Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
error eEB191E82 when burn blu-ray
wzd2000 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 08, 2009 11:44 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Has anybody had error code eEB191E82 when burning blu-ray? I'm a PD9 trial user evaluating if it's going to do what I need. I have a core i5-750, 6gb ddr3 ram, new lite-on sata blu-ray burner, ati 5670, win 7 x64, using PD9 downloaded trial version build 2504. Situation: I'm trying to burn a blu-ray disc from a previously rendered mpg (mpg4, avc, 1920x1080, 12-18kbps variable, 5 channel audio, recognized as HD by PowerDVD9ultra because PowerDVD9ultra prompts me to turn on or leave off True Theater).

I was successful on a blu-ray burn with these disc settings in PD9: blu-ray 25gb, mpeg-2, hd1920x1080, dolby digital audio, 5.1, use hardware accelaration. The resulting video on the blu-ray disc was NOT recognized as HD by PowerDVD9ultra. Even my eyes could tell that the video was not HD sharp. I played the rendered mpg mentioned above and it was sharp and recognized as HD. Big disappointment. The settings have no way to adjust bit rates, compression, audio, etc like VideoStudio (which has its own problems).

I then attempted a burn using these settings: blu-ray 25gb, h.264, 1920x1080x24, dolby digital, 5.1, use hardware accelaration. The burn gets to 99% then failed with the error code eEB191E82. Huh? No indication of what the error is. Blu-ray discs are too expensive to keep making coasters.

I was also going to try to burn using mpeg-4, but with that setting there is no audio option other than stereo.

What is this error eEB191E82? Is there any way to tell PD9 to burn blu-ray (or DVD) using same settings as source video file? Does the purchase version have more settings? All I want to do for now is author a blu-ray with, hopefully, editable and/or creatable menu templates.

Can anyone help? I hope I haven't been too long winded.
Thank you.
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
The first rule of video editing is to render your production into a video file first which can be played on your PC. Once you're happy with the results then it is safe to burn to disc. The h264 (AVC) file format is just as clear as BD but much more efficient in disc space. The primary advantage of using it is that you can use a standard DVD (re-writable too) to check out your production. All BD players and most media players such as the PS3 will play AVC videos.

PD9 does not offer very good feedback on errors. The folks in this forum however do. Win 10, i7
TitaniumGamer [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Madison, Wisconsin Joined: Dec 19, 2010 06:24 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I got this same error code, "eEB191E82," buring BD-R with PowerDirector. It did the same thing, burn got to 99%, then the message "Burn unsuccessful." Went through about $20 worth of discs before I figured out it was caused by an illegal character in the "Disc volume label" field. I changed the volume lablel from "Mary's Family" to "Mary" and it burned successfully.

Would be nice if PowerDirector told you there was an illegal character in the volume label before trying to burn the disc, or at least told you in plain English what caused the error.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Would be nice if PowerDirector told you there was an illegal character in the volume label before trying to burn the disc, or at least told you in plain English what caused the error.

Yes, it would!

But Powerdirector is not the only program to not say there is an illegal character.

Maybe a read here would give you an idea of the scope of the problem.

http://support.grouplogic.com/?p=1607
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.