Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Anyone heard from Cap'n Kevin?
mtsarpilot [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 21, 2010 11:05 Messages: 33 Offline
[Post New]
Anyone heard from Cap'n Kevin lately? He is usually quite active in helping explain issues, solving problems for folks, etc. and I have not seen him replying on posts in a little while.
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Due to circumstances beyond his/our control, Kevin has reluctantly decided to cease as an active member of the forum, hopefully he will return soon as we all miss his highly valued contributions.

Come back soon Kevin

Regards

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Come back Kevin. We all miss you Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Yeh come back Kevin, life's too short, we miss you. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Me too. Come on back Cap'n!

The ill advised and poorly executed circumstances, that were beyond your/our control (as Robert said), could easly be corrected if someone wanted to.
But regardless of all that, please come on back. Your input here is too valuable to lose.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 03. 2011 05:17

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Due to circumstances beyond his/our control, Kevin has reluctantly decided to cease as an active member of the forum, hopefully he will return soon as we all miss his highly valued contributions.

Come back soon Kevin

What was beyond whose control?

If you'd asked you would have been told why and what.

Kevin hasn't gone anywhere, he visits this forum on a daily basis.

CyberLink were consulted and provided with all the information. CyberLink do not want beta testing of any other company's products posted on the forum.

Dafydd
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
CyberLink were consulted and provided with all the information. CyberLink do not want beta testing of any other company's products posted on the forum.

Not ALL the information was provided I am afraid!!

The AMD driver that was being discussed IS NOT A BETA DRIVER!!!! It is also my understanding that this fact has been communicated to you and you still persist in saying that the "driver" is beta because it seems to support your reason for deleteing my topic. Well, One of your Senior Contributors(ME!!) has shared with the forum the "The driver is not a beta". And the GOOD NEWS everyone is that several of us in the forum have been testing the latest ATI driver 11.1 and it is working GREAT. You can select Hardware Encoding and the produced video does not have any negative characteristics.

It is the latest and quite functional driver. The only portion of the driver "package" that is in beta form is the Catalyst Control Center, which it "simply" the user interface. Have you visited the AMD website Dafydd? You are not an ATI graphic card user....Have you checked out the website. I have numerous PM's from people confirming that they agree with me.

Maybe this "reason" will now go away as it is not accurate. That is what troubles me.

I visit the forum daily because there is information which needs to be shared. And I share information via PM and email.

Warm Regards to everyone!!

Kevin

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 03. 2011 06:20

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
And since this topic does not violate any of the rules and is not attacking or talking about beta drivers and I see no one swearing. Then I see this topic as following under the heading of "SHARING USER EXPERIENCES" and the topic should stand on its own two feet.

I have taken screen captures of all the responses including yours and will report "directly" to Cyberlink if you lock and/or delete this interesting topic that the USERS of OUR FORUM, want to discuss.

Maybe YOU don't want to discuss it....BUT MANY USERS WHO OWN CYBERLINK SOFTWARE ARE ENTITLED TO DISCUSS IT WITHOUT INTERFERENCE AND CLEARLY INDICATE THAT THEY WANT TO DISCUSS IT!!!!!

Regards,

Kevin
Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
Here is a screenshot of the ATI driver page available for my system. There is no reference to BETA on it. The only reference to beta was about the user interface that was able to be tried out. I tried it out personally and it work just fine.

The driver however works VERY well.

To ALL ATI users....I usually install the new drivers directly over the old drivers.

Until recently in my experience. THIS IS NOT THE BEST WAY.

UNINSTALL THE OLD DRIVERS FIRST...then install the new drivers.

I have had excellent results when rendering to many of the files types using hardware encoding. No video artifacts or strange blocking and/or colors.

Let the forum know how these new drivers are working for you.

I chose to install the ACCELERATED PARALLEL PROCESSING DRIVER which is a feature that CYBERLINK advertises on its website that Power Director 9 is capable of doing.

Warm regards,again!!

Kevin

[Thumb - ATI Driver.PNG]
 Filename
ATI Driver.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
242 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
164 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 03. 2011 06:23

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Kevin,

Far from your interpretation I would very much like the forum to have the opportunity to discus additional subjects. CyberLink when I asked for a specific forum to deal with hardware related issue decided against setting one up.

The hidden topics on this forum are still present for CyberLink to look at - so you can be assured these can be viewed no matter what threat you make to me.

The post which was removed was for a good reason - perhaps if you'd had a chat with me as you'd previously done you'd have understood why.

You were of course not privy to all the information and you still aren't so do not have a full grasp of the behind the scenes events which I had to deal with.

A bit like the 4 emails you sent to me asking for a member to be banned for life and the 9 PM's you had but only supplying 2 which didn't give any proof to a problem. Some things aren't always what they seem.

Regarding your recent-ish email to have all of CyberLink's software given to you. Please make contact with CyberLink directly. The final sentence in your email was quite extraordinary.

Finally the way you have posted the ATI driver use is fully acceptable - that is really OK. I have no problem with it. It was the beta testing previously which was the problem.

Thanks

Dafydd
Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
What was beyond whose control?

To prevent you from deleteing my topic. There are times when topics need to be deleted, edited, or locked.

This was not an instance.

:evilue to circumstances beyond his/our control

It is beyond our control to prevent you from deleting topics that YOU feel should be deleted simply because we disagree with you. Not because it violates a Cyberlink rule or regualtion.

Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
I am already currently in direct contact with Cyberlink.

Thank you.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Now this thread has wandered off topic - so will be locked
See the post: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15631.page which has already covered what has been written here.

Would you Kevin, care to start a new thread and one which will be found by the forum search capability. By all means repeat the content here which is relevant to the topic heading.

Dafydd

edited: link added.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 03. 2011 06:52