Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Return to menu (yet again!!!)
RobertWA [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Sep 20, 2008 00:18 Messages: 223 Offline
[Post New]
Good morning all

I have a continuing problem with the Return to Menu function of PD8. (I am using Build 3022)

I raised this issue some time ago - in fact soon after PD8 was released. At that time there was a recognised anomaly in this feature. See Jeff's reply in http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7497.page#30591 . Cyberlink's Technical Support people also recognised the issue.

My problem is that I still cannot get the Return to Menu feature to work properly, despite assurances that this anomaly has been fixed and that the feature now works. Apparently I am doing something wrong, so Help, Please!!!!!

Here is what I have done so far.

I opened a new project, put nothing in the timeline and went to Create Disc. I clicked on “Import Power Director projects” and added three projects. Each of these used only the sample videos, and there were no chapters.

I selected “Play the selected title only” and then clicked on Burn.

The DVD then played as follows: If I click on Scenes from the Main Menu the Scenes Menu comes up. If I click on Title 1, Title 1 plays and then returns to the Scenes Menu. Similarly when I click on Title 2, Title 2 plays and then returns to the Scenes Menu, and similarly for Title 3. This is exactly what I expected would happen.

However when I click on Play from the Main Menu, only Title 1 plays and then returns to the Main Menu. This is NOT what I expect to happen – it should play Title 1 then Title 2 then Title 3, and then return to the Main Menu.

So it seems that you can have Return to Menu, OR Play All, but not both.

I later repeated this procedure but added three .avi files instead of projects, with the same result. I also tried putting one of my titles into the timeline instead of leaving the timeline blank - this modified the menu behaviour slightly but did not affect the return to menu behaviour - that still didn't work.

So my question is: is it possible with PD8 to create a DVD which allows the user to choose to play the whole movie (ie all three titles) or select individual titles to play and then return to the menu so he can select another title? (It seems that the answer should be Yes.)

If it is possible , if someone can show me how this can be done I would be eternally grateful!

Thank you

Robert