Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 22 release Sept 23
Chrissyc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 08, 2012 06:12 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
I don't seem to be able to snap the curser to the start of a video clip on this latest version. If I want to insert another clip for example, I need to widen the ruler and maually adjust the curser a frame at a time to try and find the first frame in the clip.
This will be a nightmare when it comes to syncing audio and then moving the clips up higher on the timeline - it was easy when the curser snapped to the start of the clip.
Anyone any ideas?
Also, when did the conversion of 2D to 3D images cease?
And where has the Contet Aware Editing Tool gone?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I don't seem to be able to snap the curser to the start of a video clip on this latest version. If I want to insert another clip for example, I need to widen the ruler and maually adjust the curser a frame at a time to try and find the first frame in the clip.
This will be a nightmare when it comes to syncing audio and then moving the clips up higher on the timeline - it was easy when the curser snapped to the start of the clip.
Anyone any ideas?
Also, when did the conversion of 2D to 3D images cease?
And where has the Contet Aware Editing Tool gone?

Clip beginning: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/119413.page#post_box_449767

2D > 3D: Click More features icon above timeline with pic selected, then Set Clip Format

Content Aware Editing: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/119397.page#post_box_449798

Jeff
Chrissyc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 08, 2012 06:12 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for your reply, I have found the 2D-3D tool.

So the content aware tool has gone then, and although I can jump to the start of a clip by double clicking and bringing up the edit menu - I then need to close the edit menu again each time as the curser will not play beyond the end of the clip whislt it's open - very frustrating!

I can't get the 'page up' to jump to the start of a clip - as the other guy mentioned.

I guess as this is a topic other people have discussed - there is no difinitive answer.
But once again many thanks.

Clip beginning: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/119413.page#post_box_449767

2D > 3D: Click More features icon above timeline with pic selected, then Set Clip Format

Content Aware Editing: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/119397.page#post_box_449798

Jeff
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thank you for your reply, I have found the 2D-3D tool.

So the content aware tool has gone then, and although I can jump to the start of a clip by double clicking and bringing up the edit menu - I then need to close the edit menu again each time as the curser will not play beyond the end of the clip whislt it's open - very frustrating!

I can't get the 'page up' to jump to the start of a clip - as the other guy mentioned.

I guess as this is a topic other people have discussed - there is no difinitive answer.
But once again many thanks.

If doing playback, might try, Double click on clip, then Page Down, then play as one workaround. The pref option to automatically enter "Movie" mode during playback does not appear to work properly for me when a clip is selected.

Yes, the new scrubber behaviour is not user friendly in my view. No one wants to drag scrubber for editing speed.

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 19. 2023 11:37

paulsw212 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 30, 2023 19:21 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]

If doing playback, might try, Double click on clip, then Page Down, then play as one workaround. The pref option to automatically enter "Movie" mode during playback does not appear to work properly for me when a clip is selected.

Yes, the new scrubber behaviour is not user friendly in my view. No one wants to drag scrubber for editing speed.

Jeff

Thanks for this thread and responses as this has been my major irritant with the new version (the major problem being its instability). My question is, why would Cyberlink remove this functionality? It what way does it benefit/enhance the application? Bizarre!

Paul