steps (precisely as shown in the video example attached in my first post), then I always get an auto generated disabling of all the tracks, no matter what media I use (e.g. CL sample files, or any imported images, graphics, video clips, etc)

So on my rig, it doesn’t appear to be a “color board specific” issue, but rather a weird... “key frame adjustments (in PIP Designer), followed by dragging said media to the right, causes all tracks to auto disable” ...issue.
And the relationship between Key Frames (in PIP Designer), and the Disable Track option, seems to me so unrelated, that it merits the “weird issue" moniker.

CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi all,

I’m encountering an odd occurrence since updating to 2702, where the Enable/Disable tracks function engages by itself. Perhaps someone has encountered this and has a workaround or a fix?

- Move the fade’s starting Key Frame to the midway point of the scrubber line. (must do this)

As soon as I release my mouse, all of the track’s Disable crosses turn red, disabling all the tracks.

Very weird. Why would just sliding a color board farther down the timeline, cause all the tracks to decide to now disable themselves? Adrian confirmed that it doesn’t happen in an earlier build, on his 64 bit system. Anyone want to confirm if it happens on a 64 or 32 bit system running the 2702 update?

A 00:45 video example/demonstration of the anomaly is attached.

XP Pro / SP3

I verify this as well Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

Cranston
[Post New]
Thanks for taking the time Neil ! Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
Pax 123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Cranston,

There were some other aspects of my tests that I didn't bother to report because, although the results were consistent, I have no idea what is important. For instance, the red color board, #170,0,1 seems to serve as a buffer to the anomaly. That is, if I first place it on a time line and modify it as per your specifications, it never disables all tracks. Then, placing the white color board, which always disables all tracks, on the same time line and modifying renders no anomaly. That is, the all tracks disabled anomaly doesn't happen. Then, placing a third color board, say black, on the same time line and modifying has no effect either. Finally, placing an additional color board on the same track and modifying does disable all tracks.

This happens consistently, implying some sort of connection. However, as you can see, this gets very complex very quickly. The reason I disregarded results such as this is that I have no idea how to apply the information to a possible solution. Therefore, I simply contented myself with confirming your identification of the anomaly. However, there does seem to be some sort of consistent relationship on my computer between the color boards and the anomaly.

Since the anomaly does not affect my world much, I am content to await the solution from others, unless I am requested to be of service in some way.

Regards,

Pax Laptop PC, ASUS
Core i7 Q 720
Win 7, 64-bit
RAM 8GB DDR2
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Item 180 covers the whole thread and hopefully the additional content.

Dafydd
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I don't even know how it happened, but I hit play, only 1 thing played, I looked down, and nearly everything was disabled. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
I looked down, and nearly everything was disabled.

I presume you mean in PD and not your lower regions??

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I hate you... HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Brilliant retort Barry!

I was hoping you'd say something like: "Well - it worked just fine when I had PD8."

Cheers - Tony
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!