Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD9 hangs after completing a Blu-Ray burn
SnowBlades [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 27, 2011 00:48 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Everyone!

I have a strange recurrence when I burn a Blu-Ray disc. PD9 works fine for me, and I imported some .m2ts files from Adobe Premiere Elements 7 for a Blu-Ray disc I wanted to burn with some menus. The first time or two that I burned a Blu-Ray, everything was fine. But for the past 10 or so burns, PD9 crashes when the burn is complete. The discs are finished, and work fine in any Blu-Ray player, but it is a pain to have to reboot my computer everytime I burn a Blu-Ray.

To be a little more specific: When the disc is finished burning, a pop-up window tells me that the burning is complete. I click on OK and it goes away. I can then eject the disc; everything is still ok. Now I have the information window that tells me the progress of the burn. It accurately shows that the burn has reached 100% and gives the time of the burn. At the bottom of the window is the option to Cancel, which is the only option to eliminate the window. If I click on Cancel, the window visually shifts about 2 or 3 mm to the right, and the whole application hangs [complete with a "Leave-me-alone-I-am-thinking circle".] A second click brings up the "Program is unresponsive" pop-up from Windows. I can still operate my computer, but am even unable to shut down PD9 with Windows Task Manager. If I try to manually shut down my computer, it hangs attempting to shut down the un-responsive PD9. No matter what I try, I have to do a hard shut down.

Here are some computer specs:
I have an ATI Radeon 5800 Series graphics card with 1 GB dedicated mem
Over 600GB of free HDD space on a 1TB HDD
6GB of DDR3 RAM
2.8 GHz Core i7
EDIT: Windows7 Home Premium 64-bit

EDIT: Of course I would forget to include what version of PD I have: PowerDirector 9.0.0.2316 Ultra64

Here is some info on the project and burn settings:
10 HD videos with Menus
Files are .m2ts or .m2t
Burning direct to Blu-Ray
Video: MPEG-2 Quality: HD 1080 x 1920
Sound: Dolby Digital 5.1 Channels
File size approx: 7289 MB

In Preferences, I have unchecked both boxes under "Hardware Acceleration" and under "Produce" I have checked 'Reduce Blocky Artifacts' and 'Allow SVRT...'

The Discs look good. I guess I am glad it is happening post-production rather than before it completes, otherwise I would be extremely frustrated. The MPEG-2 gives me the least amount of blockiness during playback.

Oh yeah, one other thing. If I tell the program to shut down my computer after burning, it will shut down my computer, but then when I start-up, windows hangs on reboot. It still requires a Hard Shut-down. Strange.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm off to burn another disc, so I'll check back after reboot.

Thanks!

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 13. 2011 22:25

CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Snowblades

I really can't help you, only to say that this happens to me as well.

I do use a 'cheap' USB slim line BD burner so I just 'put up with it'.

Hopefully some of the techo gurus can help you on this one.

Good luck Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
PowerDirector 9.0.0.2316 Ultra64

Is an older Version, you should update.

Update patches here:
http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_US.html

Have you tried burning a BluRay folder only?
Uncheck Burn Disk.

If you do not have the BluRay folder option, here is the way to activate.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8131.page

You burn the Disk with disk authoring software, several around. Power2go is one.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

SnowBlades [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the link Carl. I had tried to update the program, but apparently I was going about it the wrong way. I updated to 2504 and burned a Blu-Ray. The program did not crash when finished, and so I have proceeded to burn another one. I am thinking and hoping that the situation is fixed. Since the initial issue did not appear the first time on the older version, I will report back if ultimately it returns again.

Thanks for the help. Sorry for the long delay in posts. I went out-of-town for a couple of weeks a day after the initial post.

sb
SnowBlades [Avatar]
[Post New]
So the first burn went fine. Play-tested the disc and everything looks great. I went to check on the second disc I was burning and got the error message:

"Burning Unsuccessful."

Error Code: eEB191E82

eEB191E82

The disc halted at 99% and is unusable.

So I burned the same video to AVCHD on a DVD+RW and everything looked fine there [I had to burn one of these anyway.]

I shut down PD 9 and restarted it, and attempted another Blu-Ray burn. Same result. Burning unsuccessful and same Error Code. Again 99% and unusable.

So I didn't change ANYTHING between the very first and second Blu-Ray burns. What gives? Technically I didn't change anything between the second and third, but the first and second burns were under the exact same conditions.

Can anyone tell me how to uninstall an update? At least before I could burn a Blu-Ray. Now I can't even do that.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 07. 2011 03:22

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
This is the 3rd incidence of the "eEB191E82" on this forum
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/16112.page
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/12264.page
Possible issues to look at: disc choice, laser failure, data cleaning-temp files, processing space on hard drives, transfer of data connection, insufficient ram, updating firmware, software rendering issue - what's in the tracks, dirty discs.

What happens when you burn to a folder?
See: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8131.page

I do not think a reversal of the version you are using will have a great deal of effect on the problem. Just select uninstall to remove PD9 and then re-install.
Thanks
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 07. 2011 04:43

SnowBlades [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd,

I followed your instructions in the link to make the 'burn to folder' option available and had success. I then proceeded to burn to a folder and the burning was successful. Not knowing enough about the interface between the various parts and the programs, I don't know what this tells us, but am curious about any explanations or insight you might be able to provide.

I am also hopeful that this will allow me to burn the folder to a Blu-Ray disc using third-party software. Is it as simple as burning those two folders that were created onto the Blu-Ray disc? Any recommendations on third-party software? From reading other threads, I know that Carl uses some; any recommendations? Additionally, now that I have the files in a folder, which one do I click on to run the video [so I can preview or check it out]? Or at least what kind of a file am I looking for? Sorry for all the questions on this, but I only ever played a Blu-Ray off the disc.

It's frustrating to not be able to use PD's integrated disc-burning UI, as it's simplicity and clarity are two of the features I really like about PD 9.

Thanks for the help. I really like PD 9 and hope that we'll either be able to fix the problem, or find a simple enough work-around that will allow me to continue enjoying the program.

sb