Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cyberlink, listen to this suggestion
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi members,
A while a go when this thread first started, I drew CyberLink's attention to it. I asked the other day to see if the whole thread with the many contributions and numerous hits was still being monitored. I'm pleased to tell everyone that the thread is still monitored by CyberLink and a number of the suggestions are being actively taken up/investigated for inclusion in PowerDirector.

Keep the suggestions flowing.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 03. 2015 04:35

Brennan1996.01 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Perth, Ontario Joined: Aug 21, 2014 14:57 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I'm pleased to tell everyone that the thread is still monitored by CyberLink and a number of the suggestions are being actively taken up/investigated for inclusion in PowerDirector.

Excellent news indeed!

I really love PowerDirector for what it can do for the masses, but sometimes individuals in the masses may have incredibly capable computers. My suggestion to CyberLink is to create measures in your program that maximise every bit of the computers functionality, ensure that all available RAM is accounted for, even pre-allocate the maximum amount of RAM possible!

For example: I have 16GB of speedy RAM available for use, yet even when doing some intense usage of PD13 the max I ever use is 6GB! I have investigated this to all ends, but with no luck. It seems that my RAM usage is capped.

Another example, my Quadro 2000 GPU pretty much lies dormant throughout the entire producing phase, bouncing between 2% and 3% usage. My GPU is a large source of computing power, so why not capitalize on it!!!

Come on CyberLink, hark hark!!! Make PowerDirector PUSH for the maximum system capabilities, force it to use every bit of power in the system, and you could have an absolutely untouchable editor on your hands!

All the best!

Brennan Kirkpatrick Myself indeed.
YetAnotherFred [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 20, 2013 06:45 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
True motion tracking please... and I'll stay...
While I really like PD I'm seriously considering changing to another software as I have a strong need for motion tracking... As mentioned in other posts, key frames is good but cannot replace motion tracking when you need to lock an object to a moving background.
It was mentioned in the questionnaire that was sent out toe the members recently so maybe there is hope...
[Post New]
Not being able to create custom sized videos is a big problem for me. I'm talking about height and width of the videos. I need to be able to make videos fill particular spots.
bonagege [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Italia, Lombardia GMT + 1 Joined: Jun 25, 2011 16:32 Messages: 187 Offline
[Post New]
The view in the preview window stops when zooming in the timeline using the + and - W 10 64 , pc Dell XPS 8000 - core i7 2,8 GHz--ram 6 MB--GEFORCE GTX 1050TI 4GB - SSD 256 + 2x630--area Pal
Videocam: Panasonic SD 700 avchd
Pinnacle 14 - PD 9-13-17
bonagege [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Italia, Lombardia GMT + 1 Joined: Jun 25, 2011 16:32 Messages: 187 Offline
[Post New]
They are watching on the timeline when the ruler reaches the end automatically moves to the middle of the timeline.

It would be useful should reach to the top of the timeline W 10 64 , pc Dell XPS 8000 - core i7 2,8 GHz--ram 6 MB--GEFORCE GTX 1050TI 4GB - SSD 256 + 2x630--area Pal
Pinnacle 14 - PD 9-13-17
bonagege [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi members,
A while a go when this thread first started, I drew CyberLink's attention to it. I asked the other day to see if the whole thread with the many contributions and numerous hits was still being monitored. I'm pleased to tell everyone that the thread is still monitored by CyberLink and a number of the suggestions are being actively taken up/investigated for inclusion in PowerDirector.

Keep the suggestions flowing.

Dafydd
We also are pleased to know that Cyberlink held in cosider our suggestions. Only by listening to consumer products will be successful W 10 64 , pc Dell XPS 8000 - core i7 2,8 GHz--ram 6 MB--GEFORCE GTX 1050TI 4GB - SSD 256 + 2x630--area Pal
Pinnacle 14 - PD 9-13-17
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It would be great to have a quick way to disable the rotation lock-points (software "detents") for the rotation of pictures and videos in the Modify menu.

Currently, if you drag the rotation tool and get within +/-5° of 0/360, 90, 180 or 270°, the clip locks to that set point, but there doesn't seem to be a way to turn that off if you wanted to rotate the clip to 93°, for example.

Setting a precise angle can be done by typing in a value in the Keyframe menu, but you need to go to another tool and also need to set at least one additional keyframe if you don't want any rotational motion.

It would be ideal if I could hold down either the Shift or Ctrl keys while dragging the rotation tool so I could manually reach any angle. The second-best approach would be to link these set-points to the Snap to Reference Lines feature so no rotation snapping would happen if the box was unchecked.

Thanks!

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jun 23. 2015 14:33

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]
Agree - that has come up a few times already in this forum. Win8.1 Pro x64 / Dual x5670 / 24GB / GTX960 4GB / 240GB SSD + 640GB HDD / PD13 Ultimate
jcardana
Senior Contributor Location: USA-NM Joined: Aug 04, 2014 10:11 Messages: 650 Offline
[Post New]
From another thread...

Quote: One enhancement to PowerDirector 13 that (I think) would
be useful (eg: simplify things) is to enable the settings selected under
the 'Produce' menu to be sticky. I would imagine that the vast majority
of users, more often than not, save videos out with the same settings
each and every time (with the occasional exception).Making the
options 'sticky' would mean your chosen options/settings would remain in
place so that the next time you completed a video project you would not
have to go through the process of re-selecting all the various options
over and over again.Just saying !?Regards, bjc100
CyberPowerPC | Win7HP-64 | AMD FX-8320 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Mem | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB | WEI 5.9

My Video Editing Computer
| My DirectX Diagnostics

PowerDirector 15.0.2820.0 | PhotoDirector 7.0.7504.0 | AudioDirector 6.0.5902.0 | ColorDirector 4.0.4627.0 | Power2Go 9.0.2602.0

Sutter Hill SDA Church
| Anadrac_Organ_Works | My_Youtube_Channel
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I second that one, or even an MRU (most-recently used) menu for producing profiles

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 27. 2015 18:03

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]
I have two Cameras that are optimized for 4k Video and my next will be also.

1. I would like to see better import and editing of 4k.
2. I would like to see better 4k output.
3. I would like to see support and burning software for the new 4k BlueRay standard.

4. I would like to see more customizable "Produce" formats and with higher bitrates.

a. Where is 1080P60 at 100+ bit rate?

b. Why can't I produce that from MOV files of the same rate?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 28. 2015 18:22

reviewify [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 04, 2014 06:01 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
I'd like captured voiceovers to be saved in the same folder the project is saved in. As it stands I have one folder with hundreds of captured audios and no easy way to know what project they belong to. Mark

Vids can be seen via: https://www.youtube.com/user/mdraper37
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I'd like captured voiceovers to be saved in the same folder the project is saved in. As it stands I have one folder with hundreds of captured audios and no easy way to know what project they belong to.

Voiceovers are saved to the location you have specified as the Export folder in preferences. So by making this pref setting folder location that of your project you can save them there. But you are right, for me it would be nice to have the ability for both Import and Export folder locations to be saved, restored and fixed when opening a new pds file with what I was using when I saved that pds file.

Jeff
reviewify [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 04, 2014 06:01 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Yes cheers, however it's a bit of a faff doing that for every project (I just do small videos), so I'd much rather have an option to automatically change the voiceover file path to the same as the project file or media import path.
[Post New]
In the newer Versions You Can Make it to where instead of adding tabs. you can add your own Catergory like the Yellow Marker words in section to the Left.. that would be awsome. This way the ones you downloaded can move to that carergory you made and not be floating in the download and the catergory its self just a idea
[Post New]
It would be nice if previous settings could be remembered including restore down window size and location, size of preview, and number of timelines
bonagege [Avatar]
[Post New]
You can resize the timeline ruler to expand or collapse thedisplay of the production. It would be useful to add to the timeline ruler over the command of the whole movie even the custom view of 1.10.30 seconds and 1-5-20-60 minutes.Sorry for the automatic translator W 10 64 , pc Dell XPS 8000 - core i7 2,8 GHz--ram 6 MB--GEFORCE GTX 1050TI 4GB - SSD 256 + 2x630--area Pal
Pinnacle 14 - PD 9-13-17
bonagege [Avatar]
[Post New]
It would be useful to have a single command that automatically deletes all empty gaps. It avoids a laborious control and you are assured of proper operation.

Sorry for automatic translator W 10 64 , pc Dell XPS 8000 - core i7 2,8 GHz--ram 6 MB--GEFORCE GTX 1050TI 4GB - SSD 256 + 2x630--area Pal
Pinnacle 14 - PD 9-13-17
bjc100 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 27, 2015 07:49 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Would it be possible to enable the production of shadow-files to be prioritised ? At the moment I am working with 4K video ~ whilst idle, Powerdirector is using only 15% of available CPU power, if I could choose to prioritise shadow-file production the whole process of generating these file could be sped up by around 600%, reducing the time currently spent waiting for the process to complete 'in-the-background'.

Would that be at all possible ?

Thank you.

bjc
CV27 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 13, 2011 13:51 Messages: 77 Offline
[Post New]
Ability to "delete" all transitions on a given track in 1 command. I7-4770, 3.40Ghz, 16GB RAM, Asus Z87-Plus Z87chipset, Sapphire ATI Radeon HD7850 PCI Express-16 3.0 2GB, Samsung EVO 840 SSD 1TB